British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

The Collapse Of The Pound And The Effect On The El

Can you give me any examples of any of this EU red tape? I run 2 businesses what I do know is that we have ONS, RTI Auto-enrolment and many more examples of red tape from this government.

No as I am not in industry nor a farmer, but I had lots of bosses of companies and farmers as clients that I have kept in touch with and they continually moaned about the eu paperwork. Many farmers and companies that do not export to the eu have claimed that they are having to comply with eu regulations which is costing them a lot of time and money. Many farmers when asked why they voted to get out of the eu despite getting CAP payments explained it was because of all the red tape etc sent out by the eu.

Now some of this may have been our government but no doubt a lot of it is the eu.

Sorry, but I think this totally exaggerated and leaving the EU will not change the redtape as the British government will not remove it anyway. We export to Germany (work that is now at risk) and although no VAT is charged as we are a member, we have to keep reams of paperwork including the carrier, reg no's of the trucks would you believe to prove the consignments are leaving the UK. The German customer tells me they have to do this when export to the UK!!!

What will happen to VAT when we leave? Sounds like it will be a nightmare!!!

Sorry, but I think this totally exaggerated and leaving the EU will not change the redtape as the British government will not remove it anyway. We export to Germany (work that is now at risk) and although no VAT is charged as we are a member, we have to keep reams of paperwork including the carrier, reg no's of the trucks would you believe to prove the consignments are leaving the UK. The German customer tells me they have to do this when export to the UK!!!

What will happen to VAT when we leave? Sounds like it will be a nightmare!!!

Well I can only report what they stated, it may be exaggerated but a lot voted out for that reason .

I remember on Countryfile a few days after the vote they had a farmer who on the day of the vote had received and showed about a thirty page document he had to complete for some department in Brussels, yet he was not in any chain where the end product ended up in the eu. In or out of any chan to the eu, like any govt, every farmer has to comply with filling out the paperwork.

Anyway with the drop in the value of the £, unless you are importing raw materials which will add to the cost of production, if you can, take advantage of the lower prices when selling abroad.

Many are taking advantage of the present situation and doing very well.

Edited by A ORLOV

Well I can only report what they stated, it may be exaggerated but a lot voted out for that reason .

I remember on Countryfile a few days after the vote they had a farmer who on the day of the vote had received and showed about a thirty page document he had to complete for some department in Brussels, yet he was not in any chain where the end product ended up in the eu. In or out of any chan to the eu, like any govt, every farmer has to comply with filling out the paperwork.

Anyway with the drop in the value of the £, unless you are importing raw materials which will add to the cost of production, if you can, take advantage of the lower prices when selling abroad.

Many are taking advantage of the present situation and doing very well.

I think farmers are a different situation as they receive subsidies from the EU A Orlov, we do not in manufacturing. It will be interesting when the subsidies stop as I am sure the farming industry will expect the government to give them the same level of subsidy which will beg the question, why can't manufacturing receive a similar subsidy!! I have already been in contact with my local MP over this and will be lobbying him.

Exchange rate has gone against us as we invoice in sterling but all our steel and castings come from overseas and so prices has risen dramatically. Also transport costs have gone up too. Got any ideas how we can take advantage of this situation?

• Like 1

No as I am not in industry nor a farmer, but I had lots of bosses of companies and farmers as clients that I have kept in touch with and they continually moaned about the eu paperwork. Many farmers and companies that do not export to the eu have claimed that they are having to comply with eu regulations which is costing them a lot of time and money. Many farmers when asked why they voted to get out of the eu despite getting CAP payments explained it was because of all the red tape etc sent out by the eu.

Now some of this may have been our government but no doubt a lot of it is the eu.

Sorry, but I've seen no more red tape from the EU than I have the UK government. It's just one of those mantras repeated ad-nauseum by the anti-EU brigade without any real evidence.

There will be just as much bureaucracy in future, because a lot of EU compliance stuff was initiated by the UK government anyway. Plus if you want to export to the EU you'll be doing it anyway.

• Like 2

Farmers moaning about having to fill in paperwork?

Not that difficult is it......in order to ponce your subsidies? To keep the new tractor in the field? To keep the '16 plate Range Rover on the drive; or within your acres of land? In order to hide behind the exploitation of immigrants/migrants - being used illegally on a pittance of a wage.

Poor, hard done by farmers. My heart truly bleeds purple p!ss.

Can I have your address so I can post an invoice to you for the thousands of pounds I have lost due to brexit?

So I am going to lose tens of thousands in the next 5-6 years to discover if I am right or not. That makes sense.

I really hope brexit voters are bitten hard on the arse, as I doubt the money I am losing NOW will ever be recuperated.

Ha ha ha.

I'll tell you what I'll pay your losses, when you reimburse all the thousands of Peugeot workers that lost their jobs plus many more in the supply chain when the EU induced them to leave the UK, a fact admitted on local radio by Peugeot local management. We all remember you gloating when it was announced that Brandon was to be sold for housing, so the fact you are allegedly suffering financially is just an added bonus. You clearly have no concern for other people's welfare so don't be surprised if others take the same view.

