British Speedway Forum

Dont want be selling all our best riders , without a team they may as well fold anyway ?

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

Surely we can pay the debts of by selling our rider assets.

What is the "our" that you talk about?

The assets of the extinct former Belle Vue promotion are now in the hands of the BSPA. They are to be sold off to pay the former promotion's speedway debts. Any excess money after the assets are sold, and the speedway debts are paid, goes back to the former promotion.

At the moment the BSPA have those assets ringfenced to be sold en masse to a new Belle Vue promotion. This is almost certainly what will happen. If there was no new Belle Vue promotion to buy all the assets in one lump, they would have to be sold individually to other promoters

• Like 2

Looking better now that my big fat gypsy promoter is not involved. Not what he wanted but it's better for us Aces than his puppet promoters would have been.

So like Hitler he failed to stop The Aces.

We also dodged a bullet at No1 today, imo.

Might even get my season ticket for Christmas.

Buster, as a Geordie might describe him "Norfolk and good"

• Like 2

Looking better now that my big fat gypsy promoter is not involved. Not what he wanted but it's better for us Aces than his puppet promoters would have been.

So like Hitler he failed to stop The Aces.

We also dodged a bullet at No1 today, imo.

Might even get my season ticket for Christmas.

Buster, as a Geordie might describe him "Norfolk and good"

Hey, Ouch.

That's great news!

:drink: :drink: :drink:

• Like 1

Bewley got to be worth 15k plus

Richie Worrall was got for 18k probably now worth a little less at say 15k

Stevie I say about 18k

Hougaard about 15k

Fricke is world u21 champ. Got him for 28k so I'd say he's about 40k now.

That should pay a lot of the debt off surely.

Is Bewley even an asset of the club as I thought he was a free agent at present ?

30k for the Worralls , 15 for Hooo and 40 for Max ?

Why when all you have to do is offer decent money and they go where they want these days and being an asset means very little these days.

Bewley got to be worth 15k plus

Richie Worrall was got for 18k probably now worth a little less at say 15k

Stevie I say about 18k

Hougaard about 15k

Fricke is world u21 champ. Got him for 28k so I'd say he's about 40k now.

That should pay a lot of the debt off surely. Then we start again loading riders and build the asset base again.

But then I don't know how much riders are worth so these are just guesstimates

arnt your assets used as your bond ?

if you dont have assets you must place the required amount in a bond

so if you sell assets then you need to use that money as the bond

so i was led to believe anyway

I see that some that at least one of the former management team still has their Rentruck car parked on their drive.

I would have thought the motors would have been called back by now if the business had finished.

Are any of the Belle Vue riders still running round in their Rentruck vans?

If the sponsor is still involved then should we perhaps anticipate that the holders of the vehicle keys are involved in next year's action and that things are looking hopeful?

Can anyone advise what the situation is with Mr Carswell??

Can anyone advise what the situation is with Mr Carswell??

It's anyone's guess

I have a feeling that Lewis Bridger will end up at Belle Vue, have not seen him in anyone's line ups yet though, am I correct in saying that he lives up in Manchester area now ?

I have a feeling that Lewis Bridger will end up at Belle Vue, have not seen him in anyone's line ups yet though, am I correct in saying that he lives up in Manchester area now ?

Yes he does so could be an interesting link up for him.

Agree with all you say except the bit I have put in bold, the racing at Belle Vue is out of this world, the only boring meeting was the semi final of the WTC, that was solely due to bad weather. If our new promoters promote properly to the vast Manchester audience, I fail to see how we can't get regular gates of 3k

Admire your optimism but 3k a match?

For Speedway?

I would suggest no chance. It might initially improve crowds having new owners as the publicity of nearly closing will no doubt tempt some people to attend again, however that will be a short term thing..

Plenty of people in Manchester know about Speedway, many see it on Sky regularly, and loads of Mancunians are aware of the Belle Vue Aces...

They just won't pay circa £20 to watch it 'live',

Thats the catch..

I have three mates who watch the sport on TV occasionally, often mentioning to me the match they watched as they know of my interest, and can appreciate the talents of the riders, (and even know who Tai Woffinden is as they have seen him on 'mainstream TV!) but when I ask if they fancy going and tell them it's around £30 for them and their teenage lad their answer to a man is "you having a laugh?"..

Perfect target market, no chance of them attending.

1200 - 1500 a week of the usual 'die hards' I would say will be the reality and should be the income budgeted for...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

Was pretty good last time the Hammers were at BV in the play-offs. If we could stop him pulling wheelies down the back straight, he would be a good addition and not much to spend on travel expenses.

Was pretty good last time the Hammers were at BV in the play-offs. If we could stop him pulling wheelies down the back straight, he would be a good addition and not much to spend on travel expenses.

If we did sign Bridger it would be at the expense of either Fricke or a Worrall all better riders i m o, more likely Fricke i hope not. so for me no thank you very much.

Edited by B.V 72

The Colts meetings were excellent value and also plenty of entertaining racing once the Colts got used to the track.

I do hope the Colts are back under the new promotion.