British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

A season or two ago Przedpelski seemed to be the next top Polish rider, especially when a junior reserve at Torun, since moving out of the junior position things have not moved on. Now he finds himself at Leicester with a chance to do well and regain confidence, should he do that of course and gets a regular team place back in Poland you can bet he won`t be slow in giving up on Leicester.

How can you say that with any confidence....he may well be another Adam Skornicki and rarely let his British team down. Just because some Poles don't see Britain as a priority, it doesn't mean Pawel will be the same.

A season or two ago Przedpelski seemed to be the next top Polish rider, especially when a junior reserve at Torun, since moving out of the junior position things have not moved on. Now he finds himself at Leicester with a chance to do well and regain confidence, should he do that of course and gets a regular team place back in Poland you can bet he won`t be slow in giving up on Leicester.

Nature of the beast. We cannot compete when the Polish come calling. I'll take the short term positive that he's giving British Speedway a go. Be interesting to see how he performs on the UK 'horror tracks' ;-)

How can you say that with any confidence....he may well be another Adam Skornicki and rarely let his British team down. Just because some Poles don't see Britain as a priority, it doesn't mean Pawel will be the same.

Symon Wosniak would still be at Leicester if DH had not let him down!

• Like 1

Symon Wosniak would still be at Leicester if DH had not let him down!

I rest my case.

Looking at the latest averages, Bjerre and Riss will be at reserve. My immediate reaction was that this paring is as good as, if not better than, anyone's in the league (when they are available of course). Then my glass half empty outlook tells me that there is a reason why they have dropped to reserve in a team that are serial wooden spoonists. If they can ride to their capabilities however, especially at home, some serious points could be racked up (although maybe not enough to elevate us to a lofty top 7 league spot). As long as they enjoy themselves eh Jim!

Kim nilsson wanted by Rybnik to replace laguta. But it seems they want him to drop UK.

I see Kim as a decent bloke and will probably be loyal but it must be a worry

Kim nilsson wanted by Rybnik to replace laguta. But it seems they want him to drop UK.

I see Kim as a decent bloke and will probably be loyal but it must be a worry

Money talks as they say.Does he ride 3 leagues already?

Looking at the latest averages, Bjerre and Riss will be at reserve. My immediate reaction was that this paring is as good as, if not better than, anyone's in the league (when they are available of course). Then my glass half empty outlook tells me that there is a reason why they have dropped to reserve in a team that are serial wooden spoonists. If they can ride to their capabilities however, especially at home, some serious points could be racked up (although maybe not enough to elevate us to a lofty top 7 league spot). As long as they enjoy themselves eh Jim!

Don't we have to have a Brit at reserve? In which case it will be Riss & Newman.

Just to clear things up PP has NOT been released from Torun BUT he has been released from the terms of his contract where it states he has to be availble to practise in Poland on a Saturday.

So he will ride at Leicester on Saturdays & fly out Sunday like alot of riders currently do when riding at Leicester.

So, effectively he gets his practice sessions in England.

Don't we have to have a Brit at reserve? In which case it will be Riss & Newman.

You have to have 2 riders that have ridden in the NL at any point.

You have to have 2 riders that have ridden in the NL at any point.

Not necessarily ridden,but eligible to have ridden :approve:

Not necessarily ridden,but eligible to have ridden :approve:

So could be anyone :rofl:

Don't you just love the clarity of the rules!

• Like 1

Presuming the same league setup is going to exist in 2018 (and maybe even if it doesn't), which of the current 7 should the management be trying hardest to keep at Leicester next season? Getting some definite names sorted out early doors is surely top priority this time, isn't it?

Presuming the same league setup is going to exist in 2018 (and maybe even if it doesn't), which of the current 7 should the management be trying hardest to keep at Leicester next season? Getting some definite names sorted out early doors is surely top priority this time, isn't it?

Nilsson and Przedpelski definites as heat leaders. Bates, Bjerre and Riss could either be great value for average or poor value, depending on how they finish the season. They've all dropped into reserve at some point- where they're obviously good value, but if they increased their averages to become heat leaders, they won't be good value

I could be wrong but isn't a promotion/ relegation type thing supposed to be occurring at the end of the season? If we were to be relegated, I don't think we'd be able to keep any of the current team!