British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

People seem to be forgetting this is the premiership, not the elite league. All the sides are weaker than last year, but I don't think the lions will be the whipping boys like previous years. No big name GP star like others, but lebedevs and Nilsson have both proven they have the quality and capability to beat them on their days! Think from 1-6 were very solid. Ayres might struggle, but can compete with other no. 7s and will definitely never stop trying!

Lebdevs is a smashing signing. Riss isn't bad either. Wolbert a bit suspect. I don't think it's as bad as some seem to think tbf. Certainly fairly entertaining.

Lebdevs could be the signing of the season, Riss is focused on Speedway this year & missing the longtracks, Nilsson with some consistancy has the potential to be a top number 1 in this league plus i think Ayres will have the beating of most number 7's (bar Bates & Huckenback). If the Lions fans have been craving some passion & desire from previous teams you can bet that Danny will bring that by the bucket load.

Unless the track is changed considerably this team is going to struggle, they may be entertainers but the track currently doesn't lend itself to that type of rider.

• Like 2

If the Lions fans have been craving some passion & desire from previous teams you can bet that Danny will bring that by the bucket load.

You can never accuse Danny of not caring. There will be loads of passion from him.

• Like 2

Contruary to other posters on here I think the Lions team is much better than I had imagined. Bearing in mind they have had last pick, their home meetings at the weekend, and not the biggest finances to play with, I'm impressed with the squad they have assembled... A top 3 of Nilsson; Gomolski and Lebedev will be exciting to watch and equal to most teams in the league. Auty; Riss; Wolbert is a decent set of 2nd string riders coupled with Ayres at reserve I believe they will compete with most teams...

Watching Lebedev in his short spell at Lynn, he could be the star of the future, he no doubt has immense talent....

I cant see Leicester winning the league, nor finishing at the bottom, but they could cause other teams a lot of problems.....

• Like 2

So what have you achieved in life apart from being an over-reactive attention seeker. No need to insult you as your doing a perfectly good job of it yourself.

What have I acheived in life? An awful lot thank you very much!

On topic Leicester at or near the bottom again

Edited by Steve Shovlar

So, what average does Lebedevs come in on? :)

Disappointed not to see Szymon back (Dunno how him and the club got on) but I really liked him and wish he had stayed in British speedway :(

Regardless of that, Leicester look solid this year, good luck :t:

• Like 1

As a total outsider, I think thats a cracking side the Lions have put together. Fingers crossed they have a great season. Best of luck!

• Like 2

Assuming they use Andzejs 4.50 average from 2013 and convert it be x1.4, he will come in on 6.30, putting him at reserve! :o

Edited by Dandelion

What have I acheived in life? An awful lot thank you very much!

On topic Leicester at or near the bottom again

What selling old tat😆Steptoe and Son reborn your arrogance is laughable.
  • Like 2

Contruary to other posters on here I think the Lions team is much better than I had imagined. Bearing in mind they have had last pick, their home meetings at the weekend, and not the biggest finances to play with, I'm impressed with the squad they have assembled... A top 3 of Nilsson; Gomolski and Lebedev will be exciting to watch and equal to most teams in the league. Auty; Riss; Wolbert is a decent set of 2nd string riders coupled with Ayres at reserve I believe they will compete with most teams...

Watching Lebedev in his short spell at Lynn, he could be the star of the future, he no doubt has immense talent....

I cant see Leicester winning the league, nor finishing at the bottom, but they could cause other teams a lot of problems.....

Lebedevs will start the season as reserve along with Ayres. Happy days!

You can never accuse Danny of not caring. There will be loads of passion from him.

Had a guest booking for Ipswich last season and made sure he enjoyed himself . He may not be a world beater but lots of effort and passion , played up to the crowd and got them going and he loved it .

You can't help but warm to him .

• Like 2

Looks a decent team get the track right and you could well

have a good season. kim will always give it his all

• Like 2

He probably will, but I don't imagine he will be there for long. This is what the reason why our CMA system is well out of date in allowing someone of his obvious talent to come in on such a low score... Regardless of his low average he will be a top points scorer. Providing he races with the same determination he could quite easily finish up as Lions top rider come the end of the season.... He's that good.......

• Like 1