British Speedway Forum

Exciting team for Redcar next season , I wish them well, love my trips to bear country. Great fans, deserve a good season for a change. We have been there in the past and are very very lucky to have had the Facennas take over at Glasgow

don't know Kevin Keay but he seems a very hands on 'get things done' kind of guy. I believe he also played rugby to a decent standard so Barker won't phase him!

• Like 2

Poole!!!

That will make for an interesting promotion /relegation clash at the end of season :wink:

They ride for the team that is in the same league of the team that holds their registration

Charles Wright will be good for Redcar ! Shame we had to lose him ! Good luck Charlie and Redcar. Not sure about Barker though, has become a 'track spare' lately !!!

A track spare that he hasn't sold? :D

In all seriousness its good to see a competitive team assembled & certainly no shortage of fighting spirit :rofl:

• Like 1

don't know Kevin Keay but he seems a very hands on 'get things done' kind of guy. I believe he also played rugby to a decent standard so Barker won't phase him!

Barker won't phase Kevin. Garrity is a different case, and Kevin might have even known him before he signed. :P

This looks a very good side on paper with a lot of strong personalities and some flat our racers which should make the entertainment value at STMP high, provided you give them a great race track to perform on. I think it will take an even bigger personality to keep them in check but good luck to the Bears in 2017, should make the meetings against the Diamonds interesting, looking forward to them. :t:

• Like 2

looking at the redca team , it looks a great side and should be ok in the coming season . it looks a side to fear , both home and away .

its been a long time coming and i hope the bears fans will support it in the coming season . it would be nice if the fans that stay away would return to redca again .

you have the team , now give the guys the track to ply their trade .

we haven't been over there for a few years now, maybe the season coming will see a few worky fans return to see speedway at redca !

• Like 1

looking at the redca team , it looks a great side and should be ok in the coming season . it looks a side to fear , both home and away .

its been a long time coming and i hope the bears fans will support it in the coming season . it would be nice if the fans that stay away would return to redca again .

you have the team , now give the guys the track to ply their trade .

we haven't been over there for a few years now, maybe the season coming will see a few worky fans return to see speedway at redca !

I hope the fans and the"r" return to Redcar :lol:

Barker's got b :o lls...bonus ones apparently! :D

Copied form Refs section:

Something for all refs to look forward to in 2017:

Sit in their box overseeing a Redcar Bears meeting featuring: Garrity, Hall, Wright & Barker! It will be fireworks every meeting. It will be VERY interesting how the 2017 season pans out for the Bears some success long overdue.

• Like 2

Reference the above post, if the track can be made into the racers track which it was in the first few seasons, the racing should be second to none in this league

• Like 1

Reference the above post, if the track can be made into the racers track which it was in the first few seasons, the racing should be second to none in this league

As I have always said, when Glynn T brought the corner in on bend 1 and 2, with a new kerb it shortened the track and it also gave a new inside line which previously did not exist - most rides now play follow the leader around this inside line, the outside line used to be the quickest way around with Chris Kerr and Matt T doing it best of all, but since there was this new inside line it makes it much harder to go around, it could be prepared to try and encourage more, especially on bends 3 and 4 but the dirt is too deep.

As I have always said, when Glynn T brought the corner in on bend 1 and 2, with a new kerb it shortened the track and it also gave a new inside line which previously did not exist - most rides now play follow the leader around this inside line, the outside line used to be the quickest way around with Chris Kerr and Matt T doing it best of all, but since there was this new inside line it makes it much harder to go around, it could be prepared to try and encourage more, especially on bends 3 and 4 but the dirt is too deep.

That's only accurate up until the 2014 season. In 2015 the outside lines came back when the reported boulders/concrete or whatever it was, was removed from turn 3. In 2016 turns 1 and 2 were great out of gate 4 with the rider usually passing the other three around the boards (Skidders speciality) . Bends 3 and 4 were awesome with esp Bellego dialing in the outside line with the others following in his groove.

I keep reading that the track needs working on to work with the new team (usually from those who haven't been for a few years), but the lines are already there waiting for them.....trust me...