British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Why are people only pointing out the negatives? Yeah he has bad days, but everyone does, how many times has Lindgren done something incredible for Newcastle? Whether it was just 1 simple pass which made the crowd happy, or whether it's visiting schools, promoting the Diamonds, all of that matters, Wells on the other hand has the personality of a spoon and would never do any kind of promotion

I'm sure if I looked I could find many positive statistics, along with the negative statistics pointed out here

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/16028/newcastle-peterborough-pl-21-2016

Look, I just found a bad meeting from the lord and saviour Lambert himself, no one ever points this stuff out? Oh and look, Lindgren got 11 points that day :)

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/15509/newcastle-berwick-pl-08-2016

Oh look, Kus had an off day, and how many points has Lindgren got? :)

Some people just seem to have this vendetta against Ludvig, he was a great rider last year for us, yet people still moan and moan, old men who couldn't ride a bike anywhere near as good as him :)

Edit: This was in no way a dig at Lambert or Kus, it was just an example, everyone has bad days

Both of your examples are of home meetings Ludvig is good at home I'm not disputing that but me as a person I want Newcastle to try and win every trophy there competing for so if you look at his away scores you carry him most of the time!! Just my opinion but if it was wells or lindgren it would be wells by far for me

Ludde in 2017? Yes, please. Ludde in 2017? Yes, please.

Hopefully with "The Magic Man" *cringe* Matej Kus in the lineup!! Maybe they'll beat their record of total 5-1's, think it was 20 they scored this year. More of those and more trophies, and i'll be a happy fan.

Just had a quick look at last years meetings... unless ive missed some, lindgren met wells 6 times at Brough.... wells just got the nod in their protracted duel

6-0!! Lol

He scored something like 9 from 9 rides against Sheffield away and Glasgow away where it mattered though....

again totally agree pal where it mattered most didn't do it

Why are people only pointing out the negatives? Yeah he has bad days, but everyone does, how many times has Lindgren done something incredible for Newcastle? Whether it was just 1 simple pass which made the crowd happy, or whether it's visiting schools, promoting the Diamonds, all of that matters, Wells on the other hand has the personality of a spoon and would never do any kind of promotion

I'm sure if I looked I could find many positive statistics, along with the negative statistics pointed out here

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/16028/newcastle-peterborough-pl-21-2016

Look, I just found a bad meeting from the lord and saviour Lambert himself, no one ever points this stuff out? Oh and look, Lindgren got 11 points that day :)

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/15509/newcastle-berwick-pl-08-2016

Oh look, Kus had an off day, and how many points has Lindgren got? :)

Some people just seem to have this vendetta against Ludvig, he was a great rider last year for us, yet people still moan and moan, old men who couldn't ride a bike anywhere near as good as him :)

Edit: This was in no way a dig at Lambert or Kus, it was just an example, everyone has bad days

yes agree but want you miss out on is its got nothing to do with being old men am a professional driver that's my job if I have a bad day or I make a mistake I expect to be hauled over the coals that's lindgrens job a professional speedway rider I yes I do take my hat off to anyone who rides a bike with no brakes they have got to be a bit crazy but that's what they have chose to do so its a job they want to do

And breathe.

yes,,, Ludde is quite often a good talking point,,, suppose he's a bit like marmite, I prefer bovril, but there ok mixed ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

More important is who we get at 7 if rumours are right and Phillips is to be retained. We need to pull another rabbit out of that (as we have done in the past) otherwise we'll be woefully weak at reserve and it won't matter if it's Lindgren, Wells, Kus or Tai Woffinden in the top 5.

I don't necessarily agree that Phillips will start scoring due to the possible influx of inexperienced riders at reserve. Berwick & Scunthorpe have reasonable reserve pairings while JPB, Tom Bacon and Jack Smith who are all improving and who all have favourable form with Phillips at NL level, have all been snapped up.

Edited by NJC71

Ludde in 2017? Yes, please.

Ludde in 2017? Yes, please.

And me too. The guy put a point on his overall average last season. ( I don't take much notice of greensheet averages except for team building,. They never tell the full story. Don't include bonus points, or even all official matches. Your best team rider always has an artificially low average) Who scored the most bonus points in 2016. Ludvig. It's not always about what a captain does on the track or the toss, it's about what he does in the pits as well especially when he's having a bad day. 3rd or 4th name on the teamsheet for me.

• Like 2

More important is who we get at 7 if rumours are right and Phillips is to be retained. We need to pull another rabbit out of that (as we have done in the past) otherwise we'll be woefully weak at reserve and it won't matter if it's Lindgren, Wells, Kus or Tai Woffinden in the top 5.

I don't necessarily agree that Phillips will start scoring due to the possible influx of inexperienced riders at reserve. Berwick & Scunthorpe have reasonable reserve pairings while JPB, Tom Bacon and Jack Smith who are all improving and who all have favourable form with Phillips at NL level, have all been snapped up.

Your right. I think all the new #7's named thus far average more than Danny in the NL so there's no evidence to suggest he'll outscore any of those just because he's had a full season's "championship" experience.

I've mentioned the Spiller boys before, purely because they ride with Lambert in Germany. No idea of their level (Daniel seemed to do well at Eastbourne a couple of seasons ago) or if they plan to ride in the UK but the 2 point options look limited and we might need two of them. Morris' near 5 point average is too high for a reserve in a watered down league. Ideally you'd start with a 3.50 ish rider at #6 like Lewis Rose last season.

Doesn't Speedway Star report that the originally intended line up was 0.01 over the 40 point limited so perhaps there's now a smidgen more points wise for the #7?

Where's WKD with his knife ??? ;)

I'm here. :t:

And he should go. It would be better for his career to have a change and, in my opinion better for Newcastle too.

Wells would be a pretty good option for me.

I'm here. :t:

And he should go. It would be better for his career to have a change and, in my opinion better for Newcastle too.

Wells would be a pretty good option for me.

but you don't even go, so your vote doesn't count :P

• Like 2

but you don't even go, so your vote doesn't count :P

You are right. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i dont forget at all, so me where ive 'dissed' Dandelion's opinion??

I make it personal?? where have i made it personal?? Unlike you dave i say as it is, how i feel...if you dont like it or agree with it then you know what to do.

Where did I say you did. Get reading what I wrote again.

You often make it personal as a dig. Who called me a 'Lacky' because I work hard for the club.

You might say as you see it, but we get used to you just being a critic for critics sake, gets boring. You're a critic, i'm a supporter.

Back to type again, but you don't get personal remember. :party:

• Like 1

Dave (the lacky),,, please don't snap, your club needs you and, you're keeping things together ;)

• Like 1

Where did I say you did. Get reading what I wrote again.

You often make it personal as a dig. Who called me a 'Lacky' because I work hard for the club.

You might say as you see it, but we get used to you just being a critic for critics sake, gets boring. You're a critic, i'm a supporter.

Back to type again, but you don't get personal remember. :party:

you absolute fkg liar!!! when did i call you a lacky?? I think you have got the wrong person, if i did and i certainly dont recall it, because i dont think it... I couldn't give a monkeys what you think, but im pretty confident i didnt and wouldnt say that!!

Put a link up please.

If i did i appologise, but im pretty certain i didnt because i dont think that at all.... but ive had several conversations with you where you have called/moaned etc about lots of things, difference is ive got the balls to say it on here, you are a coward who wont in fear of upsetting your mates!!

Edit.

Ive just done a search of the word 'lacky' author Arson fire... only this thread came up!!!

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1