British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

Excuse me?? Don't brand me Gavan with that brush!!

All teams are in it to win, if they arnt there is no point turning up. Wolves got it right this year with the change.

Gavan just clutching at straws as usual.

I agree the sport needs a bit of attitude, Lindgren was the best rider on the night and left Cook no room but it is a play off final, nobody is moaning about Worrall giving Tai no room in his tac ride. Fans giving riders stick and riders giving it back is a good thing.Belle Vue took it to them but like Poole at Wolves in the semi, crucial heat 12 when a 5-1 was expected and Clegg came up trumps with a clever cut back when Worrall tried to take him wide. Belle Vue fans will be disappointed but they have a fantastic track to watch every week and should be happy with their teams effort.

Yes the tv glossed over that one.

Great meeting yet again at the NSS. So lucky to be able to watch this kind of racing week in week out. Not seen the TV footage, but watching live, I thought that Freddie was hard on Cook, but Zagar gave it back to him on Lap 4. Cookie was wound up, so reacted, whilst Freddie accepted Matej's move. Hard racing - yes, but it was a final, so that's what we should hope for.

We lost it on Monday, plain and simple. Hopefully we will regroup and come back stronger. Aces are on the rise again.

Just like to add it is a fitting tribute to PK in finishing his career in Britain. He rode his socks off tonight and scored vital points . A true gentleman of the sport and a nicer person i have yet to meet.

• Like 9

Nothing wrong with that move. In the wrong game if he cant take that!

I agree Cook would not survive i a GP environment these moves are commonplace ,acted in the heat of the moment which maybe is understandable ,but after they met again in heat 15 acted like a pratt after the race again just before they went to get their medals and was going to kick off again till Gordon intervened.Total plonker in my book.
  • Like 1

On a slight tangent, once again tonight Sky apologised for ' strong language' when no one swore.

Interview with Richie Worrall....they must just assume people swear as he didn't.

If anything it draws attention to it so its counter productive...but when there IS no swearing its plain daft

He definitely said the f word, but it's not obvious with his accent.

Amazing meeting, great atmosphere, shame about the result. Loved the passion of Cook. Silly comments from Tai, good banter from the crowd.

• Like 1

Is there a track anywhere in the world better than Belle Vue?

Have to say it's very difficult to like Woffinden, he is simply obnoxious.

Can you imagine Collins, Loram, Craven getting booed, anywhere, ever?

• Like 4

The Good, no the Best..

What can I say.... What a brilliant night of racing, hard, brutal at times, but fair.......... If racing was as good as that all season, everywhere in the UK, then British Speedway wouldn't be in the mess it's in....

The Bad, no, awful..

Tai Woffinden in live interview, calling Belle Vue fans, not once, but twice "IDIOTS"!!!!!!!!

I cannot ever remember any sports person, ever, ever, saying anything like that on a TV/Radio interview..

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour, from an absolute IDIOT!!!

Bet that gets edited out of the reruns!!

Slight over reaction by you. Crowd gave him tons of stick and he rightly gave it back. I'm no Tai fan but boy did it add to the atmosphere, exactly what our meetings need. Calling some fans idiots is hardly crime of the century.

A good evening's viewing.

• Like 2

Dont bother attending much live speedway these days due to the quality on offer in this country but I am mighty pleased I went to that tonight, absolutely sensational racing on a fabulous track. For some reason Tai's opinion of himself seems to have got far to big this season and I dont like the way he now appears to conduct himself, a real shame because he is such a top rider, just let your riding do the talking not your big mouth. As he has done in the PL from time to time, Cook made an absolute plonker of himself tonight. It was the grand final for goodness sake, at that level of course you're going to get hard racing and thats all it was from Freddie. Again after heat 15 Cook showed his petulence by hand gesturing to Lindgren. A classic example in my opinion why he wont reach the top, he will always be a top PL rider and steady second heatleader in the EL but nothing more. Fair play to Joe Jacobs as well, was very impressive after Mondays wobble.

Roll on next season and some more trips to the NSS.

• Like 1

He definitely said the f word, but it's not obvious with his accent.

Point is it wasn't obvious. I thought he said 'felt like I didn't have any speed'.

Sky obviously thought he said 'f***ing didn't have any speed.

Sad as it sounds I've even looked at it again to see for sure.

If someone says the effin c knocked me off the effin track then fair do's but when its hardly audible who cares

Slight over reaction by you. Crowd gave him tons of stick and he rightly gave it back. I'm no Tai fan but boy did it add to the atmosphere, exactly what our meetings need. Calling some fans idiots is hardly crime of the century.

A good evening's viewing.

No, not an over reaction at all....

Great race meeting, great racing, great viewing, great banter, but you do not go on live TV and call any of the crowd they are "IDIOTS"

I have never ever heard a sports star say on live TV that some of the or any of the crowd are "IDIOTS"

It's just not done....

I challenge anyone to name another instance of this sort of behaviour, in an interview, on live TV, by any other sports person..

Sorry, it's not acceptable.

Congratulations to Wolverhampton Champions and commiserations to Belle Vue, who won the battle but lost the war

Having been there this evening, then watched it again on Sky.

I can understand Cooke's frustration, Stevie Worrall could have done to Woffinden what Lindgren did to him when Woffinden was on a T/R, but he didn't.

I can't comprehend why the track wasn't watered after heat 7, cashing in my "Grand Opening" disaster ticket or a seat in the Grand stand I didn't realise how dusty the track got.

I hindsight I suspect that Cooke would have chopped the nose off PK in the heat after the Woffinden TR.

Congrats to the Wolves on Winning the BEL. Anyone but Poole.

If the motorway agency stop making the M6 barely passable, 3 hours from Wolverhampton to Manchester, is absurd I would get a season ticket for the NSS.

• Like 1

Not dirty just hard and he lifted which didn't help. Worrall came right across on Woffinden in his tac ride.

Think you will find he clipped Cookie's front wheel, Worrall never touched Woffinden.

How many riders will try to pass Lindgren on the outside these days?? I wonder why??

• Like 1