British Speedway Forum
Poole Quay 7

Wolverhampton V Poole: El Play-off Semi-final 2nd Leg

You really are very out of touch.

The BSF represents an ever decreasing number of speedway fans. Venture onto social media and you will find a very, very large volume of supporters from all clubs bar Poole who are absolutely sick of the way Ford destroys the sport and would like nothing more to see them beat.

Kevin Keegan speaks for the speedway fans across the country:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXpUdBlRZe8

What about you BWitcher, can you explain why nobody running the sport has any problem with Matt? I mean the promoters don't complain, the board doesn't complain, the sponsors don't complain, the TV coverage doesn't complain, the riders don't complain... Any idea why? Genuine question.

The poster before me just said "The BSPA really need to grow a pair", but it seems to me like they aren't the only ones that need to grow a pair. It seems just about everybody from the top of the sport to the bottom needs to grow a pair, as none of them are complaining. Is there a culture of fear? What do they fear? A bad haircut?

Edited by BurntFaceMan
  • Like 1

Of course Bjarne didn't crash on purpose but it gave him a good cover story. As others have said he was always going to tweak a muscle or summat at some point! It was always going to happen! Now poole can strengthen up big time for tonight and the final should they get there. Hopefully they don't. They deserve nothing. No morals.

LOL, unfortunately for Poole there's many more than that ....

Yes, funnily enough it was on Sky news, the BBC, ITV, Eurosport,most major sports networks and websites, google, yahoo and the bloke down the post office.

oh sorry, no it wasn't. It was still just a few nutters on an obscure website

• Like 1

"but like the rest of the nation" = a few nutters on an internet forum

Nutters or not, the sport cannot afford to,lose any more support. For every fan that walks away it's another few hundred quid that's lost through the turnstiles in a sport that's struggling to pay the bills already.

Whichever way you break it down it's always Poole at the bottom of it. Joe Screens dodgy shoulder injury that stopped him getting a new average so they coukd get Hans Andersen in, then he comes back the next night and gets a 15 point maximum, the dodgy abandoned meetings after 10 heats, THJ, Dakota North, Hans Andersen again, and all the rest, round and round and round it goes, one thing after another year after year, always with Poole at the centre of it.

• Like 2

What about you BWitcher, can you explain why nobody running the sport has any problem with Matt? I mean the promoters don't complain, the board doesn't complain, the sponsors don't complain, the TV coverage doesn't complain, the riders don't complain... Any idea why? Genuine question.

The poster before me just said "The BSPA really need to grow a pair", but it seems to me like they aren't the only ones that need to grow a pair. It seems just about everybody from the top of the sport to the bottom needs to grow a pair, as none of them are complaining. Is there a culture of fear? What do they fear? A bad haircut?

Because it's a little boys club.

A stand was taken in 2010 and look what happened there.

Yes, funnily enough it was on Sky news, the BBC, ITV, Eurosport,most major sports networks and websites, google, yahoo and the bloke down the post office.

Continue to bury your head in the sand and make yourself look a complete fool.

Venture onto social media for a more accurate picture.

Because it's a little boys club.

A stand was taken in 2010 and look what happened there.

Continue to bury your head in the sand and make yourself look a complete fool.

Venture onto social media for a more accurate picture.

But surely there has to be at least a handful of argumentative w@nkers like you and I who have the balls to pipe up and say something? I mean the forum sure has a good few of us with some balls to speak out and stand our ground.

What I'm seeing is a bunch of whiny fans, making generic ambiguous statements about various aspects of the sport, with nothing more than implied general consensus, and a complete lack of protest from the guys at the very top!

Sky, Speedway Star, local rags, sponsors, riders themselves? I don't think the little boys club argument makes any sense at all. There is either a very good reason they are not saying something, or they simply don't have anything to complain about.

Edited by BurntFaceMan
  • Like 1

But surely there has to be at least a handful of argumentative w@nkers like you and I who have the balls to pipe up and say something? I mean the forum sure has a good few of us with some balls to speak out and stand our ground.

What I'm seeing is a bunch of whiny fans, making generic ambiguous statements about various aspects of the sport, with nothing more than implied general consensus, and a complete lack of protest from the guys at the very top!

Sky, Speedway Star, local rags, sponsors, riders themselves? I don't think the little boys club argument makes any sense at all. There is either a very good reason they are not saying something, or they simply don't have anything to complain about.

It's already been explained to you, 2010.

Best of to luck to wolverhampton tonight from every fair minded speedway fan in the land

• Like 7

Poole OS has the Bjarne 'news'. Wolves OS still has Pedersen riding. I would like to think the latter is for another reason but beginning to look like 'can't be arsed' to update it.

It's already been explained to you, 2010.

Again, that's not explaining anything. That's making an ambiguous reference to answer a lot of questions.

Did tungate say last week he was guesting for Poole tonight, as mentioned in earlier post by mdmc82?

This is what I was trying to say earlier but noone is listening or reading it but taking it in.

I heard Tungate said last week he would be guesting for Pedersen as Pedersen and Newman were 50/50 to race 'tonight'.

'Tonight' as in the first leg but Pedersen and Newman were declared fit so Tungate was not needed.

If Pedersen was 50/50 a week ago before the first leg and rode out of sorts in the first leg, he must still not have been 100%.

Then he goes and crashes making himself 20% and unfit.

The only question I have is, was his knee the issue when he was 50/50 which would coincide with this or was it something else which means he could be taking the biscuit.

One of you Poole fans must know?

Or I have totally got the wrong end of the stick and what I heard, read and was told was incorrect.

So has the threatened rain arrived in Wolverhampton? Is it still on tonight or postponed to next Monday when Bjarne will still likely be missing after the scans on his knee today rule him out for the rest of the EL season - assuming there is a 'rest of the season' after the semis.?!

Edited by Skidder1

One of the reasons it wasn't on Sky news, the BBC, ITV, Eurosport, etc. is that the sport lacks credibility - credibility which is dwindling by the day as a consequence of Poole's actions.

The other genunine answer is that knowing Matt Ford and his speedway hindsight and knowledge, surely it would make sense to ring up riders on a Friday like KK, Tungate etc and ask them if they would be available to guest if a Poole rider was injured in the GP, Polish meeting, Testimonial etc at the weekend. If I was a promoter, I would have covered every option beforehand.

This could also be another reason why Kasprzak was not going to guest for Lakeside in the other semi.

That is perfectly plausible.

Whether it's the truth is another matter but Ford is very experienced and shrewd.

Edited by Joe Beevers
  • Like 1

Why dont the mc ir bspa make a stand against Matt Ford if he is so bent and crocked?

Because no rules have been broken.

Why are Poole in the middle of the moans? Because they are the only club to make sure they put themselves in a position of trying to win every time. And as a Poole fan, thank god they do!

If there's an opportunity to win, then win! All this spirit of the rules is bollocks. There's no such thing as spirit of the rules. Is it bad to have a win at all costs mentality? Hell no! It's a sport in it to win it.

A shame there are not Matt Fords in charge of every EL club. The sport would be so much more healthy.

As for tonight, i still think Wolves are favourites to go through with their home track advantage. Lindback and Tungate don't strengthen Poole at all. A shame injuries have yet again blighted our team just when we needed to be at full strength.