British Speedway Forum
damosuzuki

Glasgow Vs Somerset Cup Final 1st Leg 9th Oct

Totally agree a track should be prepared to entertain as best as humanly possible , Today it was prepared to win at all cost's which as we witnessed backfired on us big time just prepare the track so all riders have an equal opportunity to race it then what will be will be.

Thats it but how do you get the message across to those in charge.

Bates really is a tosser - he looks about 5 years old. Will be great if he tried a stunt like that with someone like Wilko, whod knock seven shades out of him.

Absolute clown.

• Like 3

Bates really is a tosser - he looks about 5 years old. Will be great if he tried a stunt like that with someone like Wilko, whod knock seven shades out of him.

Absolute clown.

Probably just as well it wasn't Richie that he had a go at or he would be having his dinner through a straw tonight.

Thats it but how do you get the message across to those in charge.

Hopefully they can see it because if we can surely they can too but we have previous for it with similar outcomes.It can be a really good racers track if prepared for racers as the old saying goes the cream alway's rises to the top.

Prepare the track to entertain and if we are good enough we will win it is that simple.

• Like 2

Like a lot of posters I can't work out why we seemed to prepare the track to put of the rebels riders. Aaron has been ill for a while with flu/virus, so presumably a bit weaker than normal; Nike was coming back from hand injuries; Rene, Danny and Fernando in particular have all been in the wars and not 100% yet we prepare a track that is deep, wet and not easy to ride. Sure it put off Tungate but it also put off most of the tigers. The last 2 home meetings were against the rebels and neither of them could be classed as being entertaining. we've persuaded new fans to attend and old ones to return and they wonder what all the fuss is about and yet a few weeks ago the whole team were racing and I mean racing and everyone was going home with a smile on there face and looking forward to the next sunday. Quite frankly if the wife asks me to cut the grass next sunday I might just do it and watch paulcos updates!

• Like 1

In fairness, we are not the worst at this. Edinburgh do it every time we go there - they, in turn complain bitterly that Somerset do it to them every time and so it goes on. That does not justify Glasgow doing it, however. All the Somerset riders have been around for a while (most ride in the Elite league also) and can handle most surfaces so it was always likely to backfire. The Glasgow riders have been scoring well on the track as it was and had their bike set ups to suit. Different conditions mean both teams are starting from scratch.

Stewart put the same amount of water as last week but last week it seemed to dry up quicker but this week it did not and only made the outside to sloppy and stopped any run around the fence for the likes of Nike and The rest when they are behind which they can normally do most of the racing was around the inside not many went outside until last few heats the riders like it grippy around the outside but today it was just not there

With all the rumours about him, Garrity and other Sheff riders along with countless other incidents including today, it makes you wonder what sort of idiot Bates really is.

Rumours about Garrity, yes! Josh got into a bit of mischief tonight, yes! But other Sheffield riders, and countless other incidents? Enlighten us please.

From the official rule-book:

3.1.3 For the purpose of these regulations, a rider is responsible for any breach attributable to any

member of his entourage.

• Like 1

In fairness, we are not the worst at this. Edinburgh do it every time we go there - they, in turn complain bitterly that Somerset do it to them every time and so it goes on. That does not justify Glasgow doing it, however. All the Somerset riders have been around for a while (most ride in the Elite league also) and can handle most surfaces so it was always likely to backfire. The Glasgow riders have been scoring well on the track as it was and had their bike set ups to suit. Different conditions mean both teams are starting from scratch.

Do we? Pretty sure we done that once back in 2011, so that's not exactly every time you go.

Shame the plan backfired and the tigers didn't win real gutted.

Do we? Pretty sure we done that once back in 2011, so that's not exactly every time you go.

Shame the plan backfired and the tigers didn't win real gutted.

Yes, we did and it backfired spectacularly. At the time I slated our management who fully deserved it. But to state it happens every time Tiggers roll into town is nonsense.

Bates had shocker at Glasgow last time out for Sheff, previous post saying Bates has never gone well at Glasgow

now hes had a decent result everyone is spewing about him being allowed to guest!!!

Nice to see a young Brit scoring a few and ``entertaining`` by sounds of it

Bates had shocker at Glasgow last time out for Sheff, previous post saying Bates has never gone well at Glasgow

now hes had a decent result everyone is spewing about him being allowed to guest!!!

Don't see any GLASGOW fans spewing to be fair all i have read from us is how the Rebels deserved it.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 5

Fed up with reading BWD is a reserve yes he's a reserve with a 5 + average with riders above him with better averages in another team BWD could be a 2nd string rider.

In other teams if their no's 1-5 are out injured they are replaced with a like for like average rider or at home average +5% so why not BWD . Other teams have used these "average rules" to replace riders sometimes to advantage sometimes against.

As a previous post has said if Glasgow had won nothing would have been said.

Take it on the chin like Somerset did at home the other week.

Good Management skills in use here.

I already have if you read the Glasgow Tigers forum lol, I think yesterday we let 2 thugs take the limelight away from a fantastic show that Somerset put on & i have no complaints about Somerset using M.Bates because i'm sure we would have done the same under the circumstances.

Montie, Josh was fantastic yesterday up until he and his mechanic's turned into THUGS in front of children. It should be intresting when the BSPA receive a copy of the meeting dvd, we don't mind riders having a go but that went a bit to far yesterday, Mechanics pulling a rider hair = Woman

Never thought I'd see the day when Glasgow had to whine about an opposing Team being too intimidating, always thought they more than capable of looking after themselves, one of the least friendly tracks for the opposition, looks like it's all corporate up there now, with fancy sandwiches and no swearing allowed.

Edited by Lord Skid

Never thought I'd see the day when Glasgow had to whine about an opposing Team being too intimidating, always thought they more than capable of looking after themselves, one of the least friendly tracks for the opposition, looks like it's all corporate up there now, with fancy sandwiches and no swearing allowed.

You condoning violence then