British Speedway Forum

I'm sure TWK will answer this himself, but his nearest track would be Stoke or Buxton I would think (without checking),

Oh 'eck! i was hoping to encourage him not make matters worse!

• Like 2

Sorry! :D

Just for the record, Buxton would be nearest at approx 150 miles. Stoke is approx 180 miles. Give or take a few miles.

I don't think you're crackers I have to agree with you and admire your stance , they should have left the joker with Eddie Waring on It's knock out Can you imagine this sort of thing happening in football or maybe a boxing match , it would look good with points leading boxer having to go a round with one arm tied behind his back.

Never heard of away goals counting double ?

• Like 1

Never heard of away goals counting double ?

Not quite the same though is it ,as it only comes into effect when both teams are level on goals as a decider.

Not quite the same though is it ,as it only comes into effect when both teams are level on goals as a decider.

It is but. An actual goal/s getting double value.

• Like 1

It is but. An actual goal/s getting double value.

yes,,, and it devalue's the game, when players just kick the ball around to kill time, (not that they do it anyway),,,

maybe riders should carry a handicap, dependent on how well, or not, they have done during a meeting, a couple of bags of sugar or something,,, and if it spills or whatever it might make the track more grippy ;)

No, not quite the same.

But its still one goal counting as two.

How stupid is that, score one goal but it counts as two :rofl:

I hear they are introducing a new rule in speedway next season whereby the riders of one team are only allowed on certain parts of the track depending on where the opposition are. Bloody hilarious :rofl:

Ever heard of offside ?

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

No, not quite the same.

But its still one goal counting as two.

How stupid is that, score one goal but it counts as two :rofl:

is that like 'double ' ??? ;)

• Like 1

is that like 'double ' ??? ;)

I think it might just be. Of course, because its football that's different and its absolutely fine :rofl: .

My point is not to be critical of any other sports rules, but simply to show that any comparison of one sports rules against anothers is ridiculous.

• Like 4

I hear they are introducing a new rule in speedway next season whereby the riders of one team are only allowed on certain parts of the track depending on where the opposition are. Bloody hilarious :rofl:

Ever heard of offside ?

yes,,, and if a rider's both wheels go over the white line, the opposing team are allowed to throw it, (or parts of it) back into the area of play ;)

• Like 2

Good looking team For The Bears.
Looking to get down to one of my favourite away tracks after missing last year.

On the round the boards conversation, surely Havvy was hard to beat with respect to that?

when them bears come out of hibernation , they are going to take some stopping .

I'm sure TWK will answer this himself, but his nearest track would be Stoke or Buxton I would think (without checking),

Thanks for the help Guys but both of those Tracks are too far away.

I do appreciate the your Posts though.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Good looking team For The Bears.

Looking to get down to one of my favourite away tracks after missing last year.

On the round the boards conversation, surely Havvy was hard to beat with respect to that?

Yeah he was, but his gating was good - Woffy and Harris both great too, but Kerr and Matty T were so good as they normally missed the gate

I remember one great heat 15 rider where he came round the boards, lap 4 to win the meeting (as far as I can recall - I remember the ride well though!).