Some people seem to be forgetting there was back in the 1970's an EU referendum, which Remain won, I don't remember that result not being honoured. There was no talk of another vote then, well not for about 20 years.

Of course there is nothing to stop you moving to your beloved EU, if you find Brexit Britain so unbearable.I hear Rome is quite popular. :D However I expect despite all your bluster, your love of the EU, won't quite stretch to living there.

An EU still swamped with a migrant crisis, and they haven't got a clue how to solve it. Thousands now trapped in Italy as countries like Austria close their borders, Italy threatening to withhold EU payments unless other countries take more migrants,the Hungarians telling the EU they will refuse to take anymore migrants. Lithuania electing a government with a policy to try and stop emigration as so many of their people have moved westwards. emptying their country.

Of course the fact there is still an ongoing Euro crisis, with the whole of southern Europe are mired in mass unemployment, an ongoing banking crisis now including Deutche Bank, was never going to be any concern for you. How long before yet another Greek bailout?

Perhaps you should go into the production of dummies, I'm hearing their's a national shortage. :approve:

• Like 6

I think farmers are a different situation as they receive subsidies from the EU A Orlov, we do not in manufacturing. It will be interesting when the subsidies stop as I am sure the farming industry will expect the government to give them the same level of subsidy which will beg the question, why can't manufacturing receive a similar subsidy!! I have already been in contact with my local MP over this and will be lobbying him.

Exchange rate has gone against us as we invoice in sterling but all our steel and castings come from overseas and so prices has risen dramatically. Also transport costs have gone up too. Got any ideas how we can take advantage of this situation?

The farmers do get advantages over manufacturing in the subsidies they receive but many of the CAP payments have been crazy and have costed the eu millions if not billions since they have been paid. When we leave we will not be paying for the subsidies that are paid to all the farmers in the rest of the eu, a hell of a lot more than we have, so our farm subsidy bill for our farmers will be lower.

Only you would know if you can get your castings etc from elsewhere, preferably the UK, no doubt you have already looked into that.

I am not sure what the steel industry used to produce but it is ironic that TATA are closing down the steel mills etc yet you and many more companies are importing steel and castings. Now, if it is efficient to do so, would be a good time to produce more in this country rather than having to rely on importing so many goods.

If not good luck with trying to get a subsidy or some form of help, as it may mean that you can stay in business and keep people employed, apart from that see if you can diversify somehow.

Plus if you want to export to the EU you'll be doing it anyway.

I stated that many of the companies did not export to the eu, if any want to export to it they will have to decide if it is worth the paperwork etc.

Edited by A ORLOV

Farmers moaning about having to fill in paperwork?

Not that difficult is it......in order to ponce your subsidies? To keep the new tractor in the field? To keep the '16 plate Range Rover on the drive; or within your acres of land? In order to hide behind the exploitation of immigrants/migrants - being used illegally on a pittance of a wage.

Poor, hard done by farmers. My heart truly bleeds purple p!ss.

It shows you know nothing about farming and knowknow no farmers. So where do you get your extensive knowledge?

The Daily Mirror perhaps?

Most farmers in this country are tenents , are not landowners and I can assure you that they are leaving in there droves as they cannot physically make it pay.

Yeah come back with your stereo- typical, small minded comments but you obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Leaving in their droves.......really?

Got the evidence to support that statement?

And no; I most certainly do not read Blairite-loving @rsewipe such as The Mirror.

And look at this......they are now AGAIN on the EU Subsidy bandwagon and poncing even more; for actually producing LESS!

http://www.fwi.co.uk/business/1800-uk-farmers-apply-for-eu-dairy-reduction-scheme.htm

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

It shows you know nothing about farming and knowknow no farmers. So where do you get your extensive knowledge?

The Daily Mirror perhaps?

Most farmers in this country are tenents , are not landowners and I can assure you that they are leaving in there droves as they cannot physically make it pay.

Yeah come back with your stereo- typical, small minded comments but you obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Oh come on mate, he's the voice of reason !! :rofl:

Oh come on mate, he's the voice of reason !! :rofl:

Ahhh, I see that the paperboy has finally climbed out from under his rock.

• Like 2

Ahhh, I see that the paperboy has finally climbed out from under his rock.

Yep i sat watching this forum for a while, and some of the dross being wrote on it was laughable. When do you all go back to school ?

Leaving in their droves.......really?

Got the evidence to support that statement?

And no; I most certainly do not read Blairite-loving @rsewipe such as The Mirror.

And look at this......they are now AGAIN on the EU Subsidy bandwagon and poncing even more; for actually producing LESS!

http://www.fwi.co.uk/business/1800-uk-farmers-apply-for-eu-dairy-reduction-scheme.htm

VOR?

Fact,one in ten dairy farms have shut in the UK in the past three years.

My facts are also based on actually talking to farmers,do you?

As I already said most farmers are not rich land owners but are tenants who are seriously struggling to make a living.

Your small minded view of them all being rich land owning gentry is so stereo typical.

I suppose you also believe that all northerners wear a flat cap, smoke woodbines and have a whippet?

Or maybe the small man syndrome perhaps? A man who just seems constantly angry and demeans anybody who doesn't share his aggressive narrow minded view of the world?

• Like 2