British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

To be fair, BWitchrr was there and said he heard the comment about Woffinden's father. Nobody else has said they heard it and it was in the South Stand so I think we can say with almost absolute certainty that Woffinden wouldn't have heard it so it has no bearing whatsoever on his comments.

Woffinden has withdrawn the comment, end of story, let's get back to appreciating the excellent racing and brilliant atmosphere.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

If you want stevebrum to admit he was wrong you are in for a long wait!

• Like 3

Let's not tarnish a brilliant night of speedway. Great racing, great atmosphere and great drama.

When speedway is good, it's VERY good.

I'm disappointed in the result but not with the occasion. Well done Wolves!

• Like 1

You just won't have it will you, stick some earphones on and have a proper listen, I've already told you what Richie Worrall said but you continue to suggest he swore and don't accept you are wrong on this one. Just because Nigel apologised for it doesn't mean it happened.

I can't do more than hand you the evidence on a plate, what other evidence would you need to put you in a position to say you were wrong in calling Richie unprofessional?

I've already forgiven Tai for the scum comment because he's retracted/removed it. You seem to conveniently believe that someone shouted something about his late father yet there is no 'clear evidence' of this, that's having double standards. Do you know of any other sick comments that were made, or are you just relying on hearsay.

I know it's getting heavy going but sometimes these things just get accepted as fact because they are referred to enough times, well I don't think it's fair on Richie or the Belle Vue crowd.

You have the evidence regarding Richie yet can't hear it, you have no evidence whatsoever regarding any sick comments about Rob Woffinden but you choose to believe they were made.

Let's move on then eh, it's clear you won't accept that you were wrong.

I have already said it's unclear what Richie said hence my added comment hence why Nigel apologised. I've listened to it 6 times and I still can't be sure what he said!

so I'm more than happy to give him the benefit of the doubt if that's what you claim to be correct.

There IS clear evidence the comment about Rob was made however if Tai is aware of it or heard it us unlikely to be concluded.

It's clear that I question things I'm unsure of!

If you want stevebrum to admit he was wrong you are in for a long wait!

Better read the comment above then. :rofl::t:

I have already said it's unclear what Richie said hence my added comment hence why Nigel apologised. I've listened to it 6 times and I still can't be sure what he said!

so I'm more than happy to give him the benefit of the doubt if that's what you claim to be correct.

There IS clear evidence the comment about Rob was made however if Tai is aware of it or heard it us unlikely to be concluded.

So you were wrong in calling Richie very unprofessional, is that what you're saying?

Here's the problem though, you say there is clear evidence of the comments about Rob, can you elaborate please?

There's only one person on here who has said they heard this abuse, funnily enough the same poster has confirmed that Richie didn't swear. So if you are willing to rely 100% with that poster's account of the abuse why would you not accept that Richie didn't swear and admit you were wrong?

Thing is Steve you haven't said you were wrong in calling Richie unprofessional for swearing on tv, you just offered the benefit of doubt because it's what I claim.

It seems Gordon Bennett is correct in his post above.

I'm done with this now, wouldn't normally bother dragging things out to this degree but you wound me up with your lies and smug attitude.

So you were wrong in calling Richie very unprofessional, is that what you're saying?

Here's the problem though, you say there is clear evidence of the comments about Rob, can you elaborate please?

There's only one person on here who has said they heard this abuse, funnily enough the same poster has confirmed that Richie didn't swear. So if you are willing to rely 100% with that poster's account of the abuse why would you not accept that Richie didn't swear and admit you were wrong?

Thing is Steve you haven't said you were wrong in calling Richie unprofessional for swearing on tv, you just offered the benefit of doubt because it's what I claim.

It seems Gordon Bennett is correct in his post above.

I'm done with this now, wouldn't normally bother dragging things out to this degree but you wound me up with your lies and smug attitude.

What do you want, a hand written apology signed in blood?

I have already said if Richie didn't swear as I've already stated then obviously I retract that statement (I assume you afford me the same respect you gave Woffy for removing his remark? ?).

you keep on dragging up that you are trying to prove me wrong when I've already accepted that.

