British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Sec Final Round 2018 Chorzow Saturday September 15th

As i said on another thread,the BSPA now have a National Stadium that needs big meetings.In reality there are only very few big meetings and there are a number of tracks after them.It is absolutely necessary now for the BSPA to climb down from their high horse and deal with One Sport so that they can get one of the few big meetings that is reasonably possible to host each year i.e an SEC Final round

I dont have a problem with BSPA or ACU hosting a SEC round. My problem is that all FIM Europe fed's had until Sep 30th to apply for allocations slots. Having received them (what I would have done) theyve combined the lists, seen how many applicants and how many slots and made a preliminary list of how it's done. They had a big conference last weekend to go over things like this. Now if they start taking late entries 6 weeks after deadline from fed's that have a history of not giving a ffökc, I think thats wrong. Mainly because I know Poland is not the one having to give their slots away, it's the smaller countries like us. Dont like that at all...

• Like 2

I dont have a problem with BSPA or ACU hosting a SEC round. My problem is that all FIM Europe fed's had until Sep 30th to apply for allocations slots. Having received them (what I would have done) theyve combined the lists, seen how many applicants and how many slots and made a preliminary list of how it's done. They had a big conference last weekend to go over things like this. Now if they start taking late entries 6 weeks after deadline from fed's that have a history of not giving a ffökc, I think thats wrong. Mainly because I know Poland is not the one having to give their slots away, it's the smaller countries like us. Dont like that at all...

Not saying it is right,and not saying it is wrong.Just saying if i was in their position that is what i would do.Money talks.In my opinion there are only a few big meetings that are going to bring in decent crowds.They ain't going to holst a GP.So it is SWC rounds and an SEC Final.SWC finals will only be given every few years.So it has to be an SWC quali and an SEC Final.U21 finals don't really attract that many in my experience.

I am a supporter of the little men as much as the next person.Realistically you should be looking to get Sandhoppers into the Champions League :P

Not saying it is right,and not saying it is wrong.Just saying if i was in their position that is what i would do.Money talks.In my opinion there are only a few big meetings that are going to bring in decent crowds.They ain't going to holst a GP.So it is SWC rounds and an SEC Final.SWC finals will only be given every few years.So it has to be an SWC quali and an SEC Final.U21 finals don't really attract that many in my experience.

I am a supporter of the little men as much as the next person.Realistically you should be looking to get Sandhoppers into the Champions League :P

Yeah, realistically. :rofl:

Porin Nopea Racing actually won it having used two different Elitserien riders (Kylmä and Edberg) and one PL rider (Lunna). And we would actually be the closest to have a team without a huge fuss of who's allowed to appear for who.

EDIT: Forgot to add that if it's ever ridden again.

Edited by f-s-p
  • Like 2

We've applied for two or three riders for both SEC and SGP qualis. Expecting 1-2 gp and hopefully 2 SEC slots.

And F U too for undermining us. The way your system is crashing down ATM will see you passing us on the way down in the not too distant future...

• Like 1

Realistically speaking though, does Finland even have any riders to send to SEC?

At Under 21 Level, Finland arguably has a better set of riders than Sweden at present...Lunna, Mustonen and Partanen are a match for anything Sweden has to offer. Anyone who seems to think the situation in Sweden is healthy is deluded at best.

At senior level, I would guess that Timo Lahti would be a shoe in for a qualifying place and would at least have a fair shot at getting to the SEC Final Qualifier. After that, I guess it would be a question of which other riders would want to participate, but to say Finland wouldn't have any riders to sent to the SEC is a little odd.

Edited by moomin man 76

AFAIK Lahti have picked up Swedish license and passport.

I also think that Lunna intends to do the same.

At least will ride on a Swedish licence, not sure about the passport.

AFAIK Lahti have picked up Swedish license and passport.

I also think that Lunna intends to do the same.

At least will ride on a Swedish licence, not sure about the passport.

Doesnt matter, they can ride on SML allocation slots.

Doesnt matter, they can ride on SML allocation slots.

I thought the conclusion was that it isn't allowed to do so, judging by what you said about Rasmus Jensen riding in the DMU qualifiers last

season on a Danish license while using a Swedish license in Elitserien?

Imo a rider should not be able to pick and choose. If he/she decides to change licenses / nationality then they'll have to accept the consequences

such as not being able to ride in qualifiers due to larger competition from other riders of the same license/nationality that he changed to.

Not being able to use the old license/nationality for int. champ. qualifiers but the new license for league racing.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 2

I thought the conclusion was that it isn't allowed to do so, judging by what you said about Rasmus Jensen riding in the DMU qualifiers last

season on a Danish license while using a Swedish license in Elitserien?

Imo a rider should not be able to pick and choose. If he/she decides to change licenses / nationality then they'll have to accept the consequences

such as not being able to ride in qualifiers due to larger competition from other riders of the same license/nationality that he changed to.

Not being able to use the old license/nationality for int. champ. qualifiers but the new license for league racing.

Rasmus Jensen did it in 2015, Timo Lahti in 2016.

The interpretation? Of the rule changed with RJ case, so same rules now for everybody and I'm happy.

As i said on another thread,the BSPA now have a National Stadium . . .

Is that factually correct? Do the BSPA have a stadium?

Is that factually correct? Do the BSPA have a stadium?

Within their sphere of influence,yes.To be considered for big meetings,yes

Two rounds in Poland it seems with Torun on 03.06 and Lublin on 16.09.... TBC ofcourse.

Date slots:

30.06 – Finale 1 - TBC (PL)
15.07 – Finale 2 - TBC (DE)
05.08 – Finale 3 - TBC (SE)
16.09 – Finale 4 - TBC (PL)

So I guess Torun will host the first one, then Gustrow the second. Lublin to finish it.

ACU once again did not request any slots for the qualifiers, on the other hand: 22 other federations did request places :)

...ACU once again did not request any slots for the qualifiers...

Hands up anyone who's surprised? Keep your hands up whilst I count...