British Speedway Forum

Poole's crowds have remained fairly strong with the same pricing over the past 5 years.

As MF said at the forum last night the Leicester meeting last year was promoted strongly with Free and heavily reduced admission prices. The crowd that night was 3200 including most Poole Councillors and the Mayor, but Matt lost money on the meeting and the crowd was not sustained in following weeks!!

That might say more about Leicester than Poole but all promoters must be mindful of their business first and foremost. Costs including rider wages etc do not reduce when admission charges are reduced.

Pirate cast boys said he lost £19k, is that a lot in promoters terms? And riders should not be allowed on twitter starting with Chris Holder! :D

Pirate cast boys said he lost £19k, is that a lot in promoters terms? And riders should not be allowed on twitter starting with Chris Holder! :D

4-5000.

4-5000.

Okay i thought it was a lot when it was said, but wasn't sure what the norm was for clubs who don't break even.

i thought he said he took £19k

christina was certainly an excellent choice of guest last night,superb interaction with the rest of the panel,intelligent, great sense of humour,called a spade a spade,definitely a hit with the fans and seemed to really enjoy the evening.(i hope my description hasnt clouded your fantasies fig roll lol)

Oh god no I love her alright

Your right. He lost money on the meeting but Matt made profit on the year. He could make huge profit if he didn't invest in more assets. That why he wants the main team Sponsor because that is simply used for assets. Poole have very cheap travel cost's. Kyle, James, Jack and KK all live within an 30 mins of Poole. Hans seems to spend a lot of time in the UK as well.

I didn't go to the event at the stadium but managed to listen to the pirate cast show and I'm sure they said he lost £19k on that meeting!

Hans pulled out of today's meeting still injured with his hand

Hans pulled out of today's meeting still injured with his hand

And some on here were saying last season he was feigning injury when he tried to make a comeback and pulled out.

Actually he is riding. It was said he wasn't but he is here.

I was told he wasn't riding. But they obviously misunderstood his tweet. 😂

Edited by Phil The Ace

Actually he is riding. It was said he wasn't but he is here.

I was told he wasn't riding. But they obviously misunderstood his tweet.

That's Han-dy.. :lol: (I'll get me coat)

• Like 1

And some on here were saying last season he was feigning injury when he tried to make a comeback and pulled out.

He is riding

Your right. He lost money on the meeting but Matt made profit on the year. He could make huge profit if he didn't invest in more assets. That why he wants the main team Sponsor because that is simply used for assets. Poole have very cheap travel cost's. Kyle, James, Jack and KK all live within an 30 mins of Poole. Hans seems to spend a lot of time in the UK as well.

Why in these times would you build your assets up its a 6 month a year merry go round.

Why in these times would you build your assets up its a 6 month a year merry go round.

Loan Fees. And because when he sells the club its more valuable. Ford used to go for big boys but now it's people like Wright. I am sure he will go after Ellis and more young British riders or anyone who is young.

• Like 1

Loan Fees. And because when he sells the club its more valuable. Ford used to go for big boys but now it's people like Wright. I am sure he will go after Ellis and more young British riders or anyone who is young.

Let's hope Adam remembers who gave him a team slot this season after his average rose to high for the team he rode for last year.

I certainly would😀😀

• Like 2