British Speedway Forum

Are Swindon purposely going against the Matt Ford grain? :lol:

12+ heatleader & an "unemployable" Adam Ellis.

Personally Swindon are building the right way IMO and I'm chuffed Ellis hasn't been left on the scrap heap as he's a real racer. Has the right manager behind him too to help push on for a GB World Cup spot

Edited by Danny Smith
  • Like 2

Are Swindon purposely going against the Matt Ford grain? :lol:

12+ heatleader & an "unemployable" Adam Ellis.

Personally Swindon are building the right way IMO and I'm chuffed Ellis hasn't been left on the scrap heap as he's a real racer. Has the right manager behind him too to help push on for a GB World Cup spot

I am a Poole fan but I have a lot of love for Swindon. As our local rivals for a very long time I've made many a visit to Swindon and enjoyed every one of them, even when we've not been winning. IMO however, a team that has spent nearly half it's points allowance on just 2 riders, with an average of just 5.75 to fill the remaining 5 places, is not a good looking contender. And as a man with many trophies under his belt, I am sure this is why Matt Ford had to make the decision not to sign them.

Assuming the rules haven't changed (and I know that is a huge assumption) will Ellis receive a 2.5% reduction having ridden in the NL?

Glad he's got a place, was excellent for my team, Eastbourne last season. Good attitude too, think he'll do well.

Assuming the rules haven't changed (and I know that is a huge assumption) will Ellis receive a 2.5% reduction having ridden in the NL?

No, only gets that for the 1st 3 years riding outside the NL

Good signing for the Robins, i sincerely hope he has a great season,don't know why he isn't at Poole, his average isn't that high for his ability and plenty of improvement left to come.

• Like 1

I am a Poole fan but I have a lot of love for Swindon. As our local rivals for a very long time I've made many a visit to Swindon and enjoyed every one of them, even when we've not been winning. IMO however, a team that has spent nearly half it's points allowance on just 2 riders, with an average of just 5.75 to fill the remaining 5 places, is not a good looking contender. And as a man with many trophies under his belt, I am sure this is why Matt Ford had to make the decision not to sign them.

and after 6 home 6 away Doyle's Ellis average will drop and then make a team change

Would have preferred him riding for Poole though.

You appear in the minority of Poole fans who feel you can get a better rider for the points available.

Absolutely delighted for Adam who deserves a place in the top flight after being the dominant Poole EDR rider all season.

The kid is clearly kicking his career and I'm a little disappointed he hasn't joined Wolves.

Looking forward to watching his career develop at a club that will look after him one hopes for a change!

• Like 1

and after 6 home 6 away Doyle's Ellis average will drop and then make a team change

That is all very well but from reports in the Adver it is possible we will not have any home meetings till June which leaves it a bit of a long time to wait to make any changes.

Yeah for sure , Hansen a good prospect what would he come in on? Ellis also wink wink

Good hint shocks.

The team managers will have to think a lot more this year with these screwed up averages. There could be some interesting scores for the first couple of months.

You know how Poole have been winning for years and years too? Is that why you like hanging out on the Poole thread so much? :lol:

I'd love to see this mythical sport you speak of where all the teams sacrifice winning in exchange for holding hands and cuddling each other for years to come. It's a sport mate, a competition.

You clearly cannot go 2 or 3 posts without insulting Poole in some way. I cannot imagine how sad, pathetic and depressing my life would be if I had spent many of life's precious hours getting upset over a club hundreds of miles away. You're like that jealous ex that can't let go.

This is the Swindon thread am i ok commenting on this?

Ah your one of those Poole fans who dont seem to like it when people have a different opinion on your team.

In my opinion Poole should have used Holder and Ellis

So will the 50 point mark and it hasn't yet been decided what the new figure will be.

• Like 1

It's a decent signing, although rules out Bomber Harris who I was hoping for. Looks like Nick Morris as second heatleader now.

Adam's average seems high, but when you think that Charles Wright is on six and a half and Stefan Nielsen on five and a half it seems about right. It just takes a bit of getting used to being on PL equivilant figures.

Doyle

Porsing

Ellis

Busk Jacobsen

Morris

Grondal (Branford or Campton)

2.31 NL rider

Poor signing on that average ...the horse has already bolted

At least we are building top down. I can see some very poor riders making up the numbers next year's league, so it isn't a huge problem bring top heavy.