British Speedway Forum

It's been perfectly clear all year that this was the cut-off date for ANY changes. As soon as it was announced I could see that it was not a good thing.

But why is this rule here? Because the very people who are upset that they can't replace an injured rider complained last year because Poole did just that, so the rule was brought in. Anyone could see it was a daft rule apart from those who thought it up. But think it up they did.

It's a stupid rule. The very nature of speedway is that you often get season-ending injuries - as we have now seen at Swindon and Belle Vue and could happen to anyone else at any time. But it was brought in to appease the very people who now don't like it because it had affected their own team.

It's called karma.

• Like 1

Advantage Wolves if they steer clear of any injuries.

Not really, advantage Belle Vue.

As we know in last year's final Fricke went missing at Monmore.

Bjerre, Cook and Worrall are all much better riders at Monmore than Fricke. Come the play-offs, if the two teams clash, it could swing things the Aces way.

Incidently there was a meeting on Tuesday st rugby about this matter and all but Ford voted to keep the rule, a few hours later and I bet lemon would have changed his vote

Then Belle Vue can have absolutely nothing to complain about as they have voted for the rule themselves.

Is the rule stupid? Of course, but that's the rules.

It's been perfectly clear all year that this was the cut-off date for ANY changes. As soon as it was announced I could see that it was not a good thing.

But why is this rule here? Because the very people who are upset that they can't replace an injured rider complained last year because Poole did just that, so the rule was brought in. Anyone could see it was a daft rule apart from those who thought it up. But think it up they did.

It's a stupid rule. The very nature of speedway is that you often get season-ending injuries - as we have now seen at Swindon and Belle Vue and could happen to anyone else at any time. But it was brought in to appease the very people who now don't like it because it had affected their own team.

It's called karma.

Among plenty of others.

• Like 1

Not really, advantage Belle Vue.

As we know in last year's final Fricke went missing at Monmore.

Bjerre, Cook and Worrall are all much better riders at Monmore than Fricke. Come the play-offs, if the two teams clash, it could swing things the Aces way.

Then Belle Vue can have absolutely nothing to complain about as they have voted for the rule themselves.

Is the rule stupid? Of course, but that's the rules.

When Ritchie is released by Poole to accommodate Kurtz back could he join Belle Vue with a bit of dispensation!

With all this talk of R/R, and possible guests, who's to say that Max might not be back within a few weeks, does anyone have specific details of Max's injury, who's actually said that he is out of the play offs.

You talk tosh

You lost Hans with what can be described as a dubious injury. Then replaced him with a top gp star who had won the Cardiff GP!! Hardly irreplaceable.just for once this time Pooles rule bending backfired.

Lets be fair its Pooles constant bending of the rules that leads us down this path

Dubious injury? Did you not see the photos Andersen tweeted of his injury? It ended his season and left us vunerable when it mattered. Here's Fricke out of control crashing into Andersen.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/resources/images/5573250.jpg

Courtesy Steve Dixon.

Dubious injury? Did you not see the photos Andersen tweeted of his injury? It ended his season and left us vunerable when it mattered. Here's Fricke out of control crashing into Andersen.

Courtesy Steve Dixon.

You could almost say he mean't it..

Edited by Starman2006

Some say, Rules are Rules and must be obeyed.

The more enlightened say Rules are Rules and the spirit of the Rules should be adhered to.

Firstly, commiserations to Fricke on such a nasty injury and good wishes for a swift recovery.

It is, obviously, tough on Belle Vue to lose his services (putting to one side the possibility of an early return). But it is, for good or ill, much easier to enforce the letter of a rule rather than its spirit. How many injuries, to riders of what calibre, are you suggesting to prompt an exception? What happens if that exception is made for one club and not another in broadly similar circumstances? Where is the line drawn?

Try to show at least an iota of common sense.

Surely please tell me you are not serious with that quote

• Like 3

Firstly, commiserations to Fricke on such a nasty injury and good wishes for a swift recovery.

It is, obviously, tough on Belle Vue to lose his services (putting to one side the possibility of an early return). But it is, for good or ill, much easier to enforce the letter of a rule rather than its spirit. How many injuries, to riders of what calibre, are you suggesting to prompt an exception? What happens if that exception is made for one club and not another in broadly similar circumstances? Where is the line drawn?

Try to show at least an iota of common sense.

Do you honestly think i'm being serious. Dear me..

Courtesy Steve Dixon.

Steve i saw his fingers after that, he had no chance of riding.

It's called karma.

Karma ? , Absolute rubbish

We're suffering ( yet again ) because certain other clubs have bent / twisted the rules for years

This latest kick in balls involves not being able to replace a rider with genuinely serious injury

I.E ,Broken bones in his neck , with a like for like replacement .

thats not Karma , its a ******* travesty !

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

Karma ? , Absolute rubbish

We're suffering (yet again) because certain other clubs have bent / twisted the rules for years

This latest kick in balls involves not being able to replace a rider with genuinely serious injury

I.E ,Broken bones in his neck , with a like for like replacement .

thats not Karma , its a ******* travesty !

But apparently Belle Vue recently voted to keep this rule.

I agree that it is crazy that you can't have a replacement, but everyone clearly thought Poole would bring in Chris Holder and voted to keep it.

Poole probably wanted to bring in Chris Holder and voted to scrap it.

Everyone voted for themselves rather than seeing the bigger picture, which is the possibility of teams full of guests and r/r come the end of the year.

I actually agree with you. You should be able to sign a replacement. But everyone complained last year because Poole and Wolves brought riders in, and this is the result of that.

I'm agreeing with you.

• Like 2

But apparently Belle Vue recently voted to keep this rule.

I agree that it is crazy that you can't have a replacement, but everyone clearly thought Poole would bring in Chris Holder and voted to keep it.

Poole probably wanted to bring in Chris Holder and voted to scrap it.

Everyone voted for themselves rather than seeing the bigger picture, which is the possibility of teams full of guests and r/r come the end of the year.

I actually agree with you. You should be able to sign a replacement. But everyone complained last year because Poole and Wolves brought riders in, and this is the result of that.

I'm agreeing with you.

My apologies , but quite a few fans talk like BV are trying to replace J Smith with Dudek !!

Erm, he did ride. In Poland. After he was replaced at Poole due to a season ending injury!

Starman2006, on 03 Aug 2017 - 6:00 PM, said:

Do you honestly think i'm being serious. Dear me..

Did he not ride again that season then??