British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

That means the rider to go is Blacklock, will LIam be below 2,99 to fit an at No7 and does he qualify. wonder if we will have enough points to bring in another journeyman like Pjiper

Not an expert on averages and how they work out, but from Liam's first 5 League meetings not including bonus points his average is 1.33 again not sure If or how rolling averages affect averages when they change.

Four home, four away before our riders' averages can be looked at.

Fourth away (league) match is at Ipswich next week, fourth home is also against the Witches on Saturday week.

Riders' figures then take effect seven days on -- which would be May 6th.

• Like 1

Fourth away (league) match is at Ipswich next week, fourth home is also against the Witches on Saturday week.

Hopefully by then Bridger will be making starts, Berge will be giving the kind of performances we have seen in the past and Carr will have sorted out his engines. I still think Berwick have a capable team on paper, yes I know nothing is won on paper, but if this team can perform as they should then we could still have a decent season. Current results continue of course then the date we can start to make changes cant come quick enough.

Anybody heard how Berge's injury from last week is

It should also be remembered that Dimitri's four home, four away record won't now be until mid-May at the earliest.

Anybody heard how Berge's injury from last week is

Obviously still having trouble as he was due to ride for his Polish club yesterday but didn't, hopefully he will be fit soon.

Sorry but I don't think this is correct - it is for 'new' riders however on reading the regulations (yawn!) I reckon that riders with an existing average (ie 'rolling' MA) will continue to roll forward from last year. These will include any meetings up to and including a Monday (every other week). New MA's to be issued every other Thursday to become applicable the following Monday. So averages will change once a fortnight rather than once a month. No date for this is specified in the regs!

Hope my reading of the regs is correct - I'm not putting your statement down, merely stating my understanding of the rules - and I'm willing to be corrected by anyone in the know (if there is anyone in the know!)

Sorry but I don't think this is correct - it is for 'new' riders however on reading the regulations (yawn!) I reckon that riders with an existing average (ie 'rolling' MA) will continue to roll forward from last year. These will include any meetings up to and including a Monday (every other week). New MA's to be issued every other Thursday to become applicable the following Monday. So averages will change once a fortnight rather than once a month. No date for this is specified in the regs!

Hope my reading of the regs is correct - I'm not putting your statement down, merely stating my understanding of the rules - and I'm willing to be corrected by anyone in the know (if there is anyone in the know!)

I don't disagree with your reading of the rules -- but they seem to contradict each other.

16.2.6.1 says one thing, 16.2.7 the other. Who knows?

It has been stated that only 2017 meetings will be included in new averages with all riders getting a new figure after 4 home 4 away.

There will no longer be just the last 20 included (once that figure is reached) in the new rolling average.

Hopefully by then Bridger will be making starts, Berge will be giving the kind of performances we have seen in the past and Carr will have sorted out his engines. I still think Berwick have a capable team on paper, yes I know nothing is won on paper, but if this team can perform as they should then we could still have a decent season. Current results continue of course then the date we can start to make changes cant come quick enough.

Perhaps someone could explain "sorting out engines".

Thus Skornicki now nearly ready to drop down...maybe not...

Skornicki has been released by Wolves and his former club are looking to get him fixed up with Championship club.

Skornicki has been released by Wolves and his former club are looking to get him fixed up with Championship club.

Released because of poor scoring and by the sounds of it is running a GTR he cant get working for him. Not exactly what Berwick need surely!

• Like 1

Released because of poor scoring and by the sounds of it is running a GTR he cant get working for him. Not exactly what Berwick need surely!

It's not a GTR it's a new prototype from a former BMW employee. Ryan Blacklock passed him at Shielfield in the 50th season meeting so I'm sure we won't be getting him...
  • Like 1