British Speedway Forum

Question for all the Swindon fans. If you take out Jason Doyle and put in a 3.00 reserve you have a Championship team.

Wouldn't it be possible to run in both leagues with six of the seven riders in both teams giving you 16 Premiership meetings and 16 Championship meetings often run on two different nights but mainly one meeting a week.

Obviously riders wouldn't be riding elsewhere

Question for all the Swindon fans. If you take out Jason Doyle and put in a 3.00 reserve you have a Championship team.

Wouldn't it be possible to run in both leagues with six of the seven riders in both teams giving you 16 Premiership meetings and 16 Championship meetings often run on two different nights but mainly one meeting a week.

I mentioned that a while ago. It was pointed out to me that the maximun doubling up maximum of 2 riders per side would prevent it.

No difference from last season in regards to our team & we almost made the playoffs. With the new league as it is I don't see a major problem.

Great idea except for the fact that you'd have to fit in 32 away fixtures also

The league fixture programme consists of about 26 weeks (taking out World Cup week to)

I can't see that many fans turning out to watch a weakened Premiership team week-in, week-out, let alone watching an even weaker Championship team for just a few quid less.

I was under the impression that no promoter could have both a PL and CL team, plus as other have said the limit on only two d/u from the same team causes an issue.

This is a shame as actually having a team in both leagues, with riders moving up, is a good idea.

I still wait to see if we will have a NL team next year.

If they were allowed to ride in both leagues then the top league (Premiership) would only be one home one away so that takes it to 8 Premiership home meetings and 18 Championship home meetings.

This would then give more chance for a few of the big names to return for just 16 fixtures especially if they are on a set night for Sky on Mondays or Wednesday or Thursday at other times.

As for the crowds, they would still be wearing that teams colours and with five or six riders involved in both teams they should get a decent crowd plus they will get fans from tracks that don't usually ride there. Yes there would be a price difference but looking at the leagues over the last few years, there has been just a few pounds difference any way despite vast difference in wages.

Certainly a better way forward as there would be no doubling up clashes so you wouldn't be missing riders at key meetings.

Wilson Dean in for the Dane

Is that a guess or info you have seen ?

Is that a guess or info you have seen ?

Just heard at the supporters club quiz night from Mr Bowden himself! Stitched up yet again by the BSPA.

• Like 1

So Swindon have used the wrong average for their new Dane then? Certainly what I'm hearing. Anyone else heard anything?

I questioned this when it was first announced as they had little over five points left and bought in a new rider from abroad. Even if he was bought in last year as a 4.00 or a 5.00 then that would be multiplied by 1.4 so would be higher than what they had left.

If so, we'll take Bradley Wilson-Dean & have priority over Boro.

Not sure who owns him but don't think Peterborough would be too happy to suddenly find their new signing will be missing a certain amount of matches and if he is still a Eastbourne asset, then it should be who signed him first has priority in my opinion.

Not sure who owns him but don't think Peterborough would be too happy to suddenly find their new signing will be missing a certain amount of matches and if he is still a Eastbourne asset, then it should be who signed him first has priority in my opinion.

BWD can't be an Eastbourne asset as NL clubs can't own assets .

BWD can't be an Eastbourne asset as NL clubs can't own assets .

Somerset

Common sense prevails, should never have been a five in the first place.

• Like 4