You yourself in your previous statement have confirmed that one person heard the offending comment , so we can agree it was said then I guess.

No idea what 'smug attitude' you refer to, I have already stated that I was more than likely wrong in not hearing the interview correctly and have now agreed the remark about Richie was not warranted. So I guess we can wrap it up.

so no Gordon Bennett wasn't right. Sometimes you have to be the bigger man to accept sometimes you have got something wrong. I have no issue with that.

No further comment is required unless you would like to accept that I was wrong of course.

"There is clear evidence the comment about Rob was made " clear evidence ,,, where ? and from whom ?

Edited by WestGorton1884

One person has reported hearing it said in the South Stand which means that there is no way Woffinden could have heard it so it has no relevance to his calling fans scum.

However, he has removed that word from his Facebook comments which means he admits it was wrong to be so abusive. Not man enough to apologise but he has removed it so let's forget it and move on. It would be a shame to let it overshadow such a brilliant meeting.

• Like 2

Got to watch this leg for the first time this afternoon I thought it was an excellent match and great advert for the sport.

• Like 2

Sorry its a bit late but a few impressions of Wednesday night. Firstly well done Belle Vue,had trouble buying a ticket on line but one phone call all sorted by their obliging staff. After a nightmare journey from the midlands , plenty of parking, and smooth quick ticket collection and onto back straight terrace. Was able to buy a beer without all the tops off bottle rubbish. Walked on to the terrace in my Wolves shirt only to get a few boo's from a family behind me. The meeting and track were first class and if Belle Vue had acquitted themselves a bit better in the first leg I have no doubt they would have won. What did surprise me was the hostility of the home fans who seemed more interested in booing the away riders on there way to the tapes. While I have sympathy for Belle Vue topping the league, we are all aware of the play off system.Not only this but the guy in the box kept repeating himself saying Belle Vue were best team all year "we didn't do what Poole did " "we didn't have to bring the World Champion in " etc . My sympathy for Belle Vue's predicament was starting to wear off the longer the stadium announcer went on. But overall a good night with top racing. And lastly thanks to Sky sports for making us wait 20 minutes between heats 14 and 15 to fit their TV schedules . CHEERS, we do have homes to got to .

• Like 1

"There is clear evidence the comment about Rob was made " clear evidence ,,, where ? and from whom ?

A poster on here has already confirmed they heard, assuming you aren't prepared them a liar?

Heard in the stands.

Time to move this on as it's been debated to death.At least one fan heard it and whether Tai heard it is not confirmed.

Let's not tarnish a brilliant night of speedway. Great racing, great atmosphere and great drama.

When speedway is good, it's VERY good.

I'm disappointed in the result but not with the occasion. Well done Wolves!

Spot on...

The conundrum for the BSPA is how they get 'that' on track every week.

By 'that' I mean two teams with their own riders riding in a competition that had some meaning..

Must be honest even as a BV fan I wasn't too bothered who won the overall Championship as sadly it is so devalued throughout the year by its qualification meetings consistently seeing various 'select teams' race against each other.

In Speedway (The British version) the two finalists are invariably delivered by all the other competitors 'helping out' which cannot help crowd levels on a week by week basis, as no one can really take the Competition that seriously.

Or, more sadly, give the 'Champions' tag the accolade and respect it deserves..

Super League have a League Winners Shield so Speedway should too. At least it would mean that the last three or four meetings, pre the play offs, still have some relevance for teams already a 'shoe in' for the play offs..

As has been shown, make the EVENT have some true relevance with regards to its outcome, and ensure it has the clear sporting integrity that a 'professional sports' competition should have, and you can deliver more than decent crowds in British Speedway..

Doing it every week at every track surely isn't beyond the wit of man?

(Or woman obviously)...

And finally to wrap it all up. To Paul Smith, Belle Vue Aces rider of 1993. It took a long time, but we finally got some reparation (partial) for 1993.

So up yours Smithy !

• Like 2

And finally to wrap it all up. To Paul Smith, Belle Vue Aces rider of 1993. It took a long time, but we finally got some reparation (partial) for 1993.

So up yours Smithy !

Eh? Why Paul Smith in particular?