British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow V Sheffield Pl Play Off S/f 1st Leg , 16/10/16 At 3pm

Didn't expect that, but they done Newcastle too,,, can just hope they can do the treble and beat Somerset,,, the team in 6th spot crowned champions,,, wonder what price you would've got at the start of the play-offs.

It was 20-1 for Sheffield& 9-4 for Somerset at the start of the play offs.

• Like 2

in essence, I agree,,, but it gives someone with no chance a chance, thats just the way it is these days ;)

And that is why the play offs are a joke.

I agree ! The Play offs have always been a joke !!!

• Like 2

Please tell us our pay structure Jinga we are all waiting

please spell my username correct and i may answer you question !

Glasgow Tigers spokesman released the following statement following last night’s result;

‘We’re as disappointed as any of the fans that despite throwing ridiculous amounts of money at riders this year, we’ve not managed to actually win anything worthwhile.

But fear not Glasgow fans, you can be sure that we will be working hard to rectify that situation over the winter and offer large amounts of money to average riders, which in turn increases the demands of all riders, and costs to all clubs in speedway, thus destabilising the sport in the long term. But we’re all right jack.

In fact, right now we’re targeting a young talented British rider who was given a chance to prove himself by one of our closest rivals, we’re confident that he can’t possibly refuse the offer we’ve put together, which will make any package put together by any of our rivals laughable’

read this and there is no need to answer your question MANSE . straight from the horses mouth . almost .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Much has been said about the track and the impact of the grading. Richie Worrall won his first 3 rides by miles but got passed by both Sheffield riders as if he was going backwards in heat 13, the game changer when a Glasgow5-1 became a 1-5. Did he have bike problems, did the changes to the track affect his set up or what?

in essence, I agree,,, but it gives someone with no chance a chance, thats just the way it is these days ;)

Doesn't stop it being a joke though.

Glasgow Tigers spokesman released the following statement following last night’s result;

‘We’re as disappointed as any of the fans that despite throwing ridiculous amounts of money at riders this year, we’ve not managed to actually win anything worthwhile.

But fear not Glasgow fans, you can be sure that we will be working hard to rectify that situation over the winter and offer large amounts of money to average riders, which in turn increases the demands of all riders, and costs to all clubs in speedway, thus destabilising the sport in the long term. But we’re all right jack.

In fact, right now we’re targeting a young talented British rider who was given a chance to prove himself by one of our closest rivals, we’re confident that he can’t possibly refuse the offer we’ve put together, which will make any package put together by any of our rivals laughable’

Ah bless... did you post this during your lunch hour at school?

So bitter and so jealous.... oh dear.

All the best

Rob

• Like 4

It will be an absolute travesty if team of guests wins the league.

• Like 1

An absolute travesty that a team operating within the rules wins the league?

What about the teams that have used guests in order to qualify for the playoffs?

Or are you saying that the playoffs should be contested only by the teams that have their own seven riders, or would you allow R/R, would there have been six teams of seven riders to contest the playoffs.

on another note, the guests made us weaker last night not stronger

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 2

IMO they made us weaker in the home leg as well.

• Like 1

Well that's going to happen isn't it? Somerset 2 guests at 6 and 7 and Sheffield 2 guests for Garrity and Stead! You never know; 1 of them might just return!

Getting fed up with people moaning about Sheffield using guests, what are we supposed to do, turn up with 4 riders?

Edited by Hel'n'Back
  • Like 8

The semi final in my opinion was lost for Glasgow with the performances by Worrall and Bach at Sheffield, the Glasgow team were carried by a very good Aaron Summers, Richie Lawson and Nike Lunna.

In the home leg, it was the reserves, and Lunna and to a lesser extent Bach, they had the perfect opportunity and should have wrapped it up by around heat 10/11, but they only very once had the aggregate lead once, and that was in heat 5, and I reckon by heat 10/11 the panic started to creep in and they bottled it.

Did we get an advantage with the Guests and Rider Replacement, hand on heart I don't think we did, when I saw who was booked as Guests I thought that we would get roasted.

Glasgow trying to buy titles, well if you got the cash to spend why not , anyone who complains about them splashing the cash is for just jealous.

Play off final, its Somerset's to lose, the list of suitable Guest riders is shrinking by the day, so I think that we will be at a distinct disadvantage, and not forgetting that Somerset have already been to our place and spanked us good and proper so we really do start rank underdogs.

But if by some strange quirk we do pull it off it will be known as the Howarth Double.

Edited by spin king
  • Like 3

please spell my username correct and i may answer you question !

read this and there is no need to answer your question MANSE . straight from the horses mouth . almost .

You've got the end of the horse wrong. :cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1

Getting fed up with people moaning about Sheffield using guests, what are we supposed to do, turn on with 4 riders?

NO,,, you should turn up with guests, so people see 4 riders in a race, but their score's shouldn't count ;)