British Speedway Forum

What scope are Swindon going to have for a rebuild?

Does the points limit drop?

Morris and Doyle probably should've chucked heats 13 and 15 to get their Aves down, given that they're likely to be the only two that stay in the team, and there was little need to limit Vue to 3 points as they're nailed on for the Playoffs anyway.

The point limit drops to 42pts for making team changes so a lot of points would need to be dropped Edited by mdmc82

Not terrible as only being honest as I can't see this team winning a meeting anytime soon as it is just to weak.

I will continue to follow as I have for over 40 years but am amazed at just how bad the standard of riders have got.

So who do you lay the blame with ?

As ever, the BSPA for serving up yet another piss poor, further diluted product. Hamper any team that has any sort of top quality rider in it...give them an average that they can't possibly attain. Fantastic stuff.

Rosco sounded a very jaded man when asked about the winter changes before the meeting tonight. Can't blame him. Time and again he's tried to build a strong team using established riders along with the odd gem, only to be cut down by the annual rearranging of the deck chairs/BSPA winter conference.

As I've said. It's barely a credible competition these days, the league. It's got more like an exhibition, like wrestling, only speedway somehow makes itself look more stupid than that at times.

• Like 2

Not how swindon can blame the rules ..there the same for everyone. We just a put a poor side together .are hope is after a while we can make charges to stop us coming bottom

• Like 1

Not terrible as only being honest as I can't see this team winning a meeting anytime soon as it is just to weak.

I will continue to follow as I have for over 40 years but am amazed at just how bad the standard of riders have got.

hh

Surely this side is better than say the 83 robins side?

As ever, the BSPA for serving up yet another piss poor, further diluted product. Hamper any team that has any sort of top quality rider in it...give them an average that they can't possibly attain. Fantastic stuff.

Rosco sounded a very jaded man when asked about the winter changes before the meeting tonight. Can't blame him. Time and again he's tried to build a strong team using established riders along with the odd gem, only to be cut down by the annual rearranging of the deck chairs/BSPA winter conference.

As I've said. It's barely a credible competition these days, the league. It's got more like an exhibition, like wrestling, only speedway somehow makes itself look more stupid than that at times.

At least with wrestling it doesn't try to claim to be something it's not

Perhaps Adam will be cut some slack now.......So under the new rules we can only use R/R or sign a British replacement.....the regulators of our league sure do know how to mess it up....

• Like 1

Don't panic CR. The team that started the season will not be the team to finish it - it's all part of Rosco's master plan. The teams that ride against us in the first month must be happy - keep the faith :wink:

If we can beat Poole I will be happy :party:

• Like 1

Perhaps Adam will be cut some slack now.......So under the new rules we can only use R/R or sign a British replacement.....the regulators of our league sure do know how to mess it up....

Why as he must have hurt himself in his last ride & was very poor in his first 3?.

Unless he hurt himself when coming off on the back straight in a re-run heat?.

I'm certainly confident that when he returns he will be better than last night.

Get well soon Adam.

Edited by Crazy robin

He done the injury when he came off in his final ride. He went back on his first bike which had a bent frame from the back straight incident This caused his crash in his last ride when he then broke his scaphoid.

A night to forget & certainly some slack should be shown his way IMO.

Why as he must have hurt himself in his last ride & was very poor in his first 3?.

Unless he hurt himself when coming off on the back straight in a re-run heat?.

I'm certainly confident that when he returns he will be better than last night.

Get well soon Adam.

Edited by hyabb17

The 1975 team was weak as well.

The 1975 team would win this league pretty much ubchallenged.

The point limit drops to 42pts for making team changes so a lot of points would need to be dropped

Colin Pratt stated in last week's Speedway Star that the revised team limit had not yet been set!! One member of the BSPA has been tasked with coming up with a revised figure - based on teams' performances through to end April.

Edited by Skidder1

Colin Pratt stated in last week's Speedway Star that the revised team limit had not yet been set!! One member of the BSPA has been tasked with coming up with a revised figure - based on teams' performances through to end April.

What do they think will happen? Will all the teams be below 42 or something?

Team performances are irrelevant.