British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Glasgow Kocup Final 1st Leg Sunday 23rd October 2016

Palovaara was woeful and phillips was phillips, kus fell in the same spot on the warm up lap, seemed to be holding his neck when i seen him.

Rumours going around lindgren was testing new engines? Surely he wouldnt do that in an important cup final??

got to agree regarding Palovaara, he has been woeful for a few meeting's now,,, and Phillips was Phillips :(

Lindgren done ok, only dropping points to Summers and R Worrall, but hats off again to Ashley Morris, well beaten up in his 1st ride, rode his socks off then bounced back from that crash. Lambert was class, apart from one race, when it looked like Vic held him up a bit. S Worrall had 1 stinka.

Glasgow didn't look that good, so maybe there's hope t'morro, but probly not enough,,,

Think u will find Glasgow fans cheered when our riders crashed also pal so please get ya facts right eh

My fact was 100% correct. There is no denying it.

• Like 1

If you get the 75 FirstBus you get off at the Mobility Solutions / Gala Bingo stop and the stadium is a short walk along Hawthorn St., the stop is across the road from the car park so just follow the crowd. ;):cheers:

• Like 1

Morris has to be first on the team sheet next season

Cert that he would be hard to better at reserve, but the 'numbers game' is as always going to be the decider methinks?

The delightful home fans cheering riders falling again.

Ah it's Newcastle fans turn now from you - makes a change from similar comments you made about Edinburgh fans in August :shock:

Every club have a some who cheer when an opposing rider falls (do you remember the huge cheer that went up when Cookie fell in ht 11 in last year's Play-Off Final at Ashfield ;) ) but we do not come on here whining about it with a holier than thou attitude like you.

With such perfectly behaved supporters, Glasgow should consider providing replica Angels Wings for them all to wear :P

• Like 1

Just got back.

The worst meeting that I have seen in the last ten years.

Entertainment on the track........ 1 out of 10 and that is being generous

• Like 3

It's not over. On the assumption we don't prepare a trick track Newcastle have riders that will love our fast smooth track. Just hope our guys can relax enjoy there racing and win the trophy they deserve.

got to agree regarding Palovaara, he has been woeful for a few meeting's now,,, and Phillips was Phillips :(

Lindgren done ok, only dropping points to Summers and R Worrall, but hats off again to Ashley Morris, well beaten up in his 1st ride, rode his socks off then bounced back from that crash. Lambert was class, apart from one race, when it looked like Vic held him up a bit. S Worrall had 1 stinka.

Glasgow didn't look that good, so maybe there's hope t'morro, but probly not enough,,,

If that was the case you are lucky we didn't turn up then or you could have been in real trouble it is ours to lose now and after last week i cannot see us throwing this away now.

My fact was 100% correct. There is no denying it.

So why not balance ur argument with the THE FACT ur lot were doing it also, aswell as hurling abuse at the referee, who I might add got imo all the decisions he had right
  • Like 1

Just got back.

The worst meeting that I have seen in the last ten years.

Entertainment on the track........ 1 out of 10 and that is being generous

I got bored watching the updates..3 hrs for a 15 heat meeting is a joke,

sad to say but when rider in the top 5 gets injured early,it can make it a non contest,Newcastle were on the back foot from the get go,ive never understood why RR cant be applied in the situation

If that was the case you are lucky we didn't turn up then or you could have been in real trouble it is ours to lose now and after last week i cannot see us throwing this away now.

your probly right, but from 3 heat advantages Newcastle held before having a rider fall, the re-runs went the way of Glasgow.

a no its ifs and buts and was Newcastle riders that fell, but even a 2 or 3 pt swing would have given us a lead. Can't see you's losing it now, its just a shame of 2 teams with so much promise all season, 1 will end up with nowt :(

,ive never understood why RR cant be applied in the situation

it does in EL, doesn't it ?

Reading the updates looks like the writing was on the wall for the Diamonds when Kus was injured, very few teams could get a decent result having to replace a rider in the top 5 with reserves.

The Cup appears to be Glasgow's to lose.

The Injured Riders Replacement (IRR) rule would have helped Newcastle in this case if the Prem League had adopted the rule that the Elite has. Haven't seen it used much this year in the Elite but is it something that maybe the PL should look at? An injury so early in a meeting can sometimes ruin it for the fans. Edited by iand

Could not get to Brough last night....getting car repaired. Hoping to take wor lass's car to Glasgow providing no emergency Grandad duties....going alone hopefully a 2.30 p.m. start...any daft diamonds fans fancy sharing cost?