British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

i can't see any club paying for any rider the way things are, it will be a loan to somebody again

Probably but i think the preference would be a transfer just need to wait and see if anyone is willing to sign him.

Sissis and Parkinson-Blackburn nailed on for reserve berths next season? Id personally give Sissis another season for sure

Sissis and Parkinson-Blackburn nailed on for reserve berths next season? Id personally give Sissis another season for sure

Can't see Arthur riding next year, just a gut feeling !!

Strong suggestions reserves may have to be British - of course you could have JPB + another 3 pointer and then include Sissis - if something was brought in on those lines

Edited by Mad Max

Strong suggestions reserves may have to be British - of course you could have JPB + another 3 pointer and then include Sissis - if something was brought in on those lines

If the product is weakened further with no reduction in entrance fee then that will be me finished

Edited by The Third Man

If the product is weakened further with no reduction in entrance fee then that will be me finished

All depends upon what the points limit, stays at 42.5 then it will make more points for teams top 5.

Many expectations seem to be for a reduction to perhaps 40.

All depends upon what the points limit, stays at 42.5 then it will make more points for teams top 5.

Rather have a team of similar averages than 5 riders head and shoulder's above the other 2

Rather have a team of similar averages than 5 riders head and shoulder's above the other 2

If they do go with 2 British 3 pointers at reserves with a 40 points limit, that would leave 34 points for the top 5.

The average points used by teams at the startof the 2016 comes out at 34.51.

So implementing those new rules would suggest a weakening of the product.

Those riders who have averages of 9 points or more could be forced out of the league due to the decrease while teams try to find a balance for their teams.

Edited by spin king

See Bates has said (according to interview in S'way Star) that they want Howarth and Bates as the first signings for next year. Agree with getting Kyle back as he has shown commitment and improvement throughout the year, but not Josh as I have said before.

Damien Bates stated, "Josh has shown in recent weeks that he's a key asset.....". Well he's one of four Sheffield riders that have survived the full season, but apart from doing well for Somerset whilst guesting against Glasgow, despite his best efforts he hasn't really lit up the track at Owlerton, for me that is.

Last night you couldn't fault him for the effort he put in, but 6 points from 5 rides just isn't 'A key assets contribution'.

Wish the lad well for tonight though and hope he gets an 18 point max to win the play offs for Sheffield. ;)

• Like 1

The first decision for next season needs to be to get rid of Boocock, then start the team with Howarth, and making up with Garrity might be possible if the first decision happens

• Like 1

if there is no steady or jason next year, i would love to see jack holder as a tiger if plymouth do not run, maybe arthur has timed his good form at the right moment, but for me he hasnt pulled no trees up in 2 years and is one of the lowest average number 6`s in the league and bearing in mind he comes up against fellow reserves too, maybe jack smith might be worth considering, especially if we have to go with 2 brits at reserve as has been mooted.

if there is no steady or jason next year, i would love to see jack holder as a tiger if plymouth do not run, maybe arthur has timed his good form at the right moment, but for me he hasnt pulled no trees up in 2 years and is one of the lowest average number 6`s in the league and bearing in mind he comes up against fellow reserves too, maybe jack smith might be worth considering, especially if we have to go with 2 brits at reserve as has been mooted.

Something that our little group discussed last night Jack Holder and we came up with this team.

(1) Kyle Howarth

(2) Dimitri Berge

(3) Todd Kurtz

(4) Stuart Robson (captain)

(5) Jack Holder

(6) Josh Bates

(7) Jack Parkinson Blackburn

Get rid of Boocock and bring back Jack Lee Team Manager and Simon Stead as Coach.

• Like 1

Well it has been publicised that Kyle Howarth and Josh Bates will be offered deals, not so sure about Dimitri, but will be dissapointed if he is not included.

The first decision for next season needs to be to get rid of Boocock, then start the team with Howarth, and making up with Garrity might be possible if the first decision happens

Saw Damien Bates and Jason Garrity talking in the pits after Wednesday nights meeting and Bates body language and facial expressions didn't look promising!