British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

That was the opening night. Big crowd, programmes sold out. So there should be a few around in various attics.

Define "top money"?

Yes it was. my programme collection from 1928 onwards is just short of 23000!

That was the opening night. Big crowd, programmes sold out. So there should be a few around in various attics.

Define "top money"?

Does it really need to be about the money though, here we have a fellow poster one programme away from completing his collection of programmes from the Berrington Lough days, wouldnt it be great to help him out. If you have, or know someone who has this programme I`m sure you can come to some arrangement.

• Like 6

Seems like the supporters bus is running again.

I'm not sure it is. I'm hearing a few have dropped out. Some due to being totally p*ssed off with the BSPA, but the majority due to hearing the rumoured Bandits line up of Doolan, Howe, Gappmaier, Etheridge

I'm not sure it is. I'm hearing a few have dropped out. Some due to being totally p*ssed off with the BSPA, but the majority due to hearing the rumoured Bandits line up of Doolan, Howe, Gappmaier, Etheridge

I take it Morris will be in Poland and Jacobsen signed to late. If that is the team we will go in with no reserve. :blink:

Heard the same rumour last night, that both riders had arranged to ride in Poland after hearing Berwick had originally been left out of the meeting. NBJ definitely out now with injury.

Heard the same rumour last night, that both riders had arranged to ride in Poland after hearing Berwick had originally been left out of the meeting. NBJ definitely out now with injury.

Imagine Berwick will only have 4 guys there Doolan Howe Gappmaier Etheridge They only got 5 fit riders inc Morris who no doubt had already got himself set for Poland given the hoo ha last week

Looks like Berwick`s attempt to sign an injury replacement for Nicolaj Busk Jacobsen has been blocked by the BSPA and the Bandits have been forced to go with R/R for the rest of the season.

Looks like Berwick`s attempt to sign an injury replacement for Nicolaj Busk Jacobsen has been blocked by the BSPA and the Bandits have been forced to go with R/R for the rest of the season.

Just don't get it with the stupid farcical rules in this sport , I mean come on let teams sign injury replacements, for the love of god !

• Like 2

Just don't get it with the stupid farcical rules in this sport , I mean come on let teams sign injury replacements, for the love of god !

Would the promoters vote for this rule at the conference last year.If so,they only have themselves to blame.However it's a different story if the rule was brought in just by the usual mismanagement board.

Would the promoters vote for this rule at the conference last year.If so,they only have themselves to blame.However it's a different story if the rule was brought in just by the usual mismanagement board.

Would love for someone at BSPA towers to come out and explain why a club , who has suffered a horrendous season with injuries , when they try to sign yet another injury replacement - it isn't in the best interests of the sport .

More chance of me waking up beside Kylie Minogue tomorrow morning than that happening right enough .

You wonder how they manage to dress themselves in the morning , never mind run the sport .

• Like 5