British Speedway Forum

Was the BT deal just for this season

My understanding is that sky had a contract but decided they did not want to go ahead with it so they "gave" it to BT at no charge but BT has to pick up all the costs of showing it. But that arrangements ends at the end of the season so BT will then have to decide whether they want to negotiate a new deal. Not 100% sure that I am right with all of that.

• Like 1

My understanding is that sky had a contract but decided they did not want to go ahead with it so they "gave" it to BT at no charge but BT has to pick up all the costs of showing it. But that arrangements ends at the end of the season so BT will then have to decide whether they want to negotiate a new deal. Not 100% sure that I am right with all of that.

That is how I understand it too.

I don't know for definite though.

They must be interested because they took up the rights for the World Cup that SKY didn't have for several years.

I can see why Belle Vue fans feel harshly treated.

Wolves legitimately replaced Joonas with Tai with at least 6 matches to go so totally within the rules although obvious why people seemed upset.

Poole then bring in a GP star SOLELY for the play offs...after the cut off dates for a 'season ending' injury..typical Poole stunt that wonderfully backfired.

Yet Belle Vue can now do nothing to replace Fricke.

Why can Poole bend the rules after last seasons cut off date, yet Belle Vue have a genuine injury and cant replace him?

• Like 6

Gavan, on 03 Aug 2017 - 2:29 PM, said:

Wolves legitimately replaced Joonas with Tai with at least 6 matches to go so totally within the rules although obvious why people seemed upset.

Poole then bring in a GP star SOLELY for the play offs...after the cut off dates for a 'season ending' injury..typical Poole stunt that wonderfully backfired.

Why can Poole bend the rules after last seasons cut off date, yet Belle Vue have a genuine injury and cant replace him?

Why can Poole bend the rules after last seasons cut off date, yet Belle Vue have a genuine injury and cant replace him? ...

I don't think you really need three quarters of the forum to answer that for you do you ?

Why is the rule there in the first place ? a genuine injury replace him again the supporters are the one's who suffers more guests and R/R they need to rip up that pathetic rulebook up and start again.
  • Like 1

Why is the rule there in the first place ? a genuine injury replace him again the supporters are the one's who suffers more guests and R/R they need to rip up that pathetic rulebook up and start again.

Exactly right.

Once again the poor Supporter is expected to pay the same money for what is, in effect, an inferior product.

The ones whinging are the ones who have been celebrating these rule changes all season long.

• Like 1

The ones whinging are the ones who have been celebrating these rule changes all season long.

Assume they diddnt know they couldn't have a change for a genuine injured rider.

I saw no problem with tai last year, lindback for hans was a bit suspicious but it diddnt help in the end anyway.

So the transfer deadline is A good thing but whoever decided you couldn't change an GENUINE injured rider after the cut off needs shooting.

Incidently there was a meeting on Tuesday st rugby about this matter and all but Ford voted to keep the rule, a few hours later and I bet lemon would have changed his vote

Why can Poole bend the rules after last seasons cut off date, yet Belle Vue have a genuine injury and cant replace him? ...

I don't think you really need three quarters of the forum to answer that for you do you ?

Poole used the rule that was there legitimately - until of course hans ride again at which point they should have lost the facility.

The facility to replace injured rider was removed to prevent any such abuse - it's just unlucky that we've had an injury. Though who are we thinking we would have got in who is better than rr?

The rules which is more likely to cost aces the title and is the really stupid one is the rule that said at the start of the season a 1.4 multiplier was attached but once the point limit dropped to 42 NO multiplier attached. The only possible logical decision was a multiplier of 1.2 to apply. Fair play to Swindon for taking advantage but musielak should have had an average 20% higher which would have stopped them making the swap they did.

• Like 1

So the transfer deadline is A good thing but whoever decided you couldn't change an GENUINE injured rider after the cut off needs shooting.

Incidently there was a meeting on Tuesday st rugby about this matter and all but Ford voted to keep the rule, a few hours later and I bet lemon would have changed his vote

So in effect it did what it was intended for I'm afraid, 2 riders ready to replace "injured" others!!l Sadly you are the one's to suffer

Again Matt Ford the only promoter to see the folly of not being able to make injury replacements. Just goes to show how he understands the rules and the repercussions of an injury after the cut off date, where others think they are invincible until an injury comes knocking.

Bad luck to Belle Vue on losing Fricke. Poole fans know what its like from last season when we lost Hans at Leicester. Not replaceable but you just have to get on with it.

Advantage Wolves if they steer clear of any injuries.

Again Matt Ford the only promoter to see the folly of not being able to make injury replacements. Just goes to show how he understands the rules and the repercussions of an injury after the cut off date, where others think they are invincible until an injury comes knocking.

Bad luck to Belle Vue on losing Fricke. Poole fans know what its like from last season when we lost Hans at Leicester. Not replaceable but you just have to get on with it.

if it wasn't for Ford trying to cheat all the time this situation would have not come about
  • Like 5

if it wasn't for Ford trying to cheat all the time this situation would have not come about

That about sums it up.

Always the same, someone tries to get round a rule means another rule is introduced, and so it goes on.

Then comes the day when there is a genuine case and there i no wiggle room.

Of course, there is an unwritten rule - rules can be broken when justified - is there a will to bend it for BV in this circumstance.

You talk tosh

You lost Hans with what can be described as a dubious injury. Then replaced him with a top gp star who had won the Cardiff GP!! Hardly irreplaceable.just for once this time Pooles rule bending backfired.

Lets be fair its Pooles constant bending of the rules that leads us down this path

• Like 1