British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
damosuzuki

Glasgow 2017

You practicing at Berwick that night pal :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Aye doing my warm up in the Black and Gold :wink:

Another working party meeting at the track this Sunday at 10am, then next Thursday the new foam fence arrives from down south.

Volunteers required for both days if anyone has some spare time.

Well done to everyone that got the foam fence erected despite the bad weather. Smashing photos on official facebook page. Only a couple of weeks til the ben meeting hopefully get the names of the remaining riders at tonight's supporters do

i think glasgow are about to nick the plrc off sheff forever .. better pay a visit before we need a passport to cross the border !

• Like 2

i think glasgow are about to nick the plrc off sheff forever .. better pay a visit before we need a passport to cross the border !

Watch out Jimmy Krankie might march South.

Edited by tyretrax

Nah - Smiler and cookie will be the top 2.

Cheers for that info mate on another note could you pm me this weeks Euro Millions & Saturdays lottery numbers.

• Like 2

I think a lot will depend on how much money the meeting makes, if they find that they have a bigger crowd and make more money at Glasgow then they will more than likely keep it there.

After last year where it took 2 hrs 45 min for 23 races , I am glad Sheffield have lost the PLRC.

They dragged it out yet again.

I think a lot will depend on how much money the meeting makes, if they find that they have a bigger crowd and make more money at Glasgow then they will more than likely keep it there.

Crowd capacity wise don't think Glasgow can hold as much as Sheffield ,so depends how many turn up like you say.There have been some decent sized crowds over the years,but seems to have dipped a bit recent years.

Crowd capacity wise don't think Glasgow can hold as much as Sheffield ,so depends how many turn up like you say.There have been some decent sized crowds over the years,but seems to have dipped a bit recent years.

They are increasing the capacity at Ashfield on the back straight & 3rd & 4th bends they are hoping to have the back straight seating installed for the Ben Fund on Sunday.

They are increasing the capacity at Ashfield on the back straight & 3rd & 4th bends they are hoping to have the back straight seating installed for the Ben Fund on Sunday.

They have to be commended for the effort and money they are putting into the Stadium,it will have great atmosphere if they can get the crowds to increase.Hard to tell if Sat nights is a better option ,speedway at night produces better track conditions regargarding watering etc and under lights is another plus IMO .Wish them the best of luck.
  • Like 2

If they get the same size crowd it will make more money as Glasgow own the stadium and wont charge rent.