British Speedway Forum
kingbee

What Would You Like From The Agm

I'd go as far as to say(and I know it will never happen) if Poole was replaced in the Elite league with a Pre team it would be a better place

• Like 1

Bald Bloke, on 27 Sept 2016 - 10:42 PM, said:

I'd go as far as to say(and I know it will never happen) if Poole was replaced in the Elite league with a Pre team it would be a better place

I'd go as far as to say (and I hope it will happen) if scumborne road slid into Poole harbour the world would be a better place!

Wouldn't that be restraint of trade under EU law ?

Unless the Poles are going to pay the riders a salary

I wouldn't think so. The rider can choose whether to sign up to a contract under those terms or not.

I would imagine the club could stipulate the rider being available 7 days a week of they wanted.

Edited by waihekeaces1

As somebody said, who do Poland think they are? The riders need to stick together to ensure this doesn't happen.

I would like to see a league set up that allows any meeting to be planned in when the majority of riders will knowingly be missing, thus meaning lots of guest riders to bring 'variety' to the watching public. The very fact that there are so many riders in attendance, from so many different clubs around the country, will more than make up for any lack of integrity in the arranging of (and obviously the outcome) of the match..

Maybe also put together a 'heat leader' list whereby teams can have only two from it? However the obvious caveat to that is to ensure certain 'heat leader' calibre riders are omitted so teams can end up with effectively three 'heat leader level' riders whilst others struggle to get two decent ones..

And finally, allow the four teams who qualify for the play offs the opportunity to bring in ringers from other teams on a 'horses for courses' basis. Not only would this increase their chances of victory in the play offs but also de-value the importance of 112 qualification matches preceding them...

Food for thought maybe? A bit too radical possibly?

Watch this space...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

No mate, we still have to assemble a team within the points limit. Like every other club.

That's not exactly true is it. How many times has Poole signed a ringer on a ridiculous average. All these things come into play as to why nobody like Poole. The comments about the league would be a better place without Poole are very hurtful, but also very true......... At least there would be some creditability back to this sport....

That's not exactly true is it. How many times has Poole signed a ringer on a ridiculous average. All these things come into play as to why nobody like Poole. The comments about the league would be a better place without Poole are very hurtful, but also very true......... At least there would be some creditability back to this sport....

Ah but you are forgetting - other teams have the same opportunities to sign these riders - blah, blah, blah :rolleyes:

Oh! And the classic line - we haven't broken any rules!

Edited by Steve0

As somebody said, who do Poland think they are? The riders need to stick together to ensure this doesn't happen.

With the kind of contracts they can offer, but always honour, to ride in Poland most riders, especially the Polish ones will always put Poland first and the clubs know that.

With the kind of contracts they can offer, but always honour, to ride in Poland most riders, especially the Polish ones will always put Poland first and the clubs know that.

If it does go ahead and the riders do not stand up for their own rights any idea of a squad system in the UK next year is up the creek.

If it does go ahead and the riders do not stand up for their own rights any idea of a squad system in the UK next year is up the creek.

Don`t see this getting off the ground, possibly un-workable and probably illegal.

rules that make it a level playing field

one club benefits most from the rules

the new rule that reserves get an average and go up into main body has enabled one club to get a 1-5 go down to reserve build his average up then be enabled to get replaced by a rider that has an average from riding against heat leaders

getting a gp riders average reduced! never before has this happened, 2 seasons ago piotr pawlicki was assessed by bspa as 7.50 and he wasnt in the gp's so how can a rider number 8 in the world be a 7????

the rule about a 7 day injury replacemt for the play offs suits one club as no other club can afford to bring in a top gp rider, ie lakeside had jonsson injured by they went with r/r

I would like to see a league set up that allows any meeting to be planned in when the majority of riders will knowingly be missing, thus meaning lots of guest riders to bring 'variety' to the watching public. The very fact that there are so many riders in attendance, from so many different clubs around the country, will more than make up for any lack of integrity in the arranging of (and obviously the outcome) of the match..

Maybe also put together a 'heat leader' list whereby teams can have only two from it? However the obvious caveat to that is to ensure certain 'heat leader' calibre riders are omitted so teams can end up with effectively three 'heat leader level' riders whilst others struggle to get two decent ones..

And finally, allow the four teams who qualify for the play offs the opportunity to bring in ringers from other teams on a 'horses for courses' basis. Not only would this increase their chances of victory in the play offs but also de-value the importance of 112 qualification matches preceding them...

Food for thought maybe? A bit too radical possibly?

Watch this space...

I would prefer to see guests totally banned, teams should have to bring in a NL rider or use r/r.

• Like 1

Don`t see this getting off the ground, possibly un-workable and probably illegal.

It may technically be illegal but a Polish club not offering any rider who wants to ride for more than two clubs a position is not illegal, they could just say they do not want that rider.

Wouldn't that be restraint of trade under EU law ?

Unless the Poles are going to pay the riders a salary

So what, who is going to complain? the riders will not as they could be "blacklisted" and severely limit their chances of earning a contract in future seasons.

Personally, I believe that having riders racing in different countries for differing teams is detrimental to the sport as a whole.

• Like 1