British Speedway Forum
kingbee

What Would You Like From The Agm

TRANSPARENCY.............

us fans would like to know what promoters voted for what, and who has drafted any new rules and who seconded them and voted for them

name and shame !!!!

• Like 4

When is the bspa AGM. When do we find out as supporters the new formats rule changes etc....

That would be starting point for transparency for BSPA to let the fans know where and when the AGM is actually taking place.

However they are probably worried the fans will stage a demonstration..... Now there's an idea!

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 2

Still waiting to see evidence of Buster with his New Broom..... He has a massive job to do.. But don't know if he will be allowed the opportunity to change things..

John Berry stated 30 odd yrs ago the sport is run on a 'I'll scratch your back' philosophy with no relevance to the sport at all. I haven't seen much change since then.

Just hope the other promoters will back Buster in the hope our league can prosper.

Surely the "new broom" has been being prepared all season? He's had a year of hands on experience and no doubt been preparing a big list of common sense changes. This years AGM should be a breeze?

Stable team, regular race night, well prepared track, clean facilities, well run meetings, £15 admission.

Completely agree :approve:

Good tracks (because a lot of them most certainly aren't), no unnecessary delay (which means no intervals), good presentation and stop the cheating and rule bending by transparency and responsibility. I am not sure that will work, but its what most current fans want.

I would like more promoters to be more like Matt Ford - Promoting speedway and creating competitive teams - and no I am not a Poole supporter in terms of it being my local team - but I do wish more teams had promoters like him.

More like Isle of Wight's Barry Bishop and Martin Widman than Matt Ford.

If Poole had won the EL this season, people would have left the sport because of the disgraceful circumstances surrounding the signing of Antonio Lindback. The BSPA are culpable, but Ford will pull tricks that go beyond what most will accept.

I don't deny his success in promoting the club and putting out good teams, but do we really want them all to be as ruthless as that ?

Bishop and Widman (backed by a small but totally dedicated band of supporters) have worked unbelievably hard to make Isle of Wight speedway a paying concern. They have done everything that people on here suggest (and more) and they have done it without the taint of cheating.

By far and away my promotion of the year.

• Like 4

A promotion that could deliver an improved customer experience with a clean environment and excellent viewing.

Provide a superb race strip that has magnificent racing.

Work hard to minimise annoying rain offs.

Build an entertaining successful team with up and come Brits and a GP star.

Work with other speedway organisations to bring big world events to us deserving supporters.

Increase crowd levels by over 100%

I could go on with my list of dreams, maybe a training centre to help find the next UK champ, but in this day an age and the state current of speedway - no chance, surely.

I could go on with my list of dreams, maybe a training centre to help find the next UK champ, but in this day an age and the state current of speedway - no chance, surely.

I went to a meeting over bank holiday weekend at Isle of Wight in the last season of operation under the old promotion in 2013 and I thought there were about 300 people there.

I went to two meetings this season in August and there were 5-600 at both.

It just shows what a determined, customer focussed and capable promotion can do.

• Like 1

What are the other sports where the 'Directors' of all the clubs share all the information from their annual meeting with the fans?!

Just wondering........

A promotion that could deliver an improved customer experience with a clean environment and excellent viewing.

Provide a superb race strip that has magnificent racing.

Work hard to minimise annoying rain offs.

Build an entertaining successful team with up and come Brits and a GP star.

Work with other speedway organisations to bring big world events to us deserving supporters.

Im to take it your referring to your own club here. Clearly you've forgot this is 2016 not 1970. People have far more things to do nowadays. In the meantime should you win the euromillions you will be financing the less fortunate clubs then.. You live in a fantasy world mate...

Im to take it your referring to your own club here. Clearly you've forgot this is 2016 not 1970. People have far more things to do nowadays. In the meantime should you win the euromillions you will be financing the less fortunate clubs then.. You live in a fantasy world mate...

Yeah no way those things could come true in 2016 is there starry...

Yeah no way those things could come true in 2016 is there starry...

No way those things would come true anytime mate... I have more chance of riding next years Grand national winner than winning the euromillions. And as I said, people have far more to do nowadays. Unless you reduce the admission charge down to a tenner. Speedway costs a lot of money to put on, that's without the big boys.. So that ain't going to happen either...

At poole we do plenty of promoting the sport and we get the biggest crowds in the EL by a mile we also have a lot of very good sponsors that put a lot of money into the club, we also have two premier league football clubs in a 30 ml radius. AFC Bournemouth and that lot 20ml further up the road.

Edited by Starman2006

I would like to see an audience of knowledgeable,honest, unbiased and intellectual speedway fans in a room or hall with the AGM after proposals have been put forward in a 'Question Time' scenario where honest questions are asked about this rule and so forth and even feedback to be given to amend the proposals.

Edited by Joe Beevers

I would like to see an audience of knowledgeable,honest, unbiased and intellectual speedway fans in a room or hall with the AGM after proposals have been put forward in a 'Question Time' scenario where honest questions are asked about this rule and so forth and even feedback to be given to amend the proposals.

Joe you have more chance of walking on the moon than that ever happening good idea though making Speedway a 10 pound sport might help.

No way those things would come true anytime mate... I have more chance of riding next years Grand national winner than winning the euromillions. And as I said, people have far more to do nowadays. Unless you reduce the admission charge down to a tenner. Speedway costs a lot of money to put on, that's without the big boys.. So that ain't going to happen either...

At poole we do plenty of promoting the sport and we get the biggest crowds in the EL by a mile we also have a lot of very good sponsors that put a lot of money into the club, we also have two premier league football clubs in a 30 ml radius. AFC Bournemouth and that lot 20ml further up the road.

Football runs for 6 of the months that there is no speedway so not much of a challenge to speedway there.

Totally agree that it's a £10 sport or a child in education goes free with a paying adult.

Clubs need to look at the younger supporters &!they will go with a parent or the average age will only increase.

Run the sport in the summer months especially during school holidays as most clubs had 1 or possibly 2 in that time.

Fairness on all sides! Not much hope of that after the play-offs & one side's stack of assets to cloud the promoter's judgement.