British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

super meeting last night bit of everything lindgren was superb zagar had a good meeting only one rerun all night congratulation to wolves the aces had to much to do as for peter karlsson a legend in is own life time

What a terrific match, an exciting meeting to finish off the season. Congratulation to Wolves for winning the Elite League. Also to BV for being a fantastic opponents with wonderful race track. Last night was racing as it should be, fast flowing with not a thought of slowing down. This has always been my perception of how speedway should be and it never fails when you perform on fast tracks. Without taking anything away from Wolves, the two tracks used in the final were from each end of the spectrum and the advantage gained in the first leg, all be destroyed the event as a competition. In the end it was won by fine margins. Most riders had good and bad races ( with the exception of Freddie, who was without doubt the best on show over the two legs). Each rider dropped points but also stepped up when it mattered. PK was unbelievable, and even Clegg got in on the act with that important pass on Worrall Like Pete Adams said, BV was the best team of the year, but Wolves were best in October when it mattered...... Spot on ....

I too dislike Woffy 's attitude of late, he come across so arrogant now. I found last night he was too opinionated for his own good. Yeah, brilliant talent, exciting to watch but he doesn't have the personality that I appreciate. Personally, when you turn your back on your team to go and ride elsewhere, I don't think you can bask in any glory the team has achieved...

• Like 4

Spot on. If British Speedway had more tracks like Belle Vue and Kings Lynn then the sport would be far more enticing.

Belle Vue yes, King's Lynn I have to disagree.

Track isn't as good nowadays and seems to be a lot of gate and go.

what straws?? I said that when Poole make changes its totally fine as 'Ford is a promoter who isn't afraid to make changes' yet when Wolves do it its not acceptable to some Poole fans. Pirates of Poole said he wasn't one moaning about Tai so I have no idea what you mean by clutching at straws

I mean when you said Poole fans have a problem with it. No they don't. Name them then if you are so sure, remember you said 'some' so has to be more than one person!
  • Like 1

Why was Nige so over the top condemning Cook's bust up - I really like them as commentators but it was almost as if it was football.....oh dear oh dea,sad scenes etc.

Speedway's more like Ice hockey, bit of a punch up adds to the meeting.

• Like 2

Congratulations to Wolves a solid team. Great racing, great crowd in a great stadium. Belle Vue can certainly look forward to the future. The final wets the appetite for 2017, cmon bspa get the AGM right last night shows what speedway should be like.

Belle Vue yes, King's Lynn I have to disagree.

Track isn't as good nowadays and seems to be a lot of gate and go.

Sometimes, I agree with you . But the track shape remains the same. the main difference is the topping and how it is prepared. When set up for big meeting like the SWC it always produces good fast racing. Pity its not like that all the time.......

The sort of night that should do the sport plenty of good in years to come, tremenjus

The real winners this year are Belle Vue (ignore the last 2 meetings against a side with a circus sideshow track).

Great stadium, what an achievement and a brilliant season too.

Well done Aces.

• Like 1

Don't be so stupid. He is gutted. Do you really want a rider to be cheerful and happy and not caring less that they lost?? We have too many mercenary riders in British speedway, so it's nice to see someone genuinely caring that his team lost.

Correct if Woffy had half the passion for his beloved club nothing would stop him being in the team line up at the start of the season.

• Like 1

Great night of speedway last, congratulation to everyone at Wolverhampton Speedway on becoming 2016 Champions, best team over the two legs.

You do have to feel for Belle Vue, best team over the whole season but a poor night at Monmore last Monday meant they gave themselves to much to do round their own track though they put up a great fight. Maybe the BSPA could look at giving out a leagues winners shield or something, as the do on rugby league, as it seems unfair on Belle Vue to top the table and have nothing to show for their efforts.

So a few fans decided to boo Tai, I am sure he will be over it by now, though if you turn your back on riding for your Country, as Tai has done, then there`s a fair chance supporters will have their say.

• Like 2

A great meeting on a great race track ,shame that BV couldnt have stuck another 5-1 in early doors to turn the screw a bit more but well done to Wolves on the win over the two legs.after their performance at home i guessed they deserved it

Cant help thinking that Richie should be filling his boots at reserve now,brilliant win over Woffy[helped by Steve keeping Woffy on his toes] then letting Clegg pass him kind of sums him up,

Special mention for Joe Jacobs ,he rode really well and seem to have really taken to that big fast track

Cracking meeting. Congratulations to Wolves on becoming the champs. Best team over the 2 legs. Glad we gave you a fright tho! With regards to Woffy, he turns his back on British speedway, comes back here when it suits him so he can be the saviour and hero. Well I'm sorry but I cant stand the guys attitude. He was boo'ed early on but was giving all sorts of swear gestures to the grandstand after every single one of his heats. That riled the crowd up even more. Just clarifying that it wasn't a "build-up" of emotions from Tai after all the abuse. It was from the moment he completed and won his first race. He kept fuelling the fire from that point. Shame for the kids watching. To Tai's credit he came on the mic during the BV rider interviews and apologised "to the genuine fans" but I'm sorry it was too late. Let himself down big time. He is a pro and should act like one. By all means give the crowd some stick but not the gestures he was giving.

Just a final word for PK. The ultimate speedway gent and a major part in Wolves success. I was happy for him.

Great season for BV. Incredible racing all year. On to next season...

Edited by Ace no.5
  • Like 1

Think you will find he clipped Cookie's front wheel, Worrall never touched Woffinden.

How many riders will try to pass Lindgren on the outside these days?? I wonder why??

The reason he clipped the wheel is because he lifted it was a hard move but he was fighting to win the title.A lot of riders cut across when they get in front to stop the other rider from getting back at them just unfortunate he clipped his wheel.

Just a mention for Peter Karlsson he was instrumental in winning this title for the Wolves. Hes been a great professional and a tremendous rider throughout his career, totally loyal and someone certain other riders could well learn a lot from, total respect to the bloke.

• Like 3