British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

The kids club needs to be a better offer we have joined ever yearbut with prices been kids for a quid and then kids go free in school holidays the kids club was more expensive than paying on door and was told kids can't go on centre green because of health and safety but for weeks after kids were on centre green with different parties and it was so unfair on my kids because that was all they wanted to do but was told they couldn't i realy wanted to ask why but was too mad i wanted someone to explane to my kids

Well that's Christmas done and dusted for another year. The countdown can now begin - only another 11 blank Thursdays before we see some action.

Anyone got a view on who should be appointed captain this year? My vote would go for Kyle (the responsibility of leadership may bring out the best in him). Opposing views anyone?

The kids club needs to be a better offer we have joined ever yearbut with prices been kids for a quid and then kids go free in school holidays the kids club was more expensive than paying on door and was told kids can't go on centre green because of health and safety but for weeks after kids were on centre green with different parties and it was so unfair on my kids because that was all they wanted to do but was told they couldn't i realy wanted to ask why but was too mad i wanted someone to explane to my kids

That's very disappointing to hear, especially since a turn on the centre green was listed as one of the benefits of joining the kids club. My guess is that the top brass are unaware of this edict and some jobsworth on the pit gate has made up the rules to suit his own convenience.

The Sheffield management has built its reputation on fairness and I reckon if you write to Damian Bates c/o Owlerton Stadium the situation will be summarily remedied. If not, you'll know to keep your money in your pocket.

• Like 2

I think Todd Kurtz should be captain as all the others will be distracted riding for their other clubs.

I think Todd Kurtz should be captain as all the others will be distracted riding for their other clubs.

But he's one of the two Sheffield riders who (it is alleged on this forum) lost races to "manipulate" their average downwards at the back end of 2016 in order to secure a better berth in 2017. I would suggest these are not the actions of a good team man. Kyle Howarth, on the other hand, rode out of his skin to heroically win the EL play-off final for Wolverhampton. That's the kind of spirit I hope to see displayed by the Tigers in 2017 and I would suggest that Kyle is the man to lead by example.

• Like 3

not a bad reason

but is he respected enough

is this the same kyle howarth that couldnt be bothered to turn up for the end of season doo a while ago and rode like a pure dooosh bag cos he could not be bothered. some captn he may turn out to be . but he may have changed .

is this the same kyle howarth that couldnt be bothered to turn up for the end of season doo a while ago and rode like a pure dooosh bag cos he could not be bothered. some captn he may turn out to be . but he may have changed .

He's certainly upped his game since he left Workington and like I said some time ago perhaps he needed the change to refresh his career.

Does a captain really make that much of a difference.

Your memory is slipping. As well as dominating his team's performance in the first leg of the 2016 EL Grand Final (scoring 12 + 2), he also scored the bulk of the points that got Sheffield through the play-off quarter final against Newcastle (10 and 15 + 1) and semi final against Glasgow (14 + 1 and 9 + 2). He also scored 13 and 9 in Sheffield's losing final against Somerset.

I'd say he's a team man through and through. A dooosh bag? I'd settle for a team full of dooosh bags if they all showed that level of commitment.

• Like 2

Redcar had Lasse as Captain, look how well that one turned out, Joshy G will be your best bet as Captain

a good captin can make a difference

but only if the rest of the team are willing

if the captin isnt self centered and can get all the others working together then thats his job done

but so many only want the track preped for them and wont or can not help the ones who are struggling

Josh G was the captain of Somerset last season and did not do a bad job of it.

He would get my vote as captain, failing that I would hand it to Kyle.