British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Polish Ekstraliga Is Flexing Its Muscles

I also agree with the Polish stance.Thought though that the situation had got slightly better in recent years once the Russian League stopped throwing money around and importing top stars(didn't Greg miss a Reading meeting because he was in Russia once?) and the Italian and Czech Leagues also have dropped off the international radar for me at least.The only move in the opposite direction was the doubling up in Sweden

Edited by iris123

How many Ekstraliga teams have submitted their accounts for 2016 year to PZM and been given their financial licence to run next year??

Anyone know the latest on the Poles selfish rule? Has it been challenged or what?

No point repeating the bit about the Poles looking after their own interests, and who here doesn't do exactly the same for what matters to them? And for those who campaigned for Brexit, you've got what you asked for. Get ready for many other Europeans in many other walks of life to look after their own interests ahead of the British National Interest.

To be honest though, I think that the PZM are actually doing the BSPA a huge favour. The BSPA have been trying to dumb-down the British Leagues for ages because they can't afford to compete with the better leagues in Sweden and Poland, but have never actually had the bottle to cut out the SGP riders and the other expensive riders. Now, by what has happened, their bed has been made for them, and apart from Matt Fraud, no-one has really complained too loudly about it. Less continental riders means more opportunities for cheaper NL riders to fill the team slots in the Premiership and Championship. Welcome to the future.

• Like 1

No point repeating the bit about the Poles looking after their own interests, and who here doesn't do exactly the same for what matters to them? And for those who campaigned for Brexit, you've got what you asked for. Get ready for many other Europeans in many other walks of life to look after their own interests ahead of the British National Interest.

To be honest though, I think that the PZM are actually doing the BSPA a huge favour. The BSPA have been trying to dumb-down the British Leagues for ages because they can't afford to compete with the better leagues in Sweden and Poland, but have never actually had the bottle to cut out the SGP riders and the other expensive riders. Now, by what has happened, their bed has been made for them, and apart from Matt Fraud, no-one has really complained too loudly about it. Less continental riders means more opportunities for cheaper NL riders to fill the team slots in the Premiership and Championship. Welcome to the fut

It might just be me but I think British speedway is in a better position this season because they are tending to look from within where it comes to getting riders. It's probably done British speedway a favour. Stop chasing riders whose costs clubs can't afford. It will do British speedway on the whole a lot of god to try and produce some home grown riders for a change. Cuts down on travelling costs, fans relate more to local riders, brings more riders into the sport and in time might provide a stronger national team.

• Like 1

It might just be me but I think British speedway is in a better position this season because they are tending to look from within where it comes to getting riders. It's probably done British speedway a favour. Stop chasing riders whose costs clubs can't afford. It will do British speedway on the whole a lot of god to try and produce some home grown riders for a change. Cuts down on travelling costs, fans relate more to local riders, brings more riders into the sport and in time might provide a stronger national team.

There's no scope for replacements for non-performing heatleaders etc though. It's unfair on riders who would like to race here, it's bribery, it's no good bringing up the past, it is the past, different promoters, different times, now is what matters ....

That's the price they pay for signing up to the Polish league. The riders have a choice, but understandably they will go for the highest payday. That's why I say that British speedway needs to produce more riders, so that through time you can build up a bank of riders who can replace others.

There's no scope for replacements for non-performing heatleaders etc though. It's unfair on riders who would like to race here, it's bribery, it's no good bringing up the past, it is the past, different promoters, different times, now is what matters ....

How is it unfair on riders? They can sign up for the highest available salary but have some restrictions.

Or ride everywhere else without restriction.

Which part is unfair?

How is it unfair on riders? They can sign up for the highest available salary but have some restrictions.

Or ride everywhere else without restriction.

Which part is unfair?

They should be able to race for who they want, not be restricted ....
  • Like 1

They always have their choice...no one makes them do that they don't want...it's up to them who they sign for...but if they do, they need to observe conditions set up in their agreement (with any club).

It is as simple as that.

• Like 1

My employment contract doesn't allow me to work for anyone else without my employers permission. And in my case it's unlikely that I'd pick up an injury that would hamper my ability to do my job.

If I offered a builder 5 times the going hourly rate on the condition that he only worked on my house until it was completed, would that be unreasonable?

They always have their choice...no one makes them do that they don't want...it's up to them who they sign for...but if they do, they need to observe conditions set up in their agreement (with any club).

It is as simple as that.

Yeah, it's bribery, if you sign for us you can only sign for two other teams!

Yeah, it's bribery, if you sign for us you can only sign for two other teams!

It's bribery you say...well, everey coin has two sides.

It's up to you (or anyone else) which one you ( or anyone else) prefer.

It's bribery you say...well, everey coin has two sides.

It's up to you (or anyone else) which one you ( or anyone else) prefer.

I'll never be happy with this rule of yours, in years to come when Polish speedway isn't so popular, when Poland has grown as a country and the young people find other things to do as they have here, I hope it comes back to bite you!