British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

Glad in a way, as always best remember a rider when there still near the top etc

• Like 4

Steady retiring from racing: Happy retirement Steady you've been an absolute legend at Sheffield

http://www.sheffieldspeedway.co/news.php?extend.2224

A right decision to go out on top. A great servant of the sport who will be remembered as an Owlerton legend. What's more, many young riders (e.g. Josh Bates) have benefited from his influence and are much improved as a result.

• Like 3

Steady retiring from racing: Happy retirement Steady you've been an absolute legend at Sheffield

http://www.sheffieldspeedway.co/news.php?extend.2224

Sad news but not unexpected, he has suffered 3 bad injuries since his return to Sheffield, and the body can only take so much.

Hopefully the club can offer him a non riding role and maybe we could see him doing more work for SKY Sports as I think he is natural.

Good rider and great guy Happy Retirement Steady.

All the best Steady, you are a Sheffield legend.

So now down to the final 2 riders, get this right and we are seriously up there.

Does anyone think we could still sign Brady Kurtz or Jack holder ? Or both if fit with the point limit ?

So now down to the final 2 riders, get this right and we are seriously up there.

Does anyone think we could still sign Brady Kurtz or Jack holder ? Or both if fit with the point limit ?

Your avin a laugh... :rofl:

You'd be about 4 points over, it would just fit under a 45 point limit

Stead can look back on a very satisfying career, certainly one of the PL`s best, injuries held him back to maybe achieve even more than he did, and a nice guy to boot.

Happy retirement Steady.

• Like 2

One of the best full stop not just in the Premier league.

Happy retirement and hope he enjoys whatever he chooses to do

• Like 1

I'm starting to feel old now! I actually remember Steady starting his career so for him to now be retiring suggests I'm getting on a bit now!

A right decision to go out on top. A great servant of the sport who will be remembered as an Owlerton legend. What's more, many young riders (e.g. Josh Bates) have benefited from his influence and are much improved as a result.

Top post!!!!

* the reason he was sacked ??????

As I remember Adam had 'indifferent start' to the season, Ty Proctor was spannering for Josh Bates and the Bates clan decided to sack Adam and bring in Proctor. Bit of a same as, same as change really. Adam took it on the chin publicly, but privately was quite upset - to put it mildly!

When Steady was in his prime, what a rider he was. Watching him and Andre Compton belting round the boards throttle open all the way, what a sight. You don't see that anymore. So thanks for the memories and have a great retirement. Once a Tiger always a Tiger.

who does everyone think the final 2 will be ?

Well I believe one will be Rob Branford, the other perm any one from about 4!