British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Somerset V Glasgow Ko Cup Semi-final 1st Leg, 23 Sep 2016

If I was a Tiger fan I would look on it as a hollow victory, just the four heat winners and one of those was as you say heat 2. Hopefully the dice will roll our

way in the return.

Not hollow at all a win is a win hardly Glasgows fault they can only worry about there job at hand.

But you have to sympathise with the position Somerset were in wish all injured riders from both teams a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

If I was a Tiger fan I would look on it as a hollow victory, just the four heat winners and one of those was as you say heat 2. Hopefully the dice will roll our way in the return.

Hollow victory? Why? No one knows what could of happened if the remaining heats had been run. Injuries are unfortunately part of the sport. No number 8 when running RR isn't a particularly wise move.

• Like 3

The dice rolled your way when you had Bewley at reserve against us in the League fixture

If I was a Tiger fan I would look on it as a hollow victory, just the four heat winners and one of those was as you say heat 2. Hopefully the dice will roll our way in the return.

No it is what it is . Somerset had a bit of bad luck , granted , but that's speedway . Sometimes things go your way , sometimes they don't . The tie is far from over , anything can yet happen .

• Like 3

The dice rolled your way when you had Bewley at reserve against us in the League fixture

How did the dice roll our way, he was eligible and rode well, same as he did for you at Rye House. That is hardly the opposition going down to 4 riders.

Anyway still proud of our top 4 keeping it tight and hope the injured riders are ok but looks like BWD will miss the season with a broken collarbone.

Unfortunate that the start was delayed due to admission issues, Somerset could have then completed 13 and 15 where they looked stronger and maybe they would feel less aggrieved this morning.

• Like 2

Hollow victory? Why? No one knows what could of happened if the remaining heats had been run. Injuries are unfortunately part of the sport. No number 8 when running RR isn't a particularly wise move

Does anyone else get completely hacked off by the continued misuse of the word 'of' instead of have? illustrated perfectly above!

Could HAVE, Should HAVE, Might HAVE

Feeling in grumpy old git mode today!

• Like 5

Does anyone else get completely hacked off by the continued misuse of the word 'of' instead of have? illustrated perfectly above!

No we have better things to do with our time than worry about trivial things like that.

• Like 1

Yes, I do. I also get annoyed by the use of "So" at the beginning of just about every sentence.

I am in a grumpy mood too. No idea why, just woke up like it. My daughter says I am unsociable anyway!

• Like 1

I'm not the best with grammar so don't worry when people get things wrong BUT since your being pedantic you should always start a sentence with a capital and end sentences with a full stop!

How did the dice roll our way, he was eligible and rode well, same as he did for you at Rye House. That is hardly the opposition going down to 4 riders.

Anyway still proud of our top 4 keeping it tight and hope the injured riders are ok but looks like BWD will miss the season with a broken collarbone.

You really don't get it - he scored 13 points, 11 more than when he rode for his own team and 13 more that Zach would have scored; so you got the roll of the dice.

Yes you should be proud of your top 4 and yes hope all riders don't miss any or too many meetings.

• Like 1

Got to feel for the rebels getting all these injuries at the business end of the season.

• Like 2

Got to feel for the rebels getting all these injuries at the business end of the season.

Just came on to say exactly the same thing. You do all the hard work for the last 6 months and have it undone in just a few races

All teams can point to injuries at times during this or any other season part and parcel of speedway as everyone knows teams just get on with it as Somerset will.

• Like 1

But still a victory. It's not our fault that you have a curfew, on the other hand I think that it's unfair if the home team are in front by a couple of points and the meeting is stopped when there's a possibility of the away team picking up match points. :cheers:

• Like 1