British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Hans Back Riding In Poland Today☺

It's been quite clearly explained numerous times.

If this was a legal situation it would be a simple case.

At no stage did Andersen ever say he would be out 'long term'. Indeed he always said he would be back asap.

When Poole made the change it was only allowed for a 'long term' injury. Andersen raced within a week, nullifying their claim.

Poole's change was made under false pretenses, as such was illegal.

Of course the sport will do nothing about it, it never does.

All the rest about being stronger, not stronger, guests etc is irrelevant.

You're right about one thing though, many of us have made fools of ourselves and still do by continuing to support the sport in this country. Unfortunately for the sport, many more have realised what fools they were making of themselves and have abandoned it. This latest episode will have simply added to those numbers.

• Like 2

At no stage did Andersen ever say he would be out 'long term'. Indeed he always said he would be back asap.

When Poole made the change it was only allowed for a 'long term' injury. Andersen raced within a week, nullifying their claim.

You're right about one thing though, many of us have made fools of ourselves and still do by continuing to support the sport in this country. Unfortunately for the sport, many more have realised what fools they were making of themselves and have abandoned it. This latest episode will have simply added to those numbers.

Andersen didn't race within a week. Where have you go that from? He was injured at Leicester on August Bank Holiday.

Ok can you please show me in the rule book exactly what rules have been broken? I do 't know of a single rule Poole have broken here. If one has, where is it in the rule book please?

Hans Andersen was out for a month before attempting a comeback, which he has readily admitted was a failure. And he posted the hand has not yet healed and he couldn't use the hand properly. So he is still out injured.

All this utter nonesense about Poole having points deducted and Andersen should ride is quite pathetic, especially as Hans fas said he is not fit to ride.

As Grachan said, the more sensible call was to go with a replacement rather than guests. No doubt Harris would have been lining up tomorrow for Poole if Matt Ford hadn't brought in Lindback. Poole would certainly have been stronger.

Clearly no rules whatsoever have been broken by Poole. If they had they would have been picked up on it. Instead a few fans have gone Saloms Lot and made fools of themselves y claiming Poole cheated somehow. But without saying what rules they have cheated at.

Quite right in my view he was out long term,long term doesn't have to mean season ending,as you say he was out for a month before the decision was made to replace him, he was replaced, then after probably a lot of pressure from his Polish team, he rode which was in hindsight foolish, he still is injured and unable to race therefore if he hadn't been pressurised to ride for his Polish team he wouldn't have rode.

Anyway see you tomorrow.

Andersen didn't race within a week. Where have you go that from? He was injured at Leicester on August Bank Holiday.

Irrelevant.

He raced within a week of Poole claiming he was going to be out LONG TERM.

I don't think many will walk away because of this, some may say they do to have a go at Poole but the vast majority do not come on this forum and just go to watch a good speedway meeting which is what i will do tomorrow.

I don't think many will walk away because of this, some may say they do to have a go at Poole but the vast majority do not come on this forum and just go to watch a good speedway meeting which is what i will do tomorrow.

If only that were the case.

This forum contains a very small % of speedway fans. Head over on to facebook and all the various groups and you will find hundreds of fans from teams across the country who know the stunts Poole pull.. and each time a few more of them say it's the last straw and stop going.

It doesn't need many. A few here and a few there is still reducing clubs income, even if it only adds up to a few hundred pounds a year I.e. The value of one season ticket per club it is still a few hundred pounds a year that hard pressed clubs can't afford, especially on top of fans drifting away for othe reasons and not being replaced.

• Like 1

If only that were the case.

This forum contains a very small % of speedway fans. Head over on to facebook and all the various groups and you will find hundreds of fans from teams across the country who know the stunts Poole pull.. and each time a few more of them say it's the last straw and stop going.

They say they do but will it be packed tomorrow? or will we have a mass boycott.

It doesn't need many. A few here and a few there is still reducing clubs income, even if it only adds up to a few hundred pounds a year I.e. The value of one season ticket per club it is still a few hundred pounds a year that hard pressed clubs can't afford, especially on top of fans drifting away for othe reasons and not being replaced.

Correct.

The issue here is quite simply, this isn't an isolated incident.. indeed, it's not even isolated for this season, or even this month! There's two incidents involving Poole causing fans to say "Not again".

It's pretty much every single season there is some scam pulled by Poole which is why we get the same debates every single season and even on this forum they involved increasingly less people. Why? Because many of those who were vocal in previous years are now lost to this forum and more importantly, lost to the sport.

• Like 2

It's not illegal at all. If this were a legal case it would never make it as far as court!

Hans Andersen:

"...as you can see it's not just a tip of a finger which is broken, and now 6 days after my hand has been plated I'm making process daily BUT to be honest I don't know if I'm a week or 3 away from getting back on the bike."

"Long term" was not defined. I could say that it's fine to go without water short term, but in the long term you would die. The short term being a couple of days, the long term being a couple of weeks. I could say that it's fine to leave the EU short term, but long term it could be very damaging. The short term being a few months and the long term being a few years.

Did you have a hand in writing the rules BWitcher? Some of these rules seem to be just as ambiguous as your posts! :t:

To sum up: Completely legal. If you want to stop it happening again, define long term. Rules are part of the game, and you must look at the rules simply as another way to get the most from the game. Change the rules or do a better job playing it yourself.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

They say they do but will it be packed tomorrow? or will we have a mass boycott.

Will it be 'packed'.

There will be plenty there, but not as packed as it was in 2009.

They don't say they do... they DO. I know of many myself personally.

Will it be 'packed'.

They should get themselves to Monmore tomorrow for a great meeting,they are only denying themselves.

Will it be 'packed'.

Good. This is the only way to force change. The more leaving the merrier.

Hopefully they will change in a few ways:

1) Get rid of the ambiguous rules. If you're going to leave them open to interpretation, somebody is going to interpret them in their favour.

2) More promoters like Matt Ford who get the biggest crowds, the biggest riders and know how to make the most of the rules.

3) Make the league transparent. Clear formulas for averages, clear comprehensive rules, a little clarity for the supporters.

• Like 1

It's not illegal at all. If this were a legal case it would never make it as far as court!

Hans Andersen:

"...as you can see it's not just a tip of a finger which is broken, and now 6 days after my hand has been plated I'm making process daily BUT to be honest I don't know if I'm a week or 3 away from getting back on the bike."

"Long term" was not defined. I could say that it's fine to go without water short term, but in the long term you would die. The short term being a couple of days, the long term being a couple of weeks. I could say that it's fine to leave the EU short term, but long term it could be very damaging. The short term being a few months and the long term being a few years.

Did you have a hand in writing the rules BWitcher? Some of these rules seem to be just as ambiguous as your posts! :t:

To sum up: Completely legal. If you want to stop it happening again, define long term. Rules are part of the game, and you must look at the rules simply as another way to get the most from the game. Change the rules or do a better job playing it yourself.

Nice try.

There is no need to fabricate information as you are doing.

The evidence is already available. Andersen at no point stated he would be out long term, he stated he would back asap, whilst Poole were already putting the message out he was done for the season, laying the groundwork.

As for you trying to dispute the definition of 'long term'. Well, short term would me one match, that's as short as you can get. To appease you we'll have the 'long term' as two matches... he didn't reach two matches so under no definition could it have been classed as 'long term' from the point at which the signing was made.

Anyway we'll never disagree...

I'm a fan of the sport and want to see it prosper.

You just want to win at all costs and to hell with the damage as is clear by your final comments above. Each to their own.

• Like 1

I sort of feel for Poole, I feel for them for a number of reasons -They probably are acting within “the rules” per se and Pedersen probably is injured, and thus what are they meant to do, they should be acting in the best interest of their club and their fans – but at the same time I also just find their actions a bit like being scudded in the head with a blunt instrument given how many times occurrences arise with Poole.

I do also have a minor loathing of Poole which comes about as a result of the blunt instrument that is Starman bashing his way through Poole threads, which isn’t remotely fair on Poole.

Edited by The Mockingjay