British Speedway Forum
kingbee

What Would You Like From The Agm

I would like Matt Fraud to stop getting away with daylight robbery!!

I would like more promoters to be more like Matt Ford - Promoting speedway and creating competitive teams - and no I am not a Poole supporter in terms of it being my local team - but I do wish more teams had promoters like him.

FFS..How can they do that

Easy - the contract with the Polish club contains the provision of restricting the rider to riding for the Polish club and one other. The rider then has a choice to agree and sign or not as the case maybe. This overcomes the restraint of trade aspect.

This would not be the case if a rider has a current contract in situ for the 2017 season which does not contain the clause. However the club could make an additional payment or agree compensation with the rider if he allows the clause to be inserted into the current contract.

• Like 1

If any polish clubs only want riders to ride for two clubs max then it won't happen because say Jason Doyle for example has to drop British Speedway for Polish and Swedish Speedway he'll simply ask the Poles for more money to compensation for his British League losses and thus the Polish will lose out even more financially.... would probably work fine for those riders who only ride for two clubs already.

I have been reading these threads with people putting together their 2017 teams etc. and what makes the sport more of a joke is that most of the teams are just Premier League riders with the odd-name thrown in who is GP/Ex GP etc.

British Speedway need to put the sport in order and stick to any changes for the next 3 years and stabilise the sport with consistancy.

Fortunately or Unfortunately, it will have to lead to 6 rider teams with two being reserves, two being "Heat Leaders" and two classed as second strings built to a 38 point limit with a Northern/Southern split.

C'mon...whoever you support put together based on current averages your 6 rider team for next season within 38 points - baring in mind that any riders who don't have a PL average, you will have to take their EL and multiply by 1.4 to get their average for the Northern/Southern split!

My Club Ipswich would be

Danny King 9.38

Scott Nicholls 8.79

Nico Covatti 7.32

James Sarjeant 5.45

Connor Coles 3.00

Danyon Hume 3.00

• Like 1

Just want those in charge to think about making the product into something people want.

Currently, it isn't. Which is why it's dying on it's arse, each year its the same old rubbish and people like me have had enough.

Speedway should be entertaining, and the team that wins should be the best combination of 7 riders and NOT whoever is best exploiting the grey areas of the ridiculously complicated rule book.

Stable team, regular race night, well prepared track, clean facilities, well run meetings, £15 admission.

Edited by pointsmeanplayoffs
  • Like 3

If any polish clubs only want riders to ride for two clubs max then it won't happen because say Jason Doyle for example has to drop British Speedway for Polish and Swedish Speedway he'll simply ask the Poles for more money to compensation for his British League losses and thus the Polish will lose out even more financially.... would probably work fine for those riders who only ride for two clubs already.

I have been reading these threads with people putting together their 2017 teams etc. and what makes the sport more of a joke is that most of the teams are just Premier League riders with the odd-name thrown in who is GP/Ex GP etc.

British Speedway need to put the sport in order and stick to any changes for the next 3 years and stabilise the sport with consistancy.

Fortunately or Unfortunately, it will have to lead to 6 rider teams with two being reserves, two being "Heat Leaders" and two classed as second strings built to a 38 point limit with a Northern/Southern split.

C'mon...whoever you support put together based on current averages your 6 rider team for next season within 38 points - baring in mind that any riders who don't have a PL average, you will have to take their EL and multiply by 1.4 to get their average for the Northern/Southern split!

My Club Ipswich would be

Danny King 9.38

Scott Nicholls 8.79

Nico Covatti 7.32

James Sarjeant 5.45

Connor Coles 3.00

Danyon Hume 3.00

And the Polish club replies...You'll get no more, they know he'll stay because they are able to pay far more than all his others put together, why do you think riders miss meetings because their Polish club has ordered them to attend practice? The Poles can do whatever they like, we've seen them flexing their muscles more and more in recent years.

FFS..How can they do that

Because they pay the riders the most money, no doubt they can do as they wish. If they were to give the riders an ultimatum they would soon comply. Too much money too lose....

Could be the Kick up the arse the BSPA want. It will enable us to run our sport with riders who want to race her,e and not be dictated by foreign fixtures and SGP's....

• Like 1

Yet another Matta$$ licker who can't see beyond the end of scumborne road !

Have you read any other of my posts on threads?

I am not a Poole fan nor have I been to Wimborne Road for quite a while.

I actually stated that for the good of the sport (and because I am a neutral who cheers on the underdog), I would like a Lakeside v Wolves final.

• Like 1

Dump the TR rule

Get out of the Gospeed contract if possible.

All tracks/clubs to be run/promoted to a set standard, some clubs may suffer ...

Too many riders going missing, double up/down, Swedish league/Polish league/Danish league/under 21, Long track, GP qualifiers. What,s the answer...........?

Stop ripping the fans off!!

• Like 2

Am going to get shot down here but i am sure some posters have said if the top guys want to go let them lets have two teams giving it a right go may not be the star names but still fourteen guys racing its the sport that counts not just the top few riders most who dont bother over here anyway

To give some consideration to the views/comments of the supporters and for the powers that be and promoters to remember that they are in the entertainment industry and not an exclusive/private club.

Have more transparency to the fans by releasing any riders average that they would have if they rode in Britain so everyone is aware.

Sort the race format out & lastly sort out the reserve averages so they are fair.

Not much to ask but I bet the clowns still mess it up.

• Like 1

Because they pay the riders the most money, no doubt they can do as they wish. If they were to give the riders an ultimatum they would soon comply. Too much money too lose....

Could be the Kick up the arse the BSPA want. It will enable us to run our sport with riders who want to race her,e and not be dictated by foreign fixtures and SGP's....

It's bloody wrong .I heard a few years back that a top rider in the UK who could earn a 2 K guarantee in the UK.Can earn 20 in Poland.I know we don't get the crowds to pay more,but the Poles,even if they pay more,surly can't tell self employed riders where they can work.

It's bloody wrong .I heard a few years back that a top rider in the UK who could earn a 2 K guarantee in the UK.Can earn 20 in Poland.I know we don't get the crowds to pay more,but the Poles,even if they pay more,surly can't tell self employed riders where they can work.

Maybe, maybe not. But what they can say is that they won't employ them if they ride in both GB and Sweden.