British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

Lindgren, borderline dangerous. Cook's reaction is what you used to get most meetings and added to it all, cannot understand why Sky ignored it

100% I'd hate to see Speedway go the sanctimonious way of football. It's part of Speedway.

I think Woffinden said of Lingdren last Saturday, after he was cut in 2, that's one rider he wouldnt be trusting again???

he also said he saw it coming 5 seconds before , so why didn't he cut back ? Also watching it back Freddie doesn't go that close to woffinden and even if he did it's the world championship and he is there to win , not make friends or help out a fellow rider which is something woffinden seems to expect , I notice woffy not saying a word to holder when he closes the door to him on the back straight when they met
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with Heat 13. Hard but fair, that's speedway. If Cookie can't handle the heat, he shouldn't be in the top flight.

• Like 1

On the football note, Tai's behavior would be deemed to be inciting the crowd, which no doubt would be a sending off or a heavy fine. We all like a pantomime villain, but swearing at fans and show boating more than necessary lacks class. I would expect more from the out going world champion.

Edited by Jason.C
  • Like 4

Have to say if there was going to be a right old set to between the Chelsea and Arsenal benches with players jumping in together with backroon staff, the Sky cameras would be all over it and it would be analysed from every angle.

Last night Sky acted like a pitch invasion and pulled the cameras away. Just don't get their reasoning.

• Like 2

ONE thing I did find annoying last night was the 10 plus minutes gap between Heats 14 and 15. Okay, Wolves clinched the title after Heat 14 but surely Sky could have waited for one more race to do whatever they did ... didn't see as was in the grandstand.

It was a bitterly cold night, with a very strong wind howling across the stadium and I'm sure most people there just wanted to get on with it.

Incidentally, about a previous comment about Nigel Pearson and gloves ... he and KT were positioned at the centre of bends 3/4 with no protection from the wind and were, in their words, "bloody freezing."

• Like 2

Have to say if there was going to be a right old set to between the Chelsea and Arsenal benches with players jumping in together with backroon staff, the Sky cameras would be all over it and it would be analysed from every angle.

Last night Sky acted like a pitch invasion and pulled the cameras away. Just don't get their reasoning.

Maybe it's because most of us are more concerned with Speedway RACING rather than a ridiculous incident involving someone throwing his toys out of the pram?

Maybe football coverage would focus on it more Steve - let's be honest, it would probably be about the most exciting thing to happen over the course of 90 minutes.

Well done to Sky in my book for not detracting from the entertainment of the meeting.

As for the incident itself......I remember bigger rucks in my school playground.

Ignore it.

Move on.

Get racing!

ONE thing I did find annoying last night was the 10 plus minutes gap between Heats 14 and 15. Okay, Wolves clinched the title after Heat 14 but surely Sky could have waited for one more race to do whatever they did ... didn't see as was in the grandstand.

It was a bitterly cold night, with a very strong wind howling across the stadium and I'm sure most people there just wanted to get on with it.

Incidentally, about a previous comment about Nigel Pearson and gloves ... he and KT were positioned at the centre of bends 3/4 with no protection from the wind and were, in their words, "bloody freezing."

Well at least Kelvin was well wrapped up, no gloves either.... proper coat, a coat from the top drawer.

ikeamonkey.jpg

• Like 1

On the football note, Tai's behavior would be deemed to be inciting the crowd, which no doubt would be a sending off or a heavy fine. We all like a pantomime villain, but swearing at fans and show boating more than necessary lacks class. I would expect more from the out going world champion.

I'm sure a football league player was sent off last weekend for aiming hand gestures towards the crowd. There are better ways of handling the booing but im more disappointed in Tai calling fans 'scum' in his statement after the meeting.

• Like 1

I agree - hopefully the AGM might change things, but I somehow doubt it.

Can you imagine the Barclays Premier League with just eight teams in it? Variety is the spice of life!

Rye House and Ipswich joining with Leicester to go down would increase it by 1.

What's for sure though is that we need more teams and more meetings.

He definitely said the f word, but it's not obvious with his accent.

if it had been Tai it would have given the haters more chance to hate.

Poor manners by Cook.

If all speedway was as good as that then we'd have sell out crowds every week. Exactly as it should be. Hard racing, riders stropping, bit of handbags and passing galore.

Loved it!

exactly. That's why the play offs are so good. Thank good we haven't got the usual misery moaning about them.

Tai's got small man syndrome

Cook has not good enough to race abroad or in the GP syndrome.

• Like 1

I'm sure a football league player was sent off last weekend for aiming hand gestures towards the crowd. There are better ways of handling the booing but im more disappointed in Tai calling fans 'scum' in his statement after the meeting.

Really? Perhaps he's trying to get a ban until oohhh........... let's say next September :lol:

Fair play to Peter Adams in his summing up. Belle Vue and Poole were the 2 best teams over the season, but Wolves were the best in October. Job Done.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Don`t think Tai actually called the fans booing him scum, but he did say they were idiots, I thought he should've been better than that and simply get on a win the play offs, which he did, IMO the perfect answer to his critics.

Congratulations to Wolves on winning and I'm pleased to see one of my favourite riders Peter Karlsson, leave the sport he loves on a high.

• Like 2