British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2017

First of all having now learnt the extent of Nico's injury I hope he has a speedy recovery and returns fit and rearing to go ASAP, he will be sorely missed in his absence!

Does anyone actually know how close to a return Kyle is yet?

With all due respect to Sarj he can have a blinder one day and be shocking the next so is never going to be an adequate replacement for higher average riders.

Its certainly been a poor start to the season as far as away matches are concerned and like others have said we can probably cover at home with rr but away the defeats are likely to be be even worse if we don't get in another temporary replacement quickly.

I think CL needs to do something soon as our season could end up like last years where we struggled to get in the playoffs.

Ipswich should not panic and the two reserves should stay for the long haul in my opinion as they are both long term prospects.For me they have missed Newman badly and King!Schlein,Covatti have all been disappointing at times so the blame lies elsewhere.I just hope they dont drop one of the reserves for the sake of a few extra points as i believe the heat leaders need to be whacking in higher scores certainly away from home.

Covatti hasn't really set this season on fire yet for a rider of his standard and ability so if a replacement is found it could boost the team strength

Seriously!!

Home to date 7.33 Away 8.22 overall ave up from start of year.

Our highest averaging rider away from home by half a point.

Id say that means he has made a great start to the season.

• Like 1

No one is blaming anyone, we no how our team was built. If you build a team based on top end strength then lose one of your top riders before a wheel is turned, then another a few weeks in something needs to be looked at. If you cant replace the guys with someone of the same ability you will have to do something else. No disrespect to James but I think Kyle would score more and be more consistent. We cant do the same with Nico, I think it depends on kyles fitness and return now.

Newman back in, batchelor straight swap for covatti during his spell on the sidelines, he's started the season well at kings lynn so should be able to handle the grip at Foxhall!! Surely another Aussie influence in the team would help heeps and may get going a good rivalry between batch and rory, always been a big fan of both posting and busk Jacobsen at foxhall as well

Edited by 89buttons