British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

Why is it Sheffield Speedway do not offer concessions to Students? Two major universities and many colleges and you expect them to pay full adult price, defo missing a trick here- and yes I do have a daughter at University of Sheffield and resent paying on top of her fees , loans, housing etc that I already pay to the Sheffield economy. :mad:

They used to until I would guess early 2000's, but seem to remember talking to Louis Carr about it when they stopped it and it was a case of the club wasn't getting anything in return in terms of advertising or something along those lines (it's all a very long time ago!!). It might be something worth raising as Mr Bates & co seem to be a bit more progressive and willing to try things to boost attendances so they might want to re-visit it

Why is it Sheffield Speedway do not offer concessions to Students? Two major universities and many colleges and you expect them to pay full adult price, defo missing a trick here- and yes I do have a daughter at University of Sheffield and resent paying on top of her fees , loans, housing etc that I already pay to the Sheffield economy. :mad:

Heard it on the grapevine that all the pubs up West Street put together a petition to STOP Sheffield offering student concessions because it would cost them too much in lost trade on a Thursday night.

(Only joking!) ;)

• Like 1

Probably open to abuse.

Tap into potentially 50000 plus students and Sheffield Speedway could make loads of money, just on bars and food. With a new intake every year a potential goldmine with a few flyers spread around campus. If Scorpions can manage to give Student concessions why can't others? It only needs Student union card id , much the same as the OAP scheme concession.

Tap into potentially 50000 plus students and Sheffield Speedway could make loads of money, just on bars and food. With a new intake every year a potential goldmine with a few flyers spread around campus. If Scorpions can manage to give Student concessions why can't others? It only needs Student union card id , much the same as the OAP scheme concession.

Bar and food money nothing to do with the speedway.

Don't start me on scorps charges, quid for an excuse of a program, charging an extra two quid for a second half junior meeting that most people don't want to watch.

Stinking toilets,,,,,,,

Need I go on??

Jack Smith for Sheffield,David Wallinger for Scunny.

Tigers also have Josh Pickering at number 6 as Rob Branford is at Swindon with Rye House.

Bar and food money nothing to do with the speedway.

Don't start me on scorps charges, quid for an excuse of a program, charging an extra two quid for a second half junior meeting that most people don't want to watch.

Stinking toilets,,,,,,,

Need I go on??

A little harsh no? £1 for a colour printed race card to fill in and a bit of news, plus advertisement. What more do you want for a quid?!

They don't charge £2 for second halves, it's when it may be a youth championship or another big event, they never charge extra for meaningless second halves.

Toilets.. Use the toilets near the entrance, much nicer.

Problem solved!

• Like 2

A little harsh no? £1 for a colour printed race card to fill in and a bit of news, plus advertisement. What more do you want for a quid?!

They don't charge £2 for second halves, it's when it may be a youth championship or another big event, they never charge extra for meaningless second halves.

Problem solved!

Actually, per the website it is £2.00 more when it is a championship, national league double header. Most of the double header's do not involve National League teams, as they did in the past. Probably still not too bad value for the extra £2.00 if you are staying, but if not, increased admission, for nothing extra.

I believe that the concession for students (£10) was applicable up to 2014 and was stopped the second year of the Bates/Mole promotion.

Problem solved!

Programs a joke.

Run the Junior meetings first and see how many turn up and pay 2 quid extra!

Bogs next to entrance are the ones I'm referring to,, wouldn't let a dog crap in the others.

Concessions for students were being seriously abused, so they were scrapped.

Here's to hoping Shanes signs this week, he is an absolute steal on a 2.00 average and could probably be the ingredient the team is missing to push on and win some silverware.

He was quality today at Peterborough and deserved even more points for his efforts.

• Like 1

Here's to hoping Shanes signs this week, he is an absolute steal on a 2.00 average and could probably be the ingredient the team is missing to push on and win some silverware.

He was quality today at Peterborough and deserved even more points for his efforts.

Have to agree let JPB concentrate on rack up the points and captaining Birmingham in the National league for this season plenty of time for him to come back in the future.

Shanes is someone who is capable of doubling a 2 point average.

Any news on the team line ups for Thursdays' meeting? Would love to hear that James Shanes had been signed for the remainder of the season. Made all the difference at Peterborough on Sunday.

Any news on the team line ups for Thursdays' meeting? Would love to hear that James Shanes had been signed for the remainder of the season. Made all the difference at Peterborough on Sunday.

Got to agree that Shane's would give Sheffield a chance of a title. Sadly super star JPB not.