British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

A lot of moaning on here.

£20 is a good price for the meeting and there aren't going to be meetings for several months.

I think there are rider who should produce some good races and some I enjoy seeing at Brandon (a few I don't)

Count me in 👍🏻

• Like 1

Poole are good for British Speedway we're told. As they send their number 7 to represent them in the ELRC :rolleyes:

As have Leicester so I don't really see the point.

Who said Poole are good for speedway? You should really ignore the rubbish from the odd fan.

I have heard far worse and stranger things about this sport from an odd fan and had nothing to do with Poole. Just pure beer talk some of them unfortunately.

You going?

Being the mug I am, yes! :rolleyes:

they are also sending their No1. Andersen would have ridden if fit. At least Newman will have a right go in every race and is good to watch.

Where are Buczkowski and Kurtz? Also convenient how Bjarne is down to ride in the Blue Ribband! Ellis got a family picnic to attend? As it is I like Kyle but it doesn't look good on Poole when they have to send their number 7!

Who said Poole are good for speedway? You should really ignore the rubbish from the odd fan.

I have heard far worse and stranger things about this sport from an odd fan and had nothing to do with Poole. Just pure beer talk some of them unfortunately.

Leicester are a joke and most of their fans know it tbf. Yet some Poole fans seem to think everything Poole does is amazing and for the good of the sport.

Nick Morris (Swindon) - premier league standard

Chris Harris (Coventry)

Niels-Kristian Iversen (King's Lynn)

Chris Holder (Poole)

Scott Nicholls (Belle Vue)

Kyle Newman (Poole) - premier league

Craig Cook (Belle Vue) - premier league

Sam Masters (Wolverhampton) - premier league

Danny King (Coventry) - premier league

Kim Nilsson (Lakeside)

Patrick Hougaard (Leicester) - could ride in premier league

Edward Kennett (Lakeside) - premier league

Rohan Tungate (Swindon) - premier league

Robert Lambert (King's Lynn) - premier league

Freddie Lindgren (Wolverhampton)

Paul Starke (Leicester) - premier league

So as I said PLRC with a few elite league riders. I doubt very much the 6 elite league riders will make it to Saturday.

If there was no doubling up those riders would be in the EL. Not the strongest line up but some of these riders ride Brandon extremely well. 5 will ride in Melbourne and some others have appeared on the World stage this year. £20 seems a decent price to me and even more so kids are free, 7 of my family are going to attend. Edited by woz01

Can someone please explain how it's "Reduced Admission" at £20? Thanks in advance.

Can someone please explain how it's "Reduced Admission" at £20? Thanks in advance.

Because for 20 minute they were changing £20 so it's now half price!

Agreed, surely something can only be advertised as reduced if it is actually reduced!

This event has turned into a farce and should be binned like the craven shield. It has never been the same since Hyde road shut.

• Like 4

Paul Starke is fourth in the Leicester averages and that after riding in the top five for most of the year. He was competitive in the British Final so hardly out of place in this field.

The ELRC has been £25 for several seasons.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Gonna go this year cuz it's £20, I know it's only a fiver but tbh £20 acceptable £25 not

• Like 1

Anybody else pulled out yet?

Anybody else pulled out yet?

Not yet so far as I know. Might have to wait until the day itself.

When was the last van breakdown excuse offered up?

A lot of moaning on here.

£20 is a good price for the meeting and there aren't going to be meetings for several months.

I think there are rider who should produce some good races and some I enjoy seeing at Brandon (a few I don't)

Count me in

I'm going to agree with you for the 2nd time this season!

People pay £17 for 15 heats in an Elite League meeting. This is £20 for 22 heats and top riders like Holder, Lindgren and Iversen are riding. Bomber and King will get stuck in as well. If you think its a rip off then don't go but to me its not bad value for money and I will be travelling from Swindon for it.

• Like 1

This event always makes me recall the farce a few years back at Poole, first meeting rained off with the fans already in the Stadium and when it was actually staged most riders did not turn up, fans were unaware until they got there despite non starters being known to organisers well in advance.

• Like 1

This event always makes me recall the farce a few years back at Poole, first meeting rained off with the fans already in the Stadium and when it was actually staged most riders did not turn up, fans were unaware until they got there despite non starters being known to organisers well in advance.

Yeah we got to Swindon one year only to see a written notice on the door that Ward had been replaced by a PL rider that I can't remember off the top of my head. But like a mug I will still go on Saturday and complain when Holder is replaced by Ellis and Iversen by Simon Lambert!!!!