British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

I am at a loss to see what has been done that would encourage an increase in attendances

To potentially lower costs by a few quid is fine but as you say, wealdstone, at the end of the day, it is all about bums on seats and once again this issue has been filed under "too difficult".

:t:

I'd suggest that's exactly how the promoters came up with their current ideas. Promotion/relegation is already used in Sweden and Poland, although teams do still pick and chose whether they want to be promoted. Riders like AJ double up in two leagues in Sweden. Now if we could only copy the Danish league's progression scheme where they offer track days and the use of a bike to get youngsters interested in the sport, we might be a goer.

Surely, this is one of the primary functions of BSPA's National Speedway Academy based at the Belle Vue Arena?

In cycling, we used to have taster sessions and junior leagues. The promising youngsters would be taken into the Talent Team and mentored and guided accordingly.

I feel sure that the National Speedway Academy will be operating a comparable system.

Surely, this is one of the primary functions of BSPA's National Speedway Academy based at the Belle Vue Arena?

In cycling, we used to have taster sessions and junior leagues. The promising youngsters would be taken into the Talent Team and mentored and guided accordingly.

I feel sure that the National Speedway Academy will be operating a comparable system.

You tell me. Have spent 20 minutes Googling and can only see articles that said academy exists. Nothing on how to join in, prices, times, or any other details you'd expect. Even the BSPA's website doesn't have a "get involved" tab with such information.

You tell me. Have spent 20 minutes Googling and can only see articles that said academy exists. Nothing on how to join in, prices, times, or any other details you'd expect. Even the BSPA's website doesn't have a "get involved" tab with such information.

There are 'experience days' at Scunthorpe and I think at Redcar, Northside and a few others. http://www.speedwaygb.co/training

I am at a loss to see what has been done that would encourage an increase in attendances

closer more competitive racing and possibly a league table with only 10pts covering the field first to last.

closer more competitive racing and possibly a league table with only 10pts covering the field first to last.

reversion to a conventional format, and likely use of 2/3 point brits to get under the points limit, i think the racing this year will be less competitive than in 2016.

• Like 2

Or the opposit view that the standards in both leagues has been reduced, but there will not be a corresponding reduction in admission costs

always an opposing view

It was a key point in the Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Committee document that there would be an Academy to, "nurture new talent for the sport".

So, it must be up and running by now and you would have thought it would have been discussed at the recent Promoters' chin wag.

Even if it is not quite fully operational, I would imagine that there must be a strategy document at BSPA Towers explaining it's purpose and objectives and suggested budget.

I'll perhaps drop them an email and enquire.

These are commendable objectives.

How many extra bums on seats do you estimate that there will be as a result?

Edited by Little Thumper

Im with you on that one.The only advantage is the Championship seems to be a Northern League barring Peterborough and Ipswich,which might help with travel costs etc,and more local derbies for the clubs.The rest just seems to be the usual fag packet stuff. Edited by Fromafar

I might have missed it, but are Premiership teams still allowed to name a number 8? And also, I think Lakeside had Lawson and Kennett sharing a place until Swiderski was dropped, is that still possible?

Well, the best I can come up with on the BSPA site regarding a National Speedway Academy is this:-

http://www.speedwaygb.co/speedwaytrainingprogramme

Now this appears to be some kind of commercial apprenticeship type of thing and seems to based in Norwich.

Possibly, this is the blueprint for the syllabus at the Academy and it could be that the BSPA is allowing a third party to get the thing up and running.

Hopefully, we will hear something before we get too close to next season.

reversion to a conventional format, and likely use of 2/3 point brits to get under the points limit, i think the racing this year will be less competitive than in 2016.

So it will do nothing to attract more or new fans..

So with all the AGM decisions being based around the old PL format and averages, does that mean admission to all tracks will be at PL/Championship prices?!

Should be at least a quid or two cheaper for the majority of the 2016 EL clubs?!

So with all the AGM decisions being based around the old PL format and averages, does that mean admission to all tracks will be at PL/Championship prices?!

Should be at least a quid or two cheaper for the majority of the 2016 EL clubs?!

I would expect so ...

I hope that is the case but cannot see the promoters doing that. What it will probably do is put them off raising the entry price for the 2017 season.

• Like 1