British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Danny Ayres A Real Entertainer.

I see Danny ride the other week at the Abbey what an entertainer he is certainly an improver as well and has made good progress.But watching him was like going back to the old days the real showman days Jack Millen the panto villian, John cowbook Cook Shawn McConnell to name a few.That is what speedway is about being Entertained and Danny certainly puts on a show and i now know why he is loved by the Glasgow fans.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 7

I see Danny ride the other week at the Abbey what an entertainer he is certainly an improver as well and has made good progress.But watching him was like going back to the old days the real showman days Jack Millen the panto villian, John cowbook Cook Shawn McConnell to name a few.That is what speedway is about being Entertained and Danny certainly puts on a show and i now know why he is loved by the Glasgow fans.

totally agree , the type of rider that the sport needs
  • Like 5

He's a bit too harem scarem for his own good at times , sometimes we're shouting at him just to stay where he is - third is better than on his ass . But when he wins a race he lights Ashfield up with his antics , yes we love him

• Like 4

He won he's first four races last night and you'd have thought he'd won a gp, brilliant. He looked genuinely gutted in heat 15 when he made a first bend error and came last. Got the crowd going, fantastic especially for a guest as well

• Like 3

Wee debate in our house when me and my dad watch the tiggers.

I think its great really gets the crowd going and good to see. The father tho thinks he's a twit (or something similar).

Either way he gets people talking.

Great article on the Cradley website today with Danny thanking the Cradley fans for their support the other night and saying how sorry he was to mess the first bend up in heat 15 and cost us the win.

Danny don't beat yourself up! You were brilliant and I'm sure the faithful would greet you with open arms if you ever decide to leave Kent.

He'd certainly be top of my shopping list if available.

• Like 1

Not just an entertaining rider but a great bloke too, backed by a top notch mechanic and a brilliant family.

Keep it going and never change Mr Danny Ayres.

• Like 2

The sport is desperate for more Danny Ayres's.

I think rider interaction, personality and character definitely give the fans a laugh as well as more likely to bring back the casual fans more often as it is more entertainment.

I never met anyone who hated a wheelie, the bumps or a winning celebration of some kind.

• Like 1

He rode at Mildenhall in the NL Select meeting last week and from thinking he seemed a bit over the top at the start, he certainly made the meeting more enjoyable with his all action antics. It was quite entertaining watching him celebrate race wins in a challenge in more style than a GP rider winning a Grand Prix but maybe speedway does need more riders like him.

• Like 2

He rode at Mildenhall in the NL Select meeting last week and from thinking he seemed a bit over the top at the start, he certainly made the meeting more enjoyable with his all action antics. It was quite entertaining watching him celebrate race wins in a challenge in more style than a GP rider winning a Grand Prix but maybe speedway does need more riders like him.

Agree,after all it is only a bit of entertainment whether you like it of not ,creates a bit of atmosphere.Kozza Smith did the same.
  • Like 1

Agree,after all it is only a bit of entertainment whether you like it of not ,creates a bit of atmosphere.Kozza Smith did the same.

Saw Kozza at Berwick running up the main stand giving high fives to everyone after winning . :drink:

I like his tantrums now they are entertaining :lol::lol: