British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Colin Cook round Blackbird was so exciting to watch and one of the best of the truly " never give up" brigade! But remember that Blackbird Rd was a vastly superior track to BP newly built one for real racers to have a go.

• Like 4

My old man is still available for a ride if needed lol hoping to make the trip to a Leicester meeting this coming season

My old man is still available for a ride if needed lol hoping to make the trip to a Leicester meeting this coming season

Bring the old man along, I'm sure he will get a great reception. Top rider.
  • Like 4

Lebedevs was very impressive at Berwick a few years ago in the World under 21 final round, on a track not dis-similar to Leicester.

I don't understand all this negativety on here. British Speedway is not about World Class riders anymore, is more important to have competitive teams at a cost that at be afforded. Some of the post aired on here are so disrespectfull.

If I lived in Leicester I would be happy ro go and watch this team every week. Think of all the places that would love to have their own team to support.

Personally think a top 3 of Nilsson, Lebedevs and Gomolski would be competing with Covs top 3 (King, K Bjerre, Garrity) and Somerset (Tungate, Houggard, Grazjconek).

I think they will be competitive with most of the teams top 3, and that includes Kings Lynn. Rest assured, Lebedev is capable of beating any rider any day....

• Like 2

Colin Cook;

One of the most underrated Lions ever!! Especially around Blackbird Road, never say die attitude, could generate so much speed when chasing riders, and passing them more than not.....

Yep, great rider. Who else did he ride for?

colinbike200_1.jpg

• Like 1

Lebedevs a good signing IMO, up and coming rider who will provide lots of entertainment!

Yep, great rider. Who else did he ride for?

colinbike200_1.jpg

Scunthorpe, Boston, Ipswich & Exeter.

• Like 1

The problem I can see with Lebedevs is other European commitments as I am sure that he will be doing the Euro individual qualification rounds and maybe the finals,Then GP qualifying rounds and then add in possibly the One Sport pairs series which all of the above take place on non GP weekends when of course is when Leicester have their meetings

The rest of team looks ok without being anything to write home about it is Auty and Wolbert that I have concerns over as think they may struggle

• Like 2

The problem I can see with Lebedevs is other European commitments as I am sure that he will be doing the Euro individual qualification rounds and maybe the finals,Then GP qualifying rounds and then add in possibly the One Sport pairs series which all of the above take place on non GP weekends when of course is when Leicester have their meetings

The rest of team looks ok without being anything to write home about it is Auty and Wolbert that I have concerns over as think they may struggle

don't think Josh will struggle he will match his average of last year or even better
  • Like 1

I don't think the Lions septet is that bad. I would take Ayers over most of the numbpties the other teams have signed at #7. The Lions don't really have a stand out #1. But other than Lindgren, Holder & Doyle neither do any other team, there are few World Class rider in the "Premiership". I think Lebedevs & Wolbert could flourish in this mediocre league, as could Riss. Nilsson, Auty & Gomolski will do their job if they don't improve. I would take that septet over the other Midlands teams.

Kasprzak not world class!!!!

Questions need answering Why the BSPA allowed Leicester to carry on Not paying riders.

Are the questions different to the Belle Vue ones?

I know the promotion have been busy team building but I am a bit worried that it has all gone quiet on the track alteration front. Presumably there will be some sort of 'Press & Practice' event before the first home league meeting so that only leaves 6/7 weeks to get any work done and for any alterations to settle in.

Just checked when the track alterations took place last year. Looks like they started at the beginning of January but there was not time to do bends 1 & 2 so I reckon you can forget any track alterations this season.

Are the questions different to the Belle Vue ones?

Maybe, all the basic points monies have been paid out to Leicester riders for last season, and its just all the bonus's, sweeteners, Brown envelope payments haven't, just a thought....