British Speedway Forum

as the promoter of the club I would have thought Matt would have been out there all the time must admit never see him around anyway very strange !!!

Why is it strange?? I'd have been hiding too if it was my team!

Nothing strange at all. Matt does not run the team on the night. He deals with the financial side on the night and is in the office sorting out the takings, and dealing with wages etc. The team side is Middlos to deal with. Everyone else knows their job and it runs smoothly on the night. Matt pops out of the office several times during a meeting to watch a heat before popping back inside. Always done this.

Why is it strange?? I'd have been hiding too if it was my team!

I like it !!!

Nothing strange at all. Matt does not run the team on the night. He deals with the financial side on the night and is in the office sorting out the takings, and dealing with wages etc. The team side is Middlos to deal with. Everyone else knows their job and it runs smoothly on the night. Matt pops out of the office several times during a meeting to watch a heat before popping back inside. Always done this.

and there's me thinking he was a speedway supporter as well as a promotor silly me !!

I like it !!!

and there's me thinking he was a speedway supporter as well as a promotor silly me !!

Are football club owners on the sidelines each game? Rugby club owners?
  • Like 1

Are football club owners on the sidelines each game? Rugby club owners?

Football club owners are often in the stands. Sometimes you can see Matt towards the end of the meeting on the centre green talking to sponsors or heading towards the pits. I'm not sure about this season though as I've only been to two home meetings so far!

Matts always been in the office on race nights, now that the faithful are declining in numbers he has a bit more time to watch a few races!

• Like 1

Matts always been in the office on race nights, now that the faithful are declining in numbers he has a bit more time to watch a few races!

Counting the money ?

Matts always come out to watch the racing. I really don't know where you get these things from.

• Like 3

Is that because the current Poole team riders are taking a bit longer to do 4 laps?!! ;)

Matts always come out to watch the racing. I really don't know where you get these things from.

Quite right Starman!! Matt usually watches most heats from the main grandstand steps adjacent to the office and directly behind the Re-Run cameras.

Quite right Starman!! Matt usually watches most heats from the main grandstand steps adjacent to the office and directly behind the Re-Run cameras.

Matt will always have his haters amongst those mainly jealous of the fact he is the most successful Promoter in the modern day era in UK.

He will always be branded as arrogant/a cheat and numerous other negative things by those who would love to have had him running and investing/bringing good sponsorship and riders to the club.

The guy is a full time promoter who has given countless hours into trying to make them the Man Utd of Speedway since he took over. Of course there will always be the snipers damning him when he makes smart moves around the system but fully legal in processing them.

He has the foresight most seasons to sign good riders and help develop good young talent. He can see things in overseas averages as well that others cant be bothered to spend the time on. Not everything always works but even Alex Ferguson didn't get it right every season.

Long may that continue.

He was also right in expressing his open thoughts yesterday about performance and 2018. Its his club and he is fully entitled to say what he thinks and what he intends to do in putting it right. I applaud him for it and too right that maybe 4 of the current squad wont be back next year HOPEFULLY. He is saying what most Poole fans think anyway in my opinion.

Those that snipe at Matt Ford or the fools calling him Lord Fraud can keep it up as it will continue to mean he is doing his best and giving his all to get the best riders and the most entertainment he can get for Poole Supporters and Speedway in general.

Now lets see the usual suspects come forward with their negative comments towards his.

The joy of the forum huh ;)

There has been several clubs enjoy successful periods over the last 90 years or so with many having insults thrown their way. Arrogant is a regular one but until Ford came along I have never heard of promoters/managers continually referred to as cheats.

There is a reason for that.

I branded him the "self confessed cheat" after he admitted to it in The Star 13 years ago when he had won very little so my motivation to do so wasn't based on his incredible success.

Matt will always have his haters amongst those mainly jealous of the fact he is the most successful Promoter in the modern day era in UK.

He will always be branded as arrogant/a cheat and numerous other negative things by those who would love to have had him running and investing/bringing good sponsorship and riders to the club.

The guy is a full time promoter who has given countless hours into trying to make them the Man Utd of Speedway since he took over. Of course there will always be the snipers damning him when he makes smart moves around the system but fully legal in processing them.

He has the foresight most seasons to sign good riders and help develop good young talent. He can see things in overseas averages as well that others cant be bothered to spend the time on. Not everything always works but even Alex Ferguson didn't get it right every season.

Long may that continue.

He was also right in expressing his open thoughts yesterday about performance and 2018. Its his club and he is fully entitled to say what he thinks and what he intends to do in putting it right. I applaud him for it and too right that maybe 4 of the current squad wont be back next year HOPEFULLY. He is saying what most Poole fans think anyway in my opinion.

Those that snipe at Matt Ford or the fools calling him Lord Fraud can keep it up as it will continue to mean he is doing his best and giving his all to get the best riders and the most entertainment he can get for Poole Supporters and Speedway in general.

Now lets see the usual suspects come forward with their negative comments towards his.

The joy of the forum huh ;)

Sorry to everyone for repeating this diatribe, but why could you not have been more objective and accepted that he has from time to time CHEATED and it is that, rather than jealousy, that annoys so many fans.

Sorry to everyone for repeating this diatribe, but why could you not have been more objective and accepted that he has from time to time CHEATED and it is that, rather than jealousy, that annoys so many fans.

Matt doesn't cheat, he's just one step in front of everyone else, if he was running British speedway there's a good chance it wouldn't be in the mess it is now

• Like 2