British Speedway Forum

What are swindon fans thinking:

Doyle Ellis morris sedge batch 2pter x 2?

Doyle starke morris Ellis buzz 2pter X2?

Both would be competitive I reckon.

Or josh g rather than buzz more realistic?

Nielsen on a 5.5, especially in the main body, would be wasted points imo.

Who are these 2-pointers?

I think we'd be better off sacrificing a rider in the main body in order to allow us two stronger reserves.

The new (old) heat format favours strength in depth, so we can't afford to give away too much at reserve.

• Like 1

I think the opposite i think we need a decent top five and if we can get a 2 pointer improver all the better.I except Nielsen will get a place but i will be very worried if he is in a top 5 and even at reserve i would prefer someone else.Howarth, Wright,Auty,Kerr,would all get the nod over Nielsen for me the thing is we more or likely we wont have the points left to fit any of them in.

Where are the 2pters? Where have they come from? Is there a list of them? We all know that reserves all too often win the meetings so why would you want a couple of 2pters going up against teams that will have solid reserves?

Where are the 2pters? Where have they come from? Is there a list of them? We all know that reserves all too often win the meetings so why would you want a couple of 2pters going up against teams that will have solid reserves?

because I would suggest someone like nielsen on a 5.5 or Williamson on a 3.8 is going to lose proportionately more of their average than a 2 pointer will.

If you look at the 2016 edr, of those with averages under 6 points there is arguably only lambert, bates, rose and clegg who seem to represent good value compared to a 2 pointer who will likely average maybe 1.5.

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 2

because I would suggest someone like nielsen on a 5.5 or Williamson on a 3.8 is going to lose proportionately more of their average than a 2 pointer will.

If you look at the 2016 edr, of those with averages under 6 points there is arguably only lambert, bates, rose and clegg who seem to represent good value compared to a 2 pointer who will likely average maybe 1.5.

This is the extract from the BSPA statement:

The only difference in team building rules between the leagues is that Championship clubs must include a British youngster with a three-point average.

And in a bid to help young riders get team spots, any rider who hasn’t achieved a three-point average will come in on a minimum of 2.

From that I cannot tell if the '2 point ' rule applies soley to the Championship or both leagues.

• Like 1

This is the extract from the BSPA statement:

The only difference in team building rules between the leagues is that Championship clubs must include a British youngster with a three-point average.

And in a bid to help young riders get team spots, any rider who hasnt achieved a three-point average will come in on a minimum of 2.

From that I cannot tell if the '2 point ' rule applies soley to the Championship or both leagues.

They clarified it on twitter that it's for both leagues.

• Like 1

Swindon has just been awarded the World Under 21 Championship Final First leg on July 23rd.

The bspa report states it will be held in the new stadium, hope it is finished by then haha.

It is a shame the max capacity of the new stadium is lower than the current track.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Who are these 2-pointers?

I think we'd be better off sacrificing a rider in the main body in order to allow us two stronger reserves.

The new (old) heat format favours strength in depth, so we can't afford to give away too much at reserve.

You need to embrace the NL, Matt! At least ten good up and coming two pointers.

Swindon has just been awarded the World Under 21 Championship Final 1 on July 23rd.

It has not stated if it will be in the new stadium or the old one, haha.

What will the capacity crowd be 1000?😀 Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Swindon has just been awarded the World Under 21 Championship Final Fist leg on July 23rd.

The bspa report states it will be held in the new stadium, hope it is finished by then haha.

It is a shame the max capacity of the new stadium is lower than the current track.

What the report also states is that this date is the day after the Cardiff GP, so it could be a good weekend of speedway.

Swindon has just been awarded the World Under 21 Championship Final Fist leg on July 23rd.

Could affect the attendance somewhat I guess?! :t::shock:

There going to need a ring rather than a track!

Have corrected post.

This meeting could test the parking plans.

Edited by A ORLOV