British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Trees wrote about Robert Lambert " On Radio Norfolk yesterday he said that he thinks the fans should be given more information about what is going on during a meeting, he feels people get the wrong end of the stick about riders etc and it puts people off going to speedway"

​Robert is correct about this and it is what a number of Stars fans want to see happening, as part of the not treating them as mushrooms in future by the Promotion. Please help this to be brought about via the Supporters Club IF Buster is serious about having a better, more positive relationship with the fans. Persuading Mark Carney to return would be a start. As would holding a couple of meetings before Christmas with fans who want to contribute ideas to the promised further success of KLS.

• Like 1

Mark Gent got of load of stick when he did the media side he told me he could only tell the fans what the promotion told him - he got fed up with the stick he was getting and moved on I'm now not convinced he was at fault - then there was Rory Schlien last season Holder Batch Gavin Caney Rob Lyons -so what is the reason ?

Edited by Haza

Why has it gone so wrong? A few years back riders were queueing up to join the stars. We were the place to be. That was still under the control of Buster

Why has it gone so wrong? A few years back riders were queueing up to join the stars. We were the place to be. That was still under the control of Buster

A very different Buster then. He has become so much more set in his ways and his ultra stubbornness ( or self belief as you prefer ) has led to a lot of fans becoming disillusioned about how KLS has been run in the last few years. Buster's BSPA role has not helped KLS and perhaps not him either. He has as they say " lost the dressing room" AND the terraces.

He admitted last Wednesday that being Chairman has led to him neglecting the club and his family.

Mark Gent got of load of stick when he did the media side he told me he could only tell the fans what the promotion told him - he got fed up with the stick he was getting and moved on I'm now not convinced he was at fault - then there was Rory Schlien last season Holder Batch Gavin Caney Rob Lyons -so what is the reason ?

Marc didn't help himself with his relationship with the fans, he was very aloof imo...

I thought he was neglecting JC long before he became Chairman. Which was cutting your nose off to spite your face as he was the one who made things tick at Saddlebow. Father needs Son, he just can't see it.

• Like 2

Rob, Buster and Dale have been a good team together afa recruiting riders for years, nothing wrong with our team this year either, just went wrong after we sacked the Aussies. We have had so many problems with pivotal riders being injured that has messed up a good team at an important time, we have been very unlucky.

I thought he was neglecting JC long before he became Chairman. Which was cutting your nose off to spite your face as he was the one who made things tick at Saddlebow. Father needs Son, he just can't see it.

I don't think we have a clue about what went on between Buster and Jonathan and KLS?

Trees straight question. Yes or no will do. Was Kings Lynn Speedway run more professionally when JC was in situ?

Trees straight question. Yes or no will do. Was Kings Lynn Speedway run more professionally when JC was in situ?

You seem to have this kind of love in with JC.He must come up in 50% of your posts.Was it down to JC back then,or was it that Buster didn't have so much on his plate and could concentrate on the speedway side of things back then.

Love in ? 😂 I can recongnise a decent business brain when I see one. Does that count as 😍? Lol. It's gone slowly down hill since he left. The same happened at The local Football club the Chapman's owned. What would you put the demise of Speedway at Lynn down to ?

As a side issue are Cheryl's parents still working down at The Club ?

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

Love in ? I can recongnise a decent business brain when I see one. Does that count as ? Lol. It's gone slowly down hill since he left. The same happened at The local Football club the Chapman's owned. What would you put the demise of Speedway at Lynn down to ?

As a side issue are Cheryl's parents still working down at The Club ?

I think the demise isn't just KL speedway,it's speedway in general.

Buster has obviously got something right business wise to be able to keep making improvements to the stadium etc.Maybe his business brain is to put a bit more into stock cars atm as that is where the money comes from.

There's no doubt the club needs someone to do a similar job to that Jonathan did a few years ago but whether the money is there to pay I don't know.

Riders were queuing up for 2 key reasons;

1 it was invariably a great race track.

2 everybody got paid on time every time

• Like 2

Riders were queuing up for 2 key reasons;

1 it was invariably a great race track.

2 everybody got paid on time every time

It still is a decent, smooth racetrack most of the time and afaik riders still get paid on time?

We've had good teams most years.