British Speedway Forum

Time to move on now from this sorry and damaging saga, what's done is done time to make belle vue the success it should be

• Like 9

I liked Eddie smiths comment about southwell and rice being pain in the arses to deal with.

That says everything you need to know about the guys.

They always get what they set out to do even if it takes longer than it should.

This should bold well for us in the future. And hopefully for speedway in general in this country.

They will not be walked over.

Happy days are round the corner

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 2

See why Morton & Gordon were booted out, that's shocking :o

As the clerk has already said the track 3 and 4 bends were soft in the afternoon ..its a myth that the problem only came at night ..Gordon and Morton were hoping the riders were just poodle round and get some kind of meeting done so they never had to give any refunds out . where has all the gate money sky and sponsor money gone from last year if no bills were being paid .maybe mr riseing seeing he so freindly with gordon can give some answers

Is it so hard to wait until we can legally hear the old promotions side of things.

Truly is time to move on but some are a "bit" stubborn to do that.

I try one more time and the last time.

Quote from Dave Gordon in the SS... "in the week leading up to the opening event the weather was dry but cold and eventually the track showed signs of reacting positively to all the preparation work and the Speedway Control Bureau (SCB) inspectors, Graham Reeve and Alan Bridget, made two visits during the week and the track was tested during daytime and signed off and officially certified by the SCB on March 18"

Note 2 inspectors from SCB signed the track off and officially certified it as such.

A problem was known, but no one knew what the problem was.....the real problem was hidden, only to be revealed fully when the track was done up. Initially it was thought bend 3-4 was not settled as much as the other parts of the track as bends 3-4 were the last to be completed.

As to finance... DG says "we had spent and committed £350k in the immediate run-up to the stadium opening on track and stadium equipment, stadium systems and IT" I presume that is part of the £500k that the new promotors are having to pay now.

Is there anything there that the doubters/questioners dont understand. If not, then lets move on..

• Like 5

I liked Eddie smiths comment about southwell and rice being pain in the arses to deal with.

That says everything you need to know about the guys.

They always get what they set out to do even if it takes longer than it should.

This should bold well for us in the future. And hopefully for speedway in general in this country.

They will not be walked over.

Happy days are round the corner

The Aces are riding in 2017 and so that is a reason to believe that happy days are around the corner. But if these new promoters are anything like suggested here i.e. " they will not be walked over" how well are they going to get on with the BSPA, now that they are members? Is change really going to come from within at last? Several others have tried including those with business acumen and they have failed.

The Aces are riding in 2017 and so that is a reason to believe that happy days are around the corner. But if these new promoters are anything like suggested here i.e. " they will not be walked over" how well are they going to get on with the BSPA, now that they are members? Is change really going to come from within at last? Several others have tried including those with business acumen and they have failed.

Yep. It's a massive test for them. It's going to be interesting in how they react to the bspa's stubbornness

• Like 1

Yes I sure can.

They are having to pay around 500k to pay of debts so straight away they are starting on a negative.

Therefore they have a smaller budget for a few years till as they say steady the ship and then go from there

And yet there are some on here who complain about the Chairman of the BSPA contacting the MCC to get more facts, having heard presumably that big numbers were being clocked up by G and M. He must have been horrified at the debt levels which were totally unrealistic.

Anyway, delighted that with all parties getting together and thrashing out what seems to be a reasonable deal to all. We can now move on with live speedway, but i think some defendants of the clubs activities this season need to take stock of their 'loyalty'.

• Like 2

And yet there are some on here who complain about the Chairman of the BSPA contacting the MCC to get more facts, having heard presumably that big numbers were being clocked up by G and M. He must have been horrified at the debt levels which were totally unrealistic.

Anyway, delighted that with all parties getting together and thrashing out what seems to be a reasonable deal to all. We can now move on with live speedway, but i think some defendants of the clubs activities this season need to take stock of their 'loyalty'.

only when the full facts are published, we could have a very long wait, maybe even years.

If the amount MCC withheld from ISG over the track/stadium defects had been given as compensation to G&M wouldn't that have covered the stated £500,000 the new owners have allegedly cleared? I was under the impression that money from MCC had not been forthcoming hence the formers financial difficulties, or have I got that wrong?

Given the apparent level of debt run up, Belle vue are very fortunate to be coming to the tapes this year. Other sports may have seen them kicked out of the league.

• Like 4

It was encouraging to hear last night that commitment to have Belle Vue at the NSS is firm, right up to the top man at the MCC.

If the amount MCC withheld from ISG over the track/stadium defects had been given as compensation to G&M wouldn't that have covered the stated £500,000 the new owners have allegedly cleared? I was under the impression that money from MCC had not been forthcoming hence the formers financial difficulties, or have I got that wrong?

Thats how understand it.

having laid out £350,000 on the stadium on the lead up to the opening meeting, BV promoters needed matches at home to generate income.

The cancelled PC Mem meeting cost promoters money, then a run of home meetings cancelled meant more income lost, whilst away matches played costing the promoters more money. The die was set, playing catch up was too difficult. The loss assessors calculated the loss of business amounted to £696,782, a sum MCC didnt pay to ICG, neither did it pay to the BV promoters it appears, if they had then things may well have been very different.

• Like 1

i can understand the relief , even euphoria of fans to finally see real progress instead of rumours and promises but is a Premier Lge strength Peter Craven Memorial (at best) a fair exchange for any fan who has held on to their ticket to help the club , remembering that the original line-up was probably not even bettered by the british g.p.

i can understand the relief , even euphoria of fans to finally see real progress instead of rumours and promises but is a Premier Lge strength Peter Craven Memorial (at best) a fair exchange for any fan who has held on to their ticket to help the club , remembering that the original line-up was probably not even bettered by the british g.p.

I think that's just nitpicking, the bigger picture should please everyone, whether they bought tickets or not.

• Like 1