British Speedway Forum
kingbee

What Would You Like From The Agm

Reading on twitter that Poland want to govern riders to racing only 2 leagues next year would surely impack the Elite league big time.... It also said we are looked upon at bottom of the pecking order because the sport in this country is run like a joke............

Could get sticky for Jason Doyle, he`s has already signed a contract for next season with Swindon. You can bet he will be high on the retained list for Falubaz out in Poland, and for that matter his Swedish club Rosspigarna both of whom you would think are paying him quite a tidy sum.

Reading on twitter that Poland want to govern riders to racing only 2 leagues next year would surely impack the Elite league big time.... It also said we are looked upon at bottom of the pecking order because the sport in this country is run like a joke............

Who on earth do the Poles think they are?

Feck orf.

• Like 4

FFS..How can they do that

Transparency - that's all that's required from the AGM.

For 2017 a complete assessed average rider list for all riders from (Ekstraliga - NICE Liga) - (Elitserien - Allsvenskan) - (Metal Speedway League) all open and visible to the public.

Minimum average is 5.00.

No alterations after an assessed average is given during the 2017 season.

All other leagues / riders are assessed at 4.50.

Return to the last used 15 Heat format.

2016 EDR riders averages reduced by 20%

• Like 1

FFS..How can they do that

All they can do is if they know a rider is riding for two other clubs they have the choice to not sign him up. Where the issue may arise is if a top rider they want decides to ride for two others.

Edited by A ORLOV

I wouldnt even claim to know the ins and outs re the actual rule book, I dont have the hours in the day or interest to bother with it, most of it either goes over my head or I simply try and blank out.

The general premise works 4 laps, 4 riders I wouldnt mind alterations to heat formats and personally I would like it to move to structure comparable to the PL in both leagues 7 man teams, 15 heats with 1 reserve who can race in protected heats and cant be replaced eg 2/4/8 with all other team members able to trade places based on averages. I also like the idea of the last 3 heats being nominated races

I would be tempted to scrap THE points limit as its a bit of a nonsense now given there is generally quite a large disparity between teams any way, it feels like it creates more problems than it solves. I also feel like a removal of the idea that all can compete per se affords clubs the chance to both find their place and also develop to be better, the points limit breeds laziness IMO.

If its only one rider to be under XX and British, you can't have protected heats, unless you mean he/they/she cannot be withdrawn from those/that race, because there are 4 riders per race, to make it totally protected, it means riding against the same quality of opposition, which means 2 riders from both teams..

Also, the riders drafted/signed/assigned can either stay at #6 and #7 all season, or possibly, if there average rises, can be promoted up to 2nd string, I.E #4 or #2, they are forbidden from rising into a heat leader role, I.E #1, #3 or #5. A protected rider, I.E #6 and #7 can only miss a ride during the meeting, if certified medically unfit to ride by the official Doctor or official Paramedic, if both present, whichever is senior in a medical capacity. Or #6 and #7 can be excluded, but not replaced by any other rider than the #6 or #7, if both #6 & #7 are both in the race, then the excluded #6 or "7 must go off 15m handicap. Both #6 and #7 must complete if fit, and not medically withdrawn by the official Doctor of Paramedic, take a minimum of 4 rides, and a maximum of 6 rides, unless the team has lost to medical grounds a number #1, #2, #3, #4 or #5, where by one or both #6 and #7 can take a 7th ride..

That's the reserves sorted....

Edited by Shale Searcher

What we would like, and what we will get is two entirely different things..

What we would like, and what we will get is two entirely different things..

What Poole would like, what Poole will get are exactly the same thing

• Like 2

What Poole would like, what Poole will get are exactly the same thing

No mate, we still have to assemble a team within the points limit. Like every other club.

No mate, we still have to assemble a team within the points limit. Like every other club.

At the start of the season

At the start of the season

Yep we do. Your point is ?

Yep we do. Your point is ?

You always find a way to win.I said that 2 months ago.Not getting into it but we all know what I (we) all mean

You start ok then when your on the ropes u always find a way to win.Not all Fords fault.They let u get away with it, year after year

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

You always find a way to win.I said that 2 months ago.Not getting into it but we all know what I (we) all mean

Sorry mate, just a shame other promotions have not got the same will to win as Matt. Yes we are in it to win it, not finish 2nd 3rd or 4th. But at the start of the season we still line up within the points limit.. ;)