British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

The other day Steady said we would be having a few practices before the first meeting so hopefully we will be ready.Cant see Ipswich getting fully up to speed after a couple of practices and having too much advantage I think they will be better prepared after a few proper race meetings.Practicing and racing is completely different.We ve been to new tracks before for first meetings and had some wins and good performances and with this years side I think we can make a good account of ourselves.Lets hope we get off to a good start and stay injury free.

Should be a challenge meeting arranged now between Sheffield and Leicester after the latest announcement!

STAARS - Thursday 9th February 2017

All Tigers Fans,

The next of the monthly STAARS gatherings this closed season will be Thursday 9th February 2017 at the New Barrack Tavern Pub on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5 mile south of Owlerton Stadium) from 7:30pm.

As always it's a chance for Tigers fans, riders and management to catch up, have a chat and a few drinks from the NBT's excellent selection and hear any news/updates from the club during the silly season.

All are welcome !!!

• Like 1

I have to say that every time Boocock gets involved with Sheffield he upsets riders and the track gets slick, hopefully with him gone next season we can get back to normal

As I've said before on this forum, who says Boocock's gone? See today's announcement: "Sheffield is a very well run club now. I have good people working alongside me in Julie Reading, Pete Mole, Marc Bates and of course Eric Boocock and it's great to have Simon Stead on board as team manager."

Thoughts, anyone?

As I've said before on this forum, who says Boocock's gone? See today's announcement: "Sheffield is a very well run club now. I have good people working alongside me in Julie Reading, Pete Mole, Marc Bates and of course Eric Boocock and it's great to have Simon Stead on board as team manager."

Thoughts, anyone?

Make him the Leicester Team Manager.

Hopefully

Please.

• Like 5

Make him the Leicester Team Manager.

Hopefully

Please.

Just said the same in the Leicester thread, please make it happen, get him away from here

He's invested in the club in terms of the track (additional shale), riders, improved the presentation, spent time/money putting the team together.

• Like 1

Can you give us Lions fans who don't know much about Damien Bates an idea of what good or bad changes he has made at Owlerton since he has been involved.

Thanks.

He and his co promoters have given Sheffield what every speedway fan wants for their club, STABILITY. The club wasn't in great shape when he and his co promoters took over and through investment in riders and other areas of the club, fans have returned and we've had competitive teams and been a little unlucky with injuries. Even with injuries Sheffield have always tried to get the best guests available. I'm sure he'll do a good job at Leicester !!!
  • Like 1

Can you give us Lions fans who don't know much about Damien Bates an idea of what good or bad changes he has made at Owlerton since he has been involved.

Thanks.

Young and very ambitious.

I don't think that you will see the best of what he can do this season as the team building has been left too late, judge him next season when he will start on a level playing field.

He is very good at knowing which riders fit into the team and is very good at team building.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like we've landed on our feet.

You are very lucky to have got the right man at the right time. Damian Bates is a breath of fresh air in speedway and I hope that through his involvement in our two clubs his influence can grow with the ruling hierarchy of UK speedway. His energy and ideas could be the saving grace of our great sport.

• Like 3

Damian Bates is a breath of fresh air in speedway and I hope that through his involvement in our two clubs his influence can grow with the ruling hierarchy of UK speedway. His energy and ideas could be the saving grace of our great sport.

Amen to that. Let's all get behind him and help make it happen.....

• Like 1

Just a quick reminder to Tigers fans that we have a STAARS gathering this Thursday. Kyle Howarth, Peter Mole and Julie Reading will be joining us.

STAARS - Thursday 9th February 2017

All Tigers Fans,

The next of the monthly STAARS gatherings this closed season will be Thursday 9th February 2017 at the New Barrack Tavern Pub on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5 mile south of Owlerton Stadium) from 7:30pm.

As always it's a chance for Tigers fans, riders and management to catch up, have a chat and a few drinks from the NBT's excellent selection and hear any news/updates from the club during the silly season.

All are welcome !!!

• Like 1