British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Wolverhampton. El Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg 21/9/16

Track will be smooth and slick with the possibility of a late shower.

With the changes in riding order and Antonio only arriving in the country this afternoon I have a slight feeling of foreboding but I anticipate only a close win for Poole - 49-41 will be the best they can hope for - even with Hans in the pits supporting the boys..

Usual admission prices and gates open 30 minutes earlier at 6pm. Should be a good'un!! May the best team win and meet Belle Vue in the final.

Edited by Skidder1

I see in the paper Middlo is concerned about Bucko not pulling out all the stops and Antonio's lack of practice at Poole. I don't see that Buczkowski isn't pulling out all the stops, i think it is a lack of confidence and appears to be riding a bit narrow and not round the boards like he used to. His problem has generally been he isn't a gater and quite often has to do it the hard way which if your not at your confident best is difficult but hopefully will get it all together tonight.

As for Lindback i think as a experienced rider he should be fine, perhaps he could have a chat with his old mentor Tony Rickardsson for advice but he will certainly want to perform well after all the hype.

A few years ago there was this site where you could print a speedway programme off and the riders heats were squares with the colours of helmets they were in. Has anyone got this programme template please I need it for the playoffs. Thanks

This one?

http://www.speedwayplus.com/generators.shtml

Gavan has officially left the forum. Have you not seen Shovlar's childish 'victory' post? Vey sad.

No I haven't either. Can you point me to it?

Gavans departure was completely self inflicted and the forum is a far better place already for the major majority of posters on here sick to death of his bile.

He completely lost it and was told by numerous people to calm himself down. His rants were out of control. I just ignored and blocked him. Seems now that you are trying to take over the Gavan mantle mentioning me in virtually every post you make. Are you sure you are not Gavan in dusguise?

Anyway enough replying to your condescending batherings. I will walk around the first and second bend tonight and look out for you. Happy to introduce myself.

As for the meeting, weathers Ok so all systems go. Let the best team win and lets hope for a racing classic.

Hoping for a wolves win overall ,about time the Pirates were put to the sword .

Hopefully we don't have too many tapes offences or the commentary team will overheat.

I bet Kyle Newman does ever so well again, for Wolves I reckon Masters will have a good night.

Main thing is as ever good racing and no crashes.

• Like 1

Strange as at no point did I say Ford preferred Tungate over any of your side the comment I made was rather tongue in cheek considering the fact he had already declared Hans out for the season ( which of course became fact) without HA's confirmation

I don't think anyone declared Hans unfit until it was confirmed that Hans wouldn't be able to take his place in the Euro championship and Hans confirmed he was out for season. What was said was it was likely Hans would be out for the season which was fair comment considering the hand had to be operated on.

Getting your excuses in early! No rain forecast today may have a shower over the weekend but shouldnt be much hopefully.

Just stating historical fact FB and trying to suss out what could be the deciding factor :D

If one away team doesn't need to use one then it's all over red rover I suspect.

Any Poole lead in single digits would be nice but can't see it somehow :neutral::P

Edited by Wolfsbane

I don't think anyone declared Hans unfit until it was confirmed that Hans wouldn't be able to take his place in the Euro championship and Hans confirmed he was out for season. What was said was it was likely Hans would be out for the season which was fair comment considering the hand had to be operated on.

Fair enough good to debate looking forward to a good tie overall have a good night
  • Like 1

Track should be decent as has been showery on Mon and Tues and possibly today.

Track should be decent? Well that will make a change

tracks been excellant lately,some great racing even though the final results havent suggested that,one sided scorelines but close racing

No I haven't either. Can you point me to it?

Gavans departure was completely self inflicted and the forum is a far better place already for the major majority of posters on here sick to death of his bile.

He completely lost it and was told by numerous people to calm himself down. His rants were out of control. I just ignored and blocked him. Seems now that you are trying to take over the Gavan mantle mentioning me in virtually every post you make. Are you sure you are not Gavan in dusguise?

Anyway enough replying to your condescending batherings. I will walk around the first and second bend tonight and look out for you. Happy to introduce myself.

As for the meeting, weathers Ok so all systems go. Let the best team win and lets hope for a racing classic.

I generally respond to you as you continually mention me and jump on my posts. I see you're still talking for the forum (as opposed to all Poole fans which makes a change), are you a control freak?

And in your 'victory' post you called him a pillock! So I stand by what I said.

Oh and I feel very honoured with your continual hunt for me so can't wait for you to wander past not knowing who the chuff I am...however it's a bit unhealthy for a grown man don't you think?!

• Like 2

Would it possible for the continual slagging off, abuse, name calling and twit-for-tat personal remarks to be made through PM's please ?

The constant hijacking of threads by a few is becoming SO tiresome.

Back on topic, here's a plea for Chris Gay to pop along to Peter Adams and Neil Middleditch with a copy of the regulations chapters 10 (bike standards), 12 (rider standards) and 15 (racing rules), and let them know that these are the rules we will be applying tonight. These are the ones that apply most generally to most meetings.

No if's, No but's, No grey areas, No "discretion" - if a rider moves, he is warned, if he does it again he is out - simple.

That way, we all know where we stand and can get on with racing.

(I suspect Neil is already briefed, after all Matt "knows all the rules" doesn't he)

Edited by woofers
  • Like 2

Sorry if already asked, but not read all this thread. I haven't got SS4 so do you think cric free will be streaming these meetings tonight please?

Sorry if already asked, but not read all this thread. I haven't got SS4 so do you think cric free will be streaming these meetings tonight please?

UKTV on Kodi should have coverage

• Like 1

If you have an Android device then Mobdro is an excellent app to get to watch live sport.

As for the meeting, I think Wolves will keep it close enough for Poole to be worried for the 2nd leg. 50-40.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2