British Speedway Forum
superclamp

Woffinden's Language.

Hardly, two different things. Lung's was in the heat of the moment, natural and lets not forget his first language is not English. Woffy's was deliberate and unnecessary. You're bit of a Woffy sycophant aren't you Chris?

FFS.

Guest GiveusaB

Passion ? or lack of intelligence ? or both ? Not a great role model for the younger generation imo !

How is two different riders both swearing using the same word when being interviewed on a tv broadcast different things? Complete nonsense.

You don't think Woffy was full of adrenaline at the time too? Dear oh dear...

Dear oh dear... you really can't see the difference? Are you telling me that Woffy's examples were not pre-meditated, rather than off the cuff slips?

Don't get me wrong, I like Woffy, but I think this season he's let himself down badly and whilst sycophants defend him, there is a risk he will continue with this course of unprofessional behaviour.

Out of interest, what would Woffinden have to do in order for you to condemn him? What about one of the Ward off track antics that ended up with him in court, would you still be defending him then?

• Like 1

Dear oh dear... you really can't see the difference? Are you telling me that Woffy's examples were not pre-meditated, rather than off the cuff slips?

Don't get me wrong, I like Woffy, but I think this season he's let himself down badly and whilst sycophants defend him, there is a risk he will continue with this course of unprofessional behaviour.

Out of interest, what would Woffinden have to do in order for you to condemn him? What about one of the Ward off track antics that ended up with him in court, would you still be defending him then?

I don't see a difference because there isn't one!

I agree that Woffy using the F word wasn't the brightest thing he's ever done, but to single him out for it is just plain ridiculous!!

As for your last question I'll just ignore it as it's rather stupid.

I don't see a difference because there isn't one!

I agree that Woffy using the F word wasn't the brightest thing he's ever done, but to single him out for it is just plain ridiculous!!

As for your last question I'll just ignore it as it's rather stupid.

Name another rider that has used the F word in a post meeting interview, not in a heat of the moment interview straight after a race

I would rather they just stop interviewing him for a few GPs (and any one else that uses same language on camera), they would soon learn, after maybe their sponsors question why their "man" is not fully promoting their product.

Then give him a chance to show he learned to clean up, but if he "slips" up during an interview just curtail it.

He does seem to have cleaned up since the Cardiff debacle, if he swore on Saturday night at Teterow then I didnt hear it, mainly because I mentally turn off when he being interviewed. A good rider, but I dont like his personality.

I wonder if Tai uses that language in front of his partner, or doesny mind others using that language in front of his partner.?

If he does object to foul language being used in front of his partner, then why does he think its ok to swear in front of my wife (when she watching).

All through the olympics from Rio I watched a lot of the sport, paticularly in the velodrome. All the young Brits being interviewed and I didnt hear any foul words at all - and they were putting in as much effort as speedway riders do.

Tai tweeted a couple years ago what he was going to do to his partner when he got home, so with hearing his foul language recently and his disrespect to others nothing will change him, he clearly has issues and being kicked out of school it looks like it's been long term not just since his dad passed away.

It's sad as he is an amazing talent on a bike.

Name another rider that has used the F word in a post meeting interview, not in a heat of the moment interview straight after a race

Peter Lung!!

Pwoper naughty that Tai kiddie, tone it darn son for forks sake, show more respect.

Peter Lung!!

That was heat of moment, he was having a crap night and was interviewed about his crap night, it slipped out, natural not premediated like Tai. Try again.

It shows his lack of knowledge of the English language, he replaces words in sentences with swear words that he doesn't know, as well as using them as a way to get attention..

Perhaps he ought to go back to school, perhaps in the close season and take a basic English Language course or similar.... Just to show he realises he has a problem, because he probably doesn't consider it's a problem!!

• Like 1

It shows his lack of knowledge of the English language, he replaces words in sentences with swear words that he doesn't know, as well as using them as a way to get attention..

Perhaps he ought to go back to school, perhaps in the close season and take a basic English Language course or similar.... Just to show he realises he has a problem, because he probably doesn't consider it's a problem!!

Out of interest,how is he able to use swear words "that he doesn't know"?

Surely being able to use in an appropriate context words that you don't even know shows an excellent grasp of the English language.

Out of interest,how is he able to use swear words "that he doesn't know"?

Surely being able to use in an appropriate context words that you don't even know shows an excellent grasp of the English language.

He sometimes comes over as trying to be a clever dick. In his case it doesn't work. I am a big fan of Tai Woffinden as a Speedway Rider. As regarding his language he lets both himself and his Sport down every time he does it on the public stage.

I can only put that down to ignorance.

• Like 2

I think people need to ease up on Tai. Why is it in this country when we have a successful sports person, people are always looking to shoot them down?

Look at a major competition our footballers face, the media are always dragging up dirty news to incriminate those sports people. Why not just let them do their job and support them. This is where sky need to be a bit more stringent, and if he does swear or use bad language, either warn him, and if repeated, don't interview him. His sponsors (like has been said, will soon come down on him) and will shape him up.

I also noticed in the GPs contract, should a rider use ungentlemanly conduct they could be fined $xx (not sure of the figure). If he is a repeat culprit of this, could the promoters not fine him?

I think people need to ease up on Tai. Why is it in this country when we have a successful sports person, people are always looking to shoot them down?

Look at a major competition our footballers face, the media are always dragging up dirty news to incriminate those sports people. Why not just let them do their job and support them. This is where sky need to be a bit more stringent, and if he does swear or use bad language, either warn him, and if repeated, don't interview him. His sponsors (like has been said, will soon come down on him) and will shape him up.

I also noticed in the GPs contract, should a rider use ungentlemanly conduct they could be fined $xx (not sure of the figure). If he is a repeat culprit of this, could the promoters not fine him?

All anyone is asking Tai to do is not to swear in interviews, how hard can it be.