British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LifeIsSpeedway

Your Team For 2017

Then whoever is left once the stand alone clubs have had their pick to make the Starlets competitive. Nothing against Campos or Hazeldene but would be nice to see some new younger faces.

Funny to see Shane classed as old at the grand old age of 22 lol

Edited by GARRYH

Didn't say he was old at all, just that I'd prefer to see some younger faces. Would be nice to have an all teenage 1-7 who all have potential for improvement.

Trouble is Gordon if you had a teenage 1-7 you have nobody to pass guidance on. Having worked in the king's Lynn pits. The mix works well and without it some of the youngsters would be all at sea. Scott and Shane bring more to the team than just their riding

Edited by GARRYH
  • Like 2

If Lynn don't want Shane then send him to kent please. Seems a lovely lad and was giving all sorts of advice to younger riders and indeed adult novices when I met him at Lydd in the summer. And looked a class act, and his form before his horrific crash was the best of his career.

I imagine he will have numerous offers this winter.

• Like 1

I haven't put much thought into this but:

1. Mark Baseby 7.90

2. Chris Widman 4.53

3. Nathan Stoneman 7.00

4. Ben Hopwood 6.00

5. Darryl Ritchings 7.04

6. Layne Cupitt 3.18

7. Kelsey Dugard 4.28

Total: 39.93

No idea on averages but for Mildenhall:

1 Armstrong

2 Stoneman

3 Coles

4 Bowtell

5 Mountain

6 Hampshire

7 Jenkins

8 Bebee

I'd imagine that's the most likely side they'll have although wouldn't be surprised to see Jenkins and Hampshire elsewhere. Can't see many changes whatever happens.

1. Ellis Perks 8.68
2. Jordan Jenkins 3.00
3. Georgie Wood 7.53
4. Ben Hopwood 6.00
5. Jake Knight 8.54
6. Kyle Bickley 3.00
7. Tom Brennan 3.00

Total - 39.75

• Like 1

1. Ellis Perks 8.68

2. Jordan Jenkins 3.00

3. Georgie Wood 7.53

4. Ben Hopwood 6.00

5. Jake Knight 8.54

6. Kyle Bickley 3.00

7. Tom Brennan 3.00

Total - 39.75

That would be a cracking team, would love that combination, but I would think the chances of getting Bickley and Jenkins is probably nil unfortunately.

Could look like this?

1.Ellis Perks 8.68

2.Richard Andrews 4.36

3.Georgie Wood 7.53

4.Kelsey Dugard 4.28

5.Jake Knight 8.54

6.Newby to speedway 3.00

7.Tom Brennen 3.00

Total 39.39

If the final averages put Luke Harris or Charley Powell under 3.61 insert in No 6.

Edited by gazzac

That nick Laurence I think it was last night? Didn't look to shabby after the meeting I know he's no youth but still worth a shot in my eyes could be another Danny Ayres story

No idea on averages but for Mildenhall:

1 Armstrong

2 Stoneman

3 Coles

4 Bowtell

5 Mountain

6 Hampshire

7 Jenkins

8 Bebee

I'd imagine that's the most likely side they'll have although wouldn't be surprised to see Jenkins and Hampshire elsewhere. Can't see many changes whatever happens.

I am not so sure. If they did not feel confident that they had him tied up for next year then surely they would have used him more to get a true average. Why protect his 3.0 for somebody else's benefit?

You might lose one of Hampshire or Beebee because top 5 looks to much for them at this stage.

I am not so sure. If they did not feel confident that they had him tied up for next year then surely they would have used him more to get a true average. Why protect his 3.0 for somebody else's benefit?

You might lose one of Hampshire or Beebee because top 5 looks to much for them at this stage.

you say that but it's like Buxton with JPB last year. They wanted him to stay he went where the money is
  • Like 1

It wasn't Mildenhall that was protecting his average though it was the family. They were aware he would be an attractive prospect on a 3.00 but not a 7.00 which it could have been due to rolling averages.

Much in the same way that whilst Stoneman is an almost cert for Mildenhall he doesn't look superb value on a 7.00

Looking ahead at next season reserves will be more important than ever as there are not many riders available on bargain averages unlike this year so educated guesses will play a part more than ever.

Edited by Sings4Kings

Kevin Jolly went on record to say that it was Jenkins family protecting his average. Makes perfect sense to me as it'll certainly give him more options next year. I could see him going to Eastbourne over Birmingham if he's not at Mildenhall. Hampshire is someone who I'd be desperate to sign if I was the Mildenhall promotion. The amount that he improved over the season was exceptional and he even beat Jenkins in the challenge meeting, having been nearly half a lap behind in the early stages of the year in the second halves. I can't see Bebee coming back straight away, he'll go in and out of the team next year I'd imagine, if he does in fact decide to return.

That would be a cracking team, would love that combination, but I would think the chances of getting Bickley and Jenkins is probably nil unfortunately.

Could look like this?

1.Ellis Perks 8.68

2.Richard Andrews 4.36

3.Georgie Wood 7.53

4.Kelsey Dugard 4.28

5.Jake Knight 8.54

6.Newby to speedway 3.00

7.Tom Brennen 3.00

Total 39.39

If the final averages put Luke Harris or Charley Powell under 3.61 insert in No 6.

Seems like us Eastbourne fans are all talking roughly the same

Mine would be something like this

1. Ellis Perks (love him and he has mastered Arlington)

2. Kelsey Dugard (Surely they can get him going a bit better and put a point on his average....he is a Dugard)

3. Georgie Wood, (time the next baby for winter please)

4. Gary Cotham (would like to see what he can do and I like that he is so keen)

5. Jake Knight (Although I do tend to get a bit stressed if he dont gate)!

6. Tommy B (Probably the biggest dead cert in the league)

7. Nick Phillips (as per Gary Cotham)

Obviously I would make the call to Jordan Jenkings if I was Connor but I am guessing pretty much every other club will do that as well so I am assuming we dont get him.

Luke and Charlie just a victim of averages really. I sponsored Charlies race suit this year so its hard to leave him out and Luke has done nothing wrong! I would HATE to be a team manager.