British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

One of the guys I work with watched last nights meeting. He loved it and wants to see more speedway, he's disappointed the season is over apart from a single GP. He also asked what the deal was with Woffinden, which made me wonder, what was the deal with Woffy? Why was he booed?

Chanting is part of most sports it creates an atmosphere which is sadly missing in speedway these days.I am sure every one in the stadium heared the harmless chanting it was that loud.Where i struggle is how did woffy hear all these personal insults as i did not it was to noisy so how Woffy heard them down on the track with all the other noise plus bike noise and with his helmet on i dont know.

Of course chanting is part of an atmosphere. What was apparent that this was above and beyond regular chanting.

If you keep goading someone and if the rumours are true that his late father was included in the abuse then it's no wonder he responded.

Sometimes you really do get what you deserve (not aimed at you specifically just anyone that was part of the abuse).

It seems clear to anyone watching the sky broadcast that there was obviously bad blood spilled out towards to Tai so it's no wonder he heard it.

One of the guys I work with watched last nights meeting. He loved it and wants to see more speedway, he's disappointed the season is over apart from a single GP. He also asked what the deal was with Woffinden, which made me wonder, what was the deal with Woffy? Why was he booed?

As said earlier, this was all a pre-meditated plan from Belle Vue to try and unsettle Woffinden.

If you had been there you would have heard the announcer RELENTLESSLY telling everyone how Wolves had acted outside the spirit of the sport how ridiculous it was that a World Champion was riding at No 4. It was constant.

Then there is the issue of them listing him in the program with a higher average than any of the Wolves riders allowing some fans to believe he was riding there illegally... a viewpoint enforced by the sarcastic comments made when announcing the riders in the race in each and every one of his races, suggesting that it was wrong he was in that position.

I'm not complaining about it, it actually made victory all the more sweeter. The Belle Vue fans around us on the back straight found it all somewhat cringeworthy (the announcer that is).

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the meeting some great racing and that track is a real track us Brits should be proud of it.As for Tai good on him i am sure most of us would stick up for there dad i would those making comments must be sick Tai has nothing to be ashamed of.

At least Tai can get a job as a spy when he hangs up his kevlars. If he can pick out one or two knob heads allegedly giving him grief about his Dad whilst on a motorbike with a helmet on and a few thousand fans shouting "who r yer" at the top of their voices then he could pick out vital secrets in various locations around the world.

The only thing that would stop him is if it's all BS from the ringers apologists.

Wolves deserved winners over the two legs... but the win-at-all-costs mentality of speedway in bringing Woffenden back leaves a sour taste and really questions why fans bother with anything that happens before August, when riders can be signed purely for the "business part of the season."

Woffenden upsets some because there's a myth doing the rounds... that he has used British Speedway. Belle Vue fans were naturally annoyed last night... because he had only afforded them his presence because his racing diary was throwing out all sorts of blank pages. Wolves fans, and who can blame them, welcome anyone who can score the points.

Cracking occasion though. But is it worth devaluing all that has gone before?

And, yes, Tai created a lot of interest last night and will encourage Belle Vue fans to turn up and jeer him, whenever he graces these shores again.

That is good for the sport... a flashback to the Kenny Carter days perhaps.

Wolves deserved winners over the two legs... but the win-at-all-costs mentality of speedway in bringing Woffenden back leaves a sour taste and really questions why fans bother with anything that happens before August, when riders can be signed purely for the "business part of the season."

Woffenden upsets some because there's a myth doing the rounds... that he has used British Speedway. Belle Vue fans were naturally annoyed last night... because he had only afforded them his presence because his racing diary was throwing out all sorts of blank pages. Wolves fans, and who can blame them, welcome anyone who can score the points.

Cracking occasion though. But is it worth devaluing all that has gone before?And, yes, Tai created a lot of interest last night and will encourage Belle Vue fans to turn up and jeer him, whenever he graces these shores again.

That is good for the sport... a flashback to the Kenny Carter days perhaps.

Tai is great for speedway,and god speedway could do with a few more speedway stars like KC now love him or hate him.Speedway got great publicity and interest through KC then, Tai is doing the same now. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

Never, but folk keep telling me Woffys outbursts are good publicity.....doesn't seem so in this instance lol

Since they started putting the money up to make it happen.

As I said last night, Sky do what they always do, pander to the professionally offended.

It's me and my fellow subscribers who put the money in to make it happen, without us Sky haven't got a business.

please CVS don't sign that anal wart next year

can't see Cook leaving BV

Brilliant night of Speedway, it had everything that is great about our sport, including controversy. I want to congratulate Wolves on a good well earned victory, I personally am not surprised as I did say at the beginning of the season when we were all making our predictions that Wolves were the dark horses.

I also want to say how proud I am of our 1-7 for giving us a great season and finishing top of the table at the end, however Wolves were a tad to good in the P/Off final.

For next season if we are to have the B/W Tac ride again then let's hope they (BSPA) have the balls to make it fair. The P/Off's are aggregate score matches and when Wolves played it in heat 9 they were still in front 73-65.

so massive advantage to the team away first then?

I just feel a sportsman at the top of his game should be a role model, setting an example. Other than the flying clothes line at Nicki , you wouldn't catch Hancock behaving like Tai did.

so you want to conveniently dismiss that then??
  • Like 3

For next season if we are to have the B/W Tac ride again then let's hope they (BSPA) have the balls to make it fair. The P/Off's are aggregate score matches and when Wolves played it in heat 9 they were still in front 73-65.

The tac ride situation was perfectly fair. Belle Vue used one, Wolves used one. How much fairer do you want it?

For the playoffs it would be better if there were no tacs, they aren't needed... but your idea here is just, well it's the kind of gibberish that make promoters ignore fans suggestions.

• Like 2

The tac ride situation was perfectly fair. Belle Vue used one, Wolves used one. How much fairer do you want it?

For the playoffs it would be better if there were no tacs, they aren't needed... but your idea here is just, well it's the kind of gibberish that make promoters ignore fans suggestions.

The problem belle Vue has is their manager cocked it up and Adams made the right call. Woffinden may not have won the race but still the right call as he would win that race nine times out of ten and if Worrall had left him any room at all he would have won. He didn't panic like Lemon and play it too early.

The problem belle Vue has is their manager cocked it up and Adams made the right call. Woffinden may not have won the race but still the right call as he would win that race nine times out of ten and if Worrall had left him any room at all he would have won. He didn't panic like Lemon and play it too early.

Disagree. Adams should have used it a race later with Freddie as he had back up in PK. So very likely to be 7-2 or 8-1. But in the end didn't matter too much.

As said earlier, this was all a pre-meditated plan from Belle Vue to try and unsettle Woffinden.

If you had been there you would have heard the announcer RELENTLESSLY telling everyone how Wolves had acted outside the spirit of the sport how ridiculous it was that a World Champion was riding at No 4. It was constant.

Then there is the issue of them listing him in the program with a higher average than any of the Wolves riders allowing some fans to believe he was riding there illegally... a viewpoint enforced by the sarcastic comments made when announcing the riders in the race in each and every one of his races, suggesting that it was wrong he was in that position.

I'm not complaining about it, it actually made victory all the more sweeter. The Belle Vue fans around us on the back straight found it all somewhat cringeworthy (the announcer that is).

A center green announcer is not allowed to incite, say things that are untrue about the opposition and has to follow quite strict guidelines laid down by the scb. Failure to adhere to the guideline can result in a finand/or suspension. Looks like the guy on the mike either didn't knownor ignored the rules of an announcer.

By the way nice to meet you at Monmore last